Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pbognar wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 pmBitwig has notation?
jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:46 pm Ah, Bitwig, I remember when they first implemented time signatures in it. Couple years ago?
It's a different market. You want Bitwig, use that, Cubase is not that, it's never going to be that even if they try to attract that _market_ with kinda sorta those features {within its own paradigm}. You want Cubase to be Reaktor and Bitwig, and what else?
Chill guys, it's just a joke :party:

I don't want Cubase to become Bitwig, just like I don't want Bitwig to become Cubase. Behringer's DAW will do all of that and will be free, so I'll finally be able to sell all my DAWs :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm Behringer's DAW will do all of that and will be free, so I'll finally be able to sell all my DAWs :P
reason?
the way things are going there, wont be long before theyre under the music tribe umbrella :)

ok at this point I'd take "Behringer's DAW" as satirizing the thing. Short of that reduction to the absurd it's kind of Poe's Law here

Steinberg has been giving away Sequel 3 Windows for free since June '21.

hmmm...

It’s November guys, the announcement is just around the corner 😆 I guess 🤔

In 4-6 weeks it will be released. And soon windows 11 will be released. Be prepared for more than usual bugs with C 11.5

Daimonicon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:16 pm In 4-6 weeks it will be released. And soon windows 11 will be released. Be prepared for more than usual bugs with C 11.5
Last year it was 11th Nov. This year I heard 17th is the date.
Music tech enthusiast

To be consistent it should be announced on Nov 11th at noon 🙃
antic604 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:59 pm
Daimonicon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:16 pm In 4-6 weeks it will be released. And soon windows 11 will be released. Be prepared for more than usual bugs with C 11.5
Last year it was 11th Nov. This year I heard 17th is the date.

^^^ that looks like a photoshop job :D

The font is narrower and there's version & build number missing in lower-left corner.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:53 pm Ok, I'll start.

Greg Ondo mistaken me for someone else and gave me a 1h tour of 11.5 via MS Teams. What's coming?
- clip launcher with integration for Push, Launchpads and touch screens
- native modulation system, i.e. LFOs, ADSRs, MSEGs, Step Sequeners, Env. Followers that you can connect to anything
- new modular environment for building synths & FX from scratch, basically like Reaktor
- full touch-screen support, incl. ability to actually draw staff notation as if it was on a sheet of paper
- vector GUI, that you can reskin and resize however you want & it stays crisp all the time
- plugin sandboxing & bit-bridging
Please... please... please... let this be true!

(especially the bit quoted in bold)

tremor206 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:53 pm Ok, I'll start.

Greg Ondo mistaken me for someone else and gave me a 1h tour of 11.5 via MS Teams. What's coming?
- clip launcher with integration for Push, Launchpads and touch screens
- native modulation system, i.e. LFOs, ADSRs, MSEGs, Step Sequeners, Env. Followers that you can connect to anything
- new modular environment for building synths & FX from scratch, basically like Reaktor
- full touch-screen support, incl. ability to actually draw staff notation as if it was on a sheet of paper
- vector GUI, that you can reskin and resize however you want & it stays crisp all the time
- plugin sandboxing & bit-bridging
Please... please... please... let this be true!

(especially the bit quoted in bold)
That post was obviously a joke :D
Music tech enthusiast

I think Cubase Pro 12 will be release before 11.5 version.

I cross my fingers ...

Can we cut out the Bitwig propaganda and get back to Cubase?

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:26 pm Can we cut out the Bitwig propaganda and get back to Cubase?
Propaganda? Because we want features that would improve workflow for anyone who uses cubase?

Are you saying you wouldn’t benefit from cubase having native mod sources that can be assigned to anything in a project?

It’s a pretty highly requested feature & the MIDI inserts are dated beyond belief.

Wanting modern features introduced by the competition isn’t propaganda. I dunno. Maybe you love the dated clunky workflow of cubase? Personally I’m over having valid requests like this completely ignored by steinberg, so they can add new native FX we all own better 3rd party solutions for

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”