Reason free trial is gone. Now they charge 1$ to the equivalent of free trial

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kmonkey wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 am
melomood wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:16 am add 'of the subscription service but you can still demo the software' and you're golden
I just changed title from: Reason free trial is gone. Now they charge 1$ to trial

to

Reason free trial is gone. Now they charge 1$ to the equivalent of free trial

Which is completely correct.
Yes,that sounds whiny enough
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Was it easy to created new accounts and "try it" for free endlessly ? Maybe it's to avoid that ?

Or they know that lot of peoples gives their credit card number for that first month and forget about it and continue to pay without noticing for a while.

I can't believe they do that for the 1$.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:16 am I also noticed that they're pushing their subscription scheme hard recently. I couldn't even find the perpetual license offering on their site anymore, a few months ago. But, they changed a lot of things in the recent past. VST support, rack plugin. They've gone through a phase of pretty radical change.

It's fine. I think everyone of us has a head with a brain inside, and can decide for himself what to do.
They keep and keep changing stuff - which reeks of desperation.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Jolaff wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:26 am Or they know that lot of peoples gives their credit card number for that first month and forget about it and continue to pay without noticing for a while.
Yes, that's obviously what they're aiming at - poorest, saddest style. Not an ounce of anything resembling a mimimum of class in anything they do lately.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

melomood wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:23 am I thought NI did that after a fair amount of it had aged
Again we are not debating deals or how old or new products are.

You said that maybe it was because Reasonstudios company had cost in this and you mentioned unused downloads and all that. I told you this is less likely because everyone else is providing much larger content delivery (and trials) for free.

Well unless they are really so desperate that they can not absorb content delivery by AWS or some other cloud solution. In which case that's indication of a bigger problem but of course this is speculation and less likely a reason to drop a trial.

Cheers

If you Google for "Reason trial", you can see that they removed the trial page from their site indeed:
Reason_trial.png
The framed link leads to this page: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... -to-reason

Not that I care much (or care for Reason much).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:25 am Image
:lol:

Reminds me of our local computer store here... I looked for a mouse pad there, and found the one they had for 4,25 € pretty expensive. The store owner wanted to hackle for 3,75 €... I rather went to another store which had them for 2 € something...

The store has been shut down recently, BTW. Go figure...

melomood wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:25 am Yes,that sounds whiny enough
What do you want me to do? I haven't noticed it at first but now I can see that you seem so desperate to justify their actions (cost of unused downloads..yeah right) while at the same time marginalize every other opinion so badly that I can only laugh.

Imagine I spend whole day correcting title of a thread whenever someone ask me to do so. Sure.

Tell me did I do something wrong to you? Is it a false information? Are you hungry or something? Do you need a hug.

Here it is :hug:

Cheers :party:

No. I just think this thread started out a bit deceptive and now it's just complaining about a whole dollar.

@kmonkey: I do get your point. The thread at first looked a bit scandalous at first, TBH. But, I don't find your subsequent posts much in that direction, so, all good. :)

The general consensus I rarely find in such threads should be, though, that everyone can decided for him-/herself what to do. Noone is forced to anything, so, all the complaining about such things is rather redundant, IMO.

Yep

melomood wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:37 am No. I just think this thread started out a bit deceptive and now it's just complaining about a whole dollar.
Sure. Seems legit. My thread is deceptive. The reason why it started in the first place is not.

I have yet to see anyone complaining about 1$ in this thread. No one is debating that. That was your invention.

M. Night Shyamalan plot twist: I wanted to shake this up so badly because my initial plan is that Reasonstudios contact me and ask me to change the title yet again in exchange for some money and all plugins they ever released. Plus I get to have purple cucumber which is a thing from other alternative ending.

Then I rule the word.

Ok as chk071 said - most of us are adults who should be able to make up their mind. Nothing to see here, no controversy about 1$. In a nutshell: I have a hard time seeing anyone complaining about the 1$ thing that was not about that.

It was about the fact that now to get equivalent of a free trial we used to have up until yesterday - now one need
- credit card,
- 1$ of deposit
- and we need to monitor the expiration date to opt out manually. Because if we don't - it's not 1$ anymore.,

This to me seems a bit of a cheap tactic, a dick move like when in 1990 they used telephone calls in order to hook you up for a subscription on something you never even knew you started because at some point you said "yes" over the line.

Seeing their erratic changes over the course of the last 6 months I wanted to start a debate. You can piss on me. I am fine with that. You can take my character and shit on me all day all fine. I still won't change my opinion. A very shitty move. No soup for you anymore. And a bit desperate when everything is summed.

M. Night Shyamalan plot twist: I wanted to shake this up so badly because my initial plan is that Reasonstudios contact me and ask me to change the title yet again in exchange for some money and all plugins they ever released. Plus I get to have purple cucumber which is a thing from other alternative ending.

Then I rule the word.
Sounds like a plan! 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”