Did You Want To Be Famous When You Got Into Using Sequencers ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:35 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:56 pm i think we've found someone, who wanted fame, but failed, and is now jealous of anyone that did make it.
especially if they made it, recently.
Don't know who you're implying here, but I don't and never have done envied anyone who made it in the field of music or anything else. I'd find that a bazaar assumption to make in regard to myself, it's just not how I think or view others in the world.
nope, wasn't referring to you :tu:

*bizarre*. A bazaar is a type of marketplace made of numerous smaller shops

jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:13 am *bizarre*. A bazaar is a type of marketplace made of numerous smaller shops
Haha, I think I chose that too quickly with my browser spell checker, lol.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

when i got to using sequencers (anvil studio, reaper, podium free) i didn't want to be famous. that's the time i came to the conclusion "i don't have to be in a band, i'll sequence the bass and drum parts and whatever else all by myself in reaper or whatever".

one can write famous songs without being famous?
no one knows who wrote the song greensleeves?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:02 pm
no one knows who wrote the song greensleeves?
someone with a really bad cold and no handkerchief.

but my music collection is full of musicmakers who were initially driven by the need to be famous and i'm glad.

in the end, john lennon regretted being famous?
lots of others in there probably regretted it too.
the being famous part, not the musicmaking part?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

jancivil wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:58 pm the sequence was for Intro to Green Acres. It was fantastic, I had all these samples off the TV, so you'd hear a way slowed-down Darling I love you but, creepshow shit. but we did something else with it which was also dark... so nonetheless the entrance of dada da dant dah - DUNT DUNT had pretty much the impact we're going for.
I want to bear your children
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm I'd rather be infamous.
I’d rather be famous than righteous or holy, any day.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

You'd rather be famous than "morally right or justifiable; virtuous" ? Ummm Ok. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'd rather be Dan Rathers than Cotton Mather
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:30 pm You'd rather be famous than "morally right or justifiable; virtuous" ? Ummm Ok. :shrug:
you can be both.
rosa parks, mother theresa, gandhi, superman.
:shrug:

Yes of course that's true but they did not choose fame over morality. Their fame came from their morality. Well except Superman, his fame came from being faster than a speeding bullet. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

When I discovered Music Maker as a kid, and later FL Studio, I wanted one thing above all. Make music that no one dared before, I want to live out my craziness in it, shock people and make them laugh.

This becoming famous was now and then a dream when I was doing too well. I'm sure it comes from newspapers and television. I think the real motivation is not to become famous. The real motivation is to give people something they didn't have before, something that makes them happy. You give them new inspiration. Of course, it feels good to be famous somewhere, but any fame is also a sign of what you can achieve as a person. Sure, there are also impressive skills with which mine can be born, but that's another topic.

If a motivation is there, whatever it is, then you can pursue it. If you can do something with it that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise, there's nothing wrong with it. Who knows what absurd motivations have created world records. Should it be love, spirituality, sexuality, the tendency to absurdity, the pursuit of happiness, finding a woman who also accepts the vacuum cleaner... then take this wave with you. It's just smart.

Faiky wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:29 pm finding a woman who also accepts the vacuum cleaner.
:scared: which orifice are we talking?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:27 pm Yes of course that's true but they did not choose fame over morality. Their fame came from their morality. Well except Superman, his fame came from being faster than a speeding bullet. :shrug:
bet it was mostly boring though, sat around being good :shrug:
except superman of course, he can fly, even through space! :party:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”