All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:35 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:27 pm cant you add them?
or is that only if you go full membership?

ill have a look next time ive got time and "show you mine" :o
never thought of doing it with pedals, as i dont have them on a board, dont need to "fit" them together like modules, where its good to know how much hp you have left, because i cant count that on the actual rig? :shrug:
You can add them, tho I haven't actually done that. I don't have a board either, but it's
a handy way to share your setups I think. Also to find out about weird pedals you never heard of,
much like with modular. :tu:

Interesting stuff like this, that I never heard of b4. I thought it sounded very good with the 0-coast
actually. https://youtu.be/lCgNjHo2q7g
here you go, screenshot is messed up :x
looper stuck behind cockfight :roll:

the doom bloom, is actually a shroom bloom, but that wasnt on there.
nor was my danelectro free speech, or the bugbrand bugcrusher.
and didnt bother with my behringers as theres loads and no space, and neither of my boss volume or expression is on here...

oh, it works here, how odd :shrug:

Alright! Thanks vurt, very cool. Damn I'm going to have a sh*t load of pedals before too long.
Which is good, as it's renewed my interest in the guitar by a lot. I can play surprisingly well
interestingly, though how can you not after messing about with them for almost 40 yrs. :tu:

updated to add the oldblood noise endeavours darkstar :D

pekbro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:09 pm Alright! Thanks vurt, very cool. Damn I'm going to have a sh*t load of pedals before too long.
yeah theres a few i want to add, especially now im reaching what i think is the end of my modular building. dont think there will be any more racks (i say that, but you know...) and will be a while before i get bored enough with anything to feel the need for a change and replace a few, so unless something irresistible comes along, its back to pedals for a bit.

want to get that other 1010 memory man, and a grand canyon from ehx (sure there was a couple more from them too). oh! the sitar!!!

and my mind has gone blank :party:
:drunk: well, stoned, but we dont have an emoticon for that :tantrum: :help:

im sure ill remember them all, one by one, as i try to fall asleep :lol:

I've been kinda curious about the Super Ego and the Super Ego+. I like droney guitar stuff (since I can't really play but love the sound and expressiveness).
All this talk of the Digitech Freq Out has my interest piqued there too. I wonder how it works and how it would respond to being in a feedback loop with something else... hmm.

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 pm I've been kinda curious about the Super Ego and the Super Ego+. I like droney guitar stuff (since I can't really play but love the sound and expressiveness).
All this talk of the Digitech Freq Out has my interest piqued there too. I wonder how it works and how it would respond to being in a feedback loop with something else... hmm.
i think the plus just added reverb n stuff? it did sound nice i remember, but not anything i couldn't do with the original and other fx? suppose it saves on space.
but yeah, it's a nice pedal for droning with 8)
nice to get it going (oh did the other add overdub?) and then play around with knobs later in the chain :)

the game changer plus pedal is nice for drones too, and does look cooler imo :hihi:

Oh yeah, Game Changer have one too. I really want to try a Light Pedal, the next time I'm at Perfect Circuit. I love spring reverbs and I'm really curious about this one.

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 pm Oh yeah, Game Changer have one too. I really want to try a Light Pedal, the next time I'm at Perfect Circuit. I love spring reverbs and I'm really curious about this one.
Ooo, please, be sure and let those of us who can't go down and try stuff, know what you think about the light pedal. :)

Oh and I seem to recall your commenting about the pain of the balanced vs unbalanced connection
thing. I have to say I'm with you on this. Tho it does make for some elaborate routing situations. :lol:

Will do. :tu:

Yeah, you may not always have a problem patching between unbalanced/balanced equipment but I was dealing with noise and hum and gain staging issues frequently enough that it made sense to keep all the I/O in the patchbays balanced and use DIs and line level shifters to convert unbalanced stuff.

I have a few 8-channel Ebtech line level shifters.These are like the work horses. They're passive and they use pretty low-quality transformers, so you aren't going to get like nice core saturation or anything like that but they have plenty of head room and do their job. Any channel can be operate as balanced in to unbalanced out or vice-versa. The line level shifters are also nice for attenuating modular signals.

The Radial EXTCs are great for fuzz pedals and things that expect to be connected to a higher output impedance. They can also be used for re-amping. They have a trim control for the send and a ton of clean gain for the return. The wet/dry control is nice and the standalone version has a second FX loop.

When I want some fancy tube or transformer saturation, I like to have a few different options. I have my Prophet 6 permanently connected through a Phoenix Audio Nice DI. Or like, the Pro 3 sounds fine through the Ebtech level shifters but running it through the DI on my Neve pres or through the Culture Vulture brings out a lot more detail and has a completely different character. I tend to choose which way to go based on whether I want something to really standout in a mix or fall back a bit. I've started running my Vermona DRM1 through my groove tubes The Brick DI, which is also great for bass guitar. I've been running my Serge through the UA 2-610. The 2-610 has a lot of clean gain when using the line and DI inputs, so it can drive compressors really hard without getting very noisy at all.

Don't get me wrong; there are times when I want noise because it's part of the character but I like to be able to decide if that is what I want. :lol:

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 pm Oh yeah, Game Changer have one too. I really want to try a Light Pedal, the next time I'm at Perfect Circuit. I love spring reverbs and I'm really curious about this one.
Do you live in California? I can send you a spring reverb to check out.

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 pm All this talk of the Digitech Freq Out has my interest piqued there too. I wonder how it works and how it would respond to being in a feedback loop with something else... hmm.
It works really well here. I'm not sure what you mean about feedback loop - but it really wants to be the first pedal your guitar sees...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:39 am
justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 pm All this talk of the Digitech Freq Out has my interest piqued there too. I wonder how it works and how it would respond to being in a feedback loop with something else... hmm.
It works really well here. I'm not sure what you mean about feedback loop - but it really wants to be the first pedal your guitar sees...
That just makes me want to abuse it more! When I say feedback loop, I mean routing it's output back to it's own input, through an attenuator. Doing this can change a pedals character, cause it to self oscillate or sometimes it can make the pedal go quiet. The results are often unpredictable but it can be a great way to get interesting sounds.

justin3am wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:12 pm
jbraner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:39 am
That just makes me want to abuse it more! When I say feedback loop, I mean routing it's output back to it's own input, through an attenuator. Doing this can change a pedals character, cause it to self oscillate or sometimes it can make the pedal go quiet. The results are often unpredictable but it can be a great way to get interesting sounds.
Oh, that sounds interesting - feedback the feedback! ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I've got a Big Muff.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Guitars”