Sonnox released Claro EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Claro

To my surprise, I discovered that the "conflict" analyzer monitors tracks "post-fader" in Reaper.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm To my surprise, I discovered that the "conflict" analyzer monitors tracks "post-fader" in Reaper.
that's impossible, there are no post-fader slots in REAPER. are you sure you're not having it on one of your buses? (or maybe it has some fancy volume leveling)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

nevermind
Last edited by Biome_Digital on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burillo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:46 pm
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm To my surprise, I discovered that the "conflict" analyzer monitors tracks "post-fader" in Reaper.
that's impossible, there are no post-fader slots in REAPER. are you sure you're not having it on one of your buses? (or maybe it has some fancy volume leveling)
I put it on bass and drums (separately) - there's almost no conflicts there; then I push the bass track fader up about 5 dB and half a spectrum lights up.
(Both are Kontakt instruments ,but not bussed).

We don't usually monitor or reply on forums, in fact, this is our first post, but I thought I might be able to help shed some light on this.

Claro's Mix view metering is scaled by your DAW faders to match what you're actually hearing, rather than matching the pre-fader track volume; We can get the DAW's fader position without the plug-in needing to be post-fader.

This means that your DAW faders can be used to reduce the masking that you're seeing and hearing. Masking between a lead vocal track and loads of other mix elements suggests that the vocal is too quiet. In this case, pushing the lead vocal track's fader up might be a more effective first move than boosting its Presence or attenuating the Presence of other tracks. However, if the vocal was already sitting at the volume you wanted but still wasn't intelligible enough, tweaking the balance of Presence across multiple tracks would help.

Unfortunately, not all DAWs support this yet, but Ableton, FL Studio, Reaper, Studio One and Cakewalk do.

SonnoxPlugins wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 pm
We don't usually monitor or reply on forums, in fact, this is our first post, but I thought I might be able to help shed some light on this.

Claro's Mix view metering is scaled by your DAW faders to match what you're actually hearing, rather than matching the pre-fader track volume; We can get the DAW's fader position without the plug-in needing to be post-fader.

This means that your DAW faders can be used to reduce the masking that you're seeing and hearing. Masking between a lead vocal track and loads of other mix elements suggests that the vocal is too quiet. In this case, pushing the lead vocal track's fader up might be a more effective first move than boosting its Presence or attenuating the Presence of other tracks. However, if the vocal was already sitting at the volume you wanted but still wasn't intelligible enough, tweaking the balance of Presence across multiple tracks would help.

Unfortunately, not all DAWs support this yet, but Ableton, FL Studio, Reaper, Studio One and Cakewalk do.
Thanks for confirming this... does Cubase 11 support it?

SonnoxPlugins wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 pm Masking between a lead vocal track and loads of other mix elements suggests that the vocal is too quiet. In this case, pushing the lead vocal track's fader up might be a more effective first move than boosting its Presence or attenuating the Presence of other tracks
I hadn't thought of using it this way and this may have finally just sold me on it. Are there any plans to add a dynamic function to EQ bands?

Claro is 30 bux right now, and yeah it's really great.

Guys, go ahead and grab it...workflow is everything to keep it going!!!!

i am getting it, eq from quite well known company and only 34 😍

impsamri wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:17 pm i am getting it, eq from quite well known company and only 34 😍
On sale again?? Its an impressive eq, it would be a good grab for many.

This is a neat eq, trying to decide if I actually need it. Probably, at least for $30 anyway. :tu:

where you seeing it for $30???
pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm This is a neat eq, trying to decide if I actually need it. Probably, at least for $30 anyway. :tu:

tonymax wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:54 pm where you seeing it for $30???
pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm This is a neat eq, trying to decide if I actually need it. Probably, at least for $30 anyway. :tu:
Well $34 at Plugin Boutique, and I got about $5 bucks of virtual cash there so I can get it for $30.
So that's not a sale price, sorry...

Thanks for the heads up. I demoed Claro awhile back but didnt get the time with I hoped. I dont want to ask them for an extension. What are the main things about Claro that you like and ideally differ from "typical" EQs? Does the masking feature work well. I recall the UI are for masking being a bit small...

Return to “Effects”