Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:54 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:39 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:32 pm I'm beginning to wonder if it's foolish to hope for a 1.4 that fixes some of its bigger issues.
Only beginning? :hihi:
Well yes, it was a tad tongue in cheek. Seems they don't really give a f**k about their flagship synth and will just dribble out little fixes here and there. One lives in hope though.
My feeling is that NI has very different priorities now and someone probably had to push for this synth to be released at all.

Think about how Plasmonic came out as an independent product instead of something like Absynth X.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:54 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:39 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:32 pm I'm beginning to wonder if it's foolish to hope for a 1.4 that fixes some of its bigger issues.
Only beginning? :hihi:
Well yes, it was a tad tongue in cheek. Seems they don't really give a f**k about their flagship synth and will just dribble out little fixes here and there. One lives in hope though.
I'm confident the developers would love to do bigger updates. However, there are realities that must be dealt with... VST3, scalable GUI's, native Apple Silicon support. Also, I would assume that Kontakt is a higher priority than Massive X. Kontakt must be many time the revenue generator compared to MX.

NI getting its house in order is the right move, even if it means less feature updates in the short term.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:40 pm Maybe it was a flop sales-wise, relatively speaking. Which would be a shame, as it sounds incredible.
it does sound really beautiful.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:40 pm Maybe it was a flop sales-wise, relatively speaking. Which would be a shame, as it sounds incredible.
Yeah, but I don't think all is lost. What if NI releases MX2 with a fully featured browser, faster GUI, new skins, brand new granular engine, more wavetables, filters and FX? It could turn the table and become a hit
I mean, one can dream! :lol:

That false rumor about aliasing was really frustrating to see at launch. That and AVX support were a real distraction.

dayjob wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:04 pm
it does sound really beautiful.
but it doesn't work w/apple silicon and monterey.

Guys, you don't get it.
I wish in the future updates you could favorite presets since there are so many. Or am I missing something?
From the off the preset browser - or lack of it - was the main minus point with MX
The preset handling in MX really annoys me.
fully featured browser
Two years and four months is a lot of time to put a proper browser in.
Two words: Komplete Kontrol.

Now you got it all wrong:
but it doesn't work w/apple silicon
It's the Apple Silicon which didn't work with most of software out there.

Yet they somehow made all the developers in the world adjust to Apple's new tech on their own behalf, while the Apple gets the highest profit of all companies in the world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:05 am Now you got it all wrong:
but it doesn't work w/apple silicon
It's the Apple Silicon which didn't work with most of software out there.

Yet they somehow made all the developers in the world adjust to Apple's new tech on their own behalf, while the Apple gets the highest profit of all companies in the world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
what a hot take.
DAWs are like 200-500$/piece with hundreds of plugin stock and a lot more shit to maintain, while single saturators and compressors are 200$.

Here's what i can do with an M1 Mac:
everything

here's what i can do with NI without any DAW or computer:
nothing

now i'm off to enjoy my native m1 sessions - native instruments free

dayjob wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 am but it doesn't work w/apple silicon and monterey.
Works fine with Rosetta.

Ploki wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:13 am now i'm off to enjoy my native m1 sessions - native instruments free
NI stuff it is some of the best stuff I own (especially with KK), I wouldn't give it up and would rather swap OS's than loose Komplete Ultimate and Maschine with my KK MK2 set up...MAC/PC, I don't give a monkeys, I only care about the software I run on it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:22 am NI stuff it is some of the best stuff I own (especially with KK), I wouldn't give it up and would rather swap OS's than loose Komplete Ultimate and Maschine with my KK MK2 set up...MAC/PC, I don't give a monkeys, I only care about the software I run on it.
I never cared that much about NI stuff. gf has komplete kontrol 61 and machine micro mk3, and i like it for the hardware, but the software implementation kills it for me. Why would anyone want to wrap every software instrument they own and have their projects 100% dependent on support from a single developer is beyond me.

Ploki wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:13 am now i'm off to enjoy my native m1 sessions - native instruments free
I always walk into threads I have no interest in as well, just to post that I don't use the products. It's fun, isn't it?

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:30 am
I always walk into threads I have no interest in as well, just to post that I don't use the products. It's fun, isn't it?
i have interest in Massive X and i use Kontakt (as little as i can). I still hate it tho.

Return to “Instruments”