Intel 12900k has just been released. Best in class performance, giving AMD and Apple a run for their money.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:)

Not sure if they'd market it with "efficiency" though. Rather with sustainability. "The more you consume, the more you are becoming a world savior!". That's how this generation rolls.

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:39 amSeriously? We're discussing about PC's "heating the room" now? :lol:

Ridiculous what the anti-Intel folks pull out of their pockets the whole time.
No matter how "silly" you think it is, it's an increasing issue due to rising power demands, and a much overlooked factor for PC's, particularly in small enclosed spaces and home environments.

Also, since I was one of those discussing it, you're directly implying that I'm anti x or y company in your remarks. I don't care what CPU people run, nor did I imply that these issues are confined to Intel (they aren't, and the next generation of AMD's may well turn up their power usage to "respond", and the next generation of desktop M1's will use more power than present.. ).

Even if you can control temperature in your room, noise is a directly related issue for people who record audio!
Man, the way this world is right now, highly political in every way thinkable, I just wonder how times will be in 10 years, when the generation XYZ or whatever it is called, are ready to make the world how they want it to be. I frankly shudder when I think about it.
Complains about world. Makes post full of bias and incorrect assumptions. :? :o :D

What are the newly released 12Gen options for Laptop?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:23 pm What are the newly released 12Gen options for Laptop?

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/intel ... ple-m1-max

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 am
rezoneight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:22 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:07 am Apple simply the best performance per watt. Not even close. For some that will be important, for some not. Apple doesn’t have a thing to worry themselves over.
They do if they do if they try to put a laptop chip in a desktop case. They need another trick up their sleeve to compete with the workstation class performance of their rivals. They are extremely competitive with laptops but they need more cores and better multithreaded performance to beat out Alder Lake and anything Ryzen 5000 and up.
And you don’t think they’ve been working on that? The intent is to replace the whole line up and they don’t just make laptops. So no, they don’t have anything to worry about. And honestly if I want an Apple machine what Intel and AMD are doing really is irrelevant.
Irrelevant to you. Not to me or others. I’m not religious about this stuff. The world as it sits today just got more complicated for Apple and AMD. Apple isn't done but the impressive if not stunning lead they achieved in laptops isn’t going to be uncontested in the desktop space. Interesting times.
I’m not religious about it either but I have no intention to switch from the Apple stuff I’ve been using for 14-ish years. So yeah for anyone using Apple, and wanting to stay with Apple, Intel and AMD really are irrelevant. Does it mean it keeps Apple on their toes so to speak? I hope but at this point Intel/AMD are water under the bridge for Apple.

I’m not sure how that translates into religion stating the obvious. The whole point they got into chip design in the first place was to not have to rely on anyone else and they’re the uncontested kings in the mobile space. Look at the M1 Max “mobile-focused” chip compared to the Intel desktop chip which is a blowtorch and power hungry. It gives that chip a run for its money at a fraction of the power usage. I expect what they do for desktop will be equally as stunning.

And yeah definitely interesting times. Will be really interesting when they get their 3nm chips with 40 cores or whatever its going to be.

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:46 am Forgtet it. This guy has an agenda. rezoneight isn't here to argue about anything reasonably, he is here solely to defend and promote crApple :hihi:
My agenda is to call out jerks like you on here. Thats my only agenda. And in fact the one who was unreasonable in this thread was you. You seem to think you can just talk however you want here without consequence. No such luck.

I don’t give a f**k about what platform you use.

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:39 am Seriously? We're discussing about PC's "heating the room" now? :lol:

Ridiculous what the anti-Intel folks pull out of their pockets the whole time. Man, the way this world is right now, highly political in every way thinkable, I just wonder how times will be in 10 years, when the generation XYZ or whatever it is called, are ready to make the world how they want it to be. I frankly shudder when I think about it.
Not sure how things are in Germany but here in the US Generation Z and later will likely be the ones that save us because they’re the ones who give a damn about the environment, human equity, etc. The politics arent coming from the kids, they’re coming from the old shits like most of the guys on here.

rezoneight wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:59 pm Not sure how things are in Germany but here in the US Generation Z and later will likely be the ones that save us because they’re the ones who give a damn about the environment, human equity, etc.
Sadly, I doubt that... :-o
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i ... cna1008576

rezoneight wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:59 pm here in the US Generation Z and later will likely be the ones that save us because they’re the ones who give a damn about the environment, human equity, etc.
Sure they are. You are a good example of that :lol: :lol: :lol:
rezoneight wrote: I’m not religious about it either but I have no intention to switch from the Apple stuff .../...
I’m not sure how that translates into religion
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Looks like I picked a bad time to come back to this thread.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Maybe I can get it back on track : intel 12900k vs M1 power consumtion comparison. For the intel is a heater enthusiasts lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comme ... it_strong/

jamcat wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:44 pm Looks like I picked a bad time to come back to this thread.
When there was a right time, it's clickbait rumors thread from the start that expanded into fighting about who have smaller TDP, probably it's good idea to open proper audio thread at this point where we can discuss our next builds, this thing should be on some gaming forum, reddit and similar places.

UltraJv wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 pm Maybe I can get it back on track : intel 12900k vs M1 power consumtion comparison. For the intel is a heater enthusiasts lol

2 questions:
1) is the 12900K a laptop CPU?
2) is it much faster than the M1, or not? (not per Watt, just raw computational power)

you can decide for yourself, what is important to you, but implying the M1 is better in every aspect is just laughable

Oh and yes, i ordered myself an M1 Pro as i'm a laptop enthusiast
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:27 pm
UltraJv wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 pm Maybe I can get it back on track : intel 12900k vs M1 power consumtion comparison. For the intel is a heater enthusiasts lol

2 questions:
1) is the 12900K a laptop CPU?
2) is it much faster than the M1, or not? (not per Watt, just raw computational power)

you can decide for yourself, what is important to you, but implying the M1 is better in every aspect is just laughable

Oh and yes, i ordered myself an M1 Pro as i'm a laptop enthusiast
The laptop version is i9-12900HK.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/intel ... ple-m1-max

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:32 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:59 pm here in the US Generation Z and later will likely be the ones that save us because they’re the ones who give a damn about the environment, human equity, etc.
Sure they are. You are a good example of that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Says the guy from...Portugal?

Hate to break this to you bud but I'm a Gen Xer. Probably about as old and crotchety as you are. Well no, definitely not as crotchety. You're taking that one to a new level here.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”