rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:43 pm Nobody? I've only heard back from one person. For those of you complaining about the Lag in Predator 3 this is your chance to help Rob find a solution or least discover what's going on.
Why doesn't Rob respond to people in this thread to show that he's read the responses ?

Users can only guess as to how Rob has managed to bugger up his synth to make it the way it is. He's the only one that will know what's been changed within the code base of Predator 3 and to do anything about it. Apparently, he's on the case, but I get the impression he's unwittingly crippled it in such a way that he didn't realise he was doing to be so sluggish. He didn't even recognise how sluggish it is even as he uses it. This is what happens when you lock yourself in the development of one synth and don't have people testing it and providing feedback in other ways to improve it during a beta release for example, because there are some glaringly obvious things that need changing with Predator 3 which people have pointed out.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:43 pm Nobody? I've only heard back from one person. For those of you complaining about the Lag in Predator 3 this is your chance to help Rob find a solution or least discover what's going on.
Why doesn't Rob respond to people in this thread to show that he's read the responses ?

Users can only guess as to how Rob has managed to bugger up his synth to make it the way it is. He's the only one that will know what's been changed within the code base of Predator 3 and to do anything about it. Apparently, he's on the case, but I get the impression he's unwittingly crippled it in such a way that he didn't realise he was doing to be so sluggish. He didn't even recognise how sluggish it is even as he uses it. This is what happens when you lock yourself in the development of one synth and don't have people testing it and providing feedback in other ways to improve it during a beta release for example, because there are some glaringly obvious things that need changing with Predator 3 which people have pointed out.
Maybe you can send an email to Rob an explain him how to run company, how to create and test synths?

HcDoom wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:22 pm Maybe you can send an email to Rob an explain him how to run company, how to create and test synths?
One shouldn't need to... it's not like he's new to software development.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:12 pm Why doesn't Rob respond to people in this thread to show that he's read the responses ?
I believe Rob used to have a presence here and maybe even a sub-forum years ago but you know how KVR can be....I mean just read your post for an example.

Rob and Jon are really nice guys and in my opinion don't deserve any insults.

Sometimes products get released that aren't 100% perfect but if more people would make an effort to help instead of just bitching things would go a lot smoother.

Anyway I opened a support ticket and have been at least trying to help him identify the issues. That's why I asked for more information.

Good news is they're working on a new version that should address the concerns expressed here.

So have some patience and let's see how the new version performs. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm Anyway I opened a support ticket and have been at least trying to help him identify the issues. That's why I asked for more information.

So have some patience and let's see how the new version performs. :tu:
There are mulitple pages here, and on different platforms of people saying the same thing, including facebook and youtube.

How is it possible to not notice this glaring flaw in the usability of a synth ? This isn't a just a bug, it's a core usability issue you would notice immediately as a developer of it. Why put something on sale and keep it on sale without properly testing it, knowing there is an issue like this ? Is that fair to the customer ? Imagine there wasn't a demo and people had bought it, some may even have and are unhappy and are now wanting a refund now or selling it. Predator isn't cheap, and I will argue with the price point he's selling it at as well, but that's another point of contention.

Rob isn't likely to change the design in any way significantly to improve the design of it and make it more user-friendly. He's more or less said that himself, so that doesn't inspire confidence.

Also I state things the way they are factually, I don't need to post insults to do that, there is a difference.

Not all developers have a presence here at KVR and some of those who did in the past left because of attitudes like yours.

Try complaining about Nexus here for example.

Based on the feedback at Facebook, Rob had already said they were looking into the issues and a new version would be released soon.

Ok we get it you're not happy with Predator 3. But whining about it here will accomplish nothing.

I'm going to do what I can to help make it a better synth because I enjoy supporting genuinely nice developers.

There is no "glaring flaw in the usability". It's simply an annoyance that the developer is working to fix. You're blowing it way out of proportion.

It is an optimum situation ? No but it's not the end of the world either.

Like I said have patience and let's see how the next version performs as it looks like there will be several changes to address the issue. Or move on if you're that unhappy. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Don't expect developers to be here.

Will there be some sort of Predator Player at any point?
I know, there was a version like this for on of the previous versions.

ok i think predator 3 is broken somehow? can someone please test?

1. i right click on e.g. cutoff and modulate to free lfo1 but in the mod matrix it doesnt show this modulation

2. i switched off/bypassed on another patch all modulations and the XY modulation seems seperately and not connected with the mod matrix. still the waveform of osc1 is transformed?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Can confirm this.
Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:21 am 1. i right click on e.g. cutoff and modulate to free lfo1 but in the mod matrix it doesnt show this modulation

2. i switched off/bypassed on another patch all modulations and the XY modulation seems seperately and not connected with the mod matrix. still the waveform of osc1 is transformed?

What I find most confusing about the interface is that some modulation source assignments are not listed in the Modulation window. An example would be ENV/LFO/AF assignments. You can assign envelopes to parameters directly from the ENV/LFO/AF window, but the assignment doesn’t show up in Modulations. I would expect the Modulation window to be the global repository for all things modulated regardless of where the assignment was initiated from.

Parameter rverse interrogation via right click isn’t necessarily the quickest way to find out who goes where, because it’s buried in a rather lengthy pull down.

I will be sending Rob a note on this. Thought it worth a mention here, though.
On a number of Macs

There is a live streaming now on YouTube, so you can tell him directly.

EnGee wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:25 pm There is a live streaming now on YouTube, so you can tell him directly.
I filed a support ticket.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:50 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:25 pm There is a live streaming now on YouTube, so you can tell him directly.
I filed a support ticket.
Great :tu:

This was the streaming today morning (my time!). If someone is interested in his plugins, he/she can subscribe and interact with him directly every Friday at 8 or 10 p.m. Netherland time (I think, check it!) for about one hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QmOXkdlFg

interesting topic.... pred3 is a synth with great presets, but the gui technology is not the newest. Currently i don't have this synth, but know it inside out. Sometimes I wonder how cool would predator3 be with a gui and features like hive2's...

Return to “Instruments”