Any "trick" to launch v3 on Windows 10?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought the license (thought, what the heck only EUR19?!?) but it doesn't run at all.

I mained support, but probably they won't ever reply...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Tryed in compatibelity mode somehow?

For me energyXT3 runs nicely on Windows 10.
I cannot remember the details (if it starts at all or just with problems), when you install it to somewhere under 'C:\Program Files', but I know for sure, that it will not work properly in this case.
If you did so, just copy the folder where it got installed into under 'C:\Program Files' to a directory where you also have write access. (e.g. 'My documents') and try to start it from there.

classic wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:18 pm Tryed in compatibelity mode somehow?
Yes, no luck :(
Music tech enthusiast

ZonderP wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:52 pm For me energyXT3 runs nicely on Windows 10.
I cannot remember the details (if it starts at all or just with problems), when you install it to somewhere under 'C:\Program Files', but I know for sure, that it will not work properly in this case.
If you did so, just copy the folder where it got installed into under 'C:\Program Files' to a directory where you also have write access. (e.g. 'My documents') and try to start it from there.
I installed it at the path that was proposed to me, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)

I'll try something else, see if it helps & report back.

No reply from support yet :(
Music tech enthusiast

It doesn't work on 'C:\Program Files (x86)', because energyXT is written in a way so that it updates(==writes) an important file in that same directory where it resides in (which is good for 'portability').
Therefore: just copy the files from there to somewhere else where you have write access, usually 'My Documents' is good.
'C:\Program Files (x86)' is protected by the Windows operating system and programs are not allowed to write there since many years - also on Windows 7 this doesn't work anymore since a long time. Why Jorgen (the dev) never adjusted the installer to propose a better directory - I don't know...
Note that the installer does no magic at all, it just only copies files to this directory. It doesn't write stuff to the registry or what else - which means you can just put energyXT3 anywhere (where writing is allowed) and it should work.

ZonderP wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:13 pm It doesn't work on 'C:\Program Files (x86)', because energyXT is written in a way so that it updates(==writes) an important file in that same directory where it resides in (which is good for 'portability').
Therefore: just copy the files from there to somewhere else where you have write access, usually 'My Documents' is good.
'C:\Program Files (x86)' is protected by the Windows operating system and programs are not allowed to write there since many years - also on Windows 7 this doesn't work anymore since a long time. Why Jorgen (the dev) never adjusted the installer to propose a better directory - I don't know...
Note that the installer does no magic at all, it just only copies files to this directory. It doesn't write stuff to the registry or what else - which means you can just put energyXT3 anywhere (where writing is allowed) and it should work.
Unfortunately this doesn't make a difference. Even tried running in Win XP compatibility mode without any luck :-(

:(
What happens?
Does it just crash without any error?
Or is there an error displayed?
Or it starts but then doesn't work in some way?
What feature version of Windows 10 (1903, 20H1, 22H2, ...)

Hi, I had the same issue and what I've managed to do is to disable virtual CPU cores. In my case I disabled SMT from BIOS, which is the equivalent of Intel Hyper Threading. I have tested it on two Ryzen based computers and on both systems EXT v3 doesn't run without disabling SMT. If I remember right, some years ago I did test it on a XEON based computer without any problems, so it's possible that this is related to Ryzen based systems.

:) I haven't use this software in years, but IIRC, it ran very well in Linux with WINE and WINEASIO.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

ZonderP wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:26 pm :(
What happens?
Does it just crash without any error?
Or is there an error displayed?
Or it starts but then doesn't work in some way?
What feature version of Windows 10 (1903, 20H1, 22H2, ...)
Nothing happens. It just won't start at all. Win 11 21H2

V3.0 does not work in Windows 11, probably true for Win 10 as well.
V2.7 and earlier do work in Windows 11.

Note I did not try disabling stuff and I don't have it installed in C:\Program Files(x86) or any other protected folder.
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

V3 works on w10 and the beta 64 as well.
No issues whatsoever.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 pm V3 works on w10 and the beta 64 as well.
No issues whatsoever.
Any hints on how you got it working? HAve tried everything in thread, v3 won't launch.
Beta crashes upon saving project.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Brittlestem wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 am
liquidsound wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 pm V3 works on w10 and the beta 64 as well.
No issues whatsoever.
Any hints on how you got it working? HAve tried everything in thread, v3 won't launch.
Beta crashes upon saving project.
I use a Surface Pro 6 and W10 Home v22H2 and I have never modified a single setting. It’s an incredible stable system similar to the way Apple does it: Hardware/Software.
Perhaps that’s one of the reason?

For example Ableton never crashes on this laptop…
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “energyXT”