rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:35 pm
attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:08 pm I don't fully agree with their explanation. When programming something like drawing waveforms, you can add a delay before the wave is recalculated if that's a heavy operation, or wait until the user lets go of the mouse button to do it. Alternatively the drawing UI and recalculation could be done on different threads.
Why don't you pass that information along to Rob and Jon ?

I'll point out again that commenting about Rob Papen synths here will do you no good. Apparently they don't monitor these threads so if you've got a complaint or suggestion then contact support or comment on FB or YouTube.
I was talking about it with you, I actually don't tell programmers how to fix things to that extent because I do assume they already know of these techniques but decided not to use them (which I disagree with)

attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:23 pm Hive uses mipmapping too, how do you feel about its sound?
I had hive one. I heard too, and sold it.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:34 pm This is the latest streaming if someone has missed it :)
I think he mentioned your VST 3 GUI issue starting at the 30:45 mark but blamed the DAW since it doesn't happen there in Cubase. You need to make it clear to him that you are using 4K with scaling.

I think he said in one video he's using a wide screen at 1440 so unless they can duplicate the same resolution and scaling you're using they may not be able to duplicate the results you're getting.
Yes, I wrote that I use Windows scaled 150% in the chat and I already sent in the past screenshot to Jon.

Anyway, I'm using mostly VST2 and that doesn't have any problem.

attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 pm I was talking about it with you, I actually don't tell programmers how to fix things to that extent because I do assume they already know of these techniques but decided not to use them (which I disagree with)
Telling me won't do any good. I don't write the code for Rob Papen. If you feel that you know how to program their synths better than they do then please do us all a favor and enlighten them for the good of all.

Other than that you're just blowing hot air here. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 pm
attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:23 pm Hive uses mipmapping too, how do you feel about its sound?
So you can hear mipmapping ?

"MIP mapping (mipmapping) is an anti-aliasing method used in many 3-D rendering applications. It is usually used in game visualization and 3-D image rendering".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

you can hear it when you put it next to a highly oversampled instrument. i usually hear it right off the top. of course, when you are programming 60 instances of super saws you can't hear shit anymore, nor do you care. nor can you hear it from a down sampled and compressed mp3. the player hears it tho.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:26 pm
attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 pm I was talking about it with you, I actually don't tell programmers how to fix things to that extent because I do assume they already know of these techniques but decided not to use them (which I disagree with)
Telling me won't do any good. I don't write the code for Rob Papen. If you feel that you know how to program their synths better than they do then please do us all a favor and enlighten them for the good of all.

Other than that you're just blowing hot air here. :shrug:
I just said the opposite of that. I wouldn't tell them anything new, they went with a different design decision, that's kind of the end of it.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:32 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 pm
So you can hear mipmapping ?

"MIP mapping (mipmapping) is an anti-aliasing method used in many 3-D rendering applications. It is usually used in game visualization and 3-D image rendering".
See here, under "What about the oscillators": viewtopic.php?t=427890

Big lol @ hearing mipmapping though. Unless you had bats in your line of ancestry, that's absolutely impossible. But then, Dasheesh also can spot Spire in any of nowadays' EDM productions, even if it wasn't even used in the tracks.

sounds like basic spire to me, and i loved this track... even tho i sold spire (the oscillators were dirty). https://youtu.be/HwctEiWLe84

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:23 am Big lol @ hearing mipmapping though. Unless you had bats in your line of ancestry, that's absolutely impossible. But then, Dasheesh also can spot Spire in any of nowadays' EDM productions, even if it wasn't even used in the tracks.
It's just the normal signal to noise ratio at KVR. Seems like as time goes on there is more noise and less signal..... :shrug:

I never bought sylenth for a reason.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 am I never bought sylenth for a reason.
I think there are many, many plugins which do it like that though.

i dont keep them, usually, I'm thinking I'm keeping blade tho. It has an 80's vibe I miss. would love to have an upsampled version tho.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:43 am i dont keep them, usually, I'm thinking I'm keeping blade tho. It has an 80's vibe I miss. would love to have an upsampled version tho.
You could try this: https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

Has up to 16x real time OS.

i like ddmf, and would buy it, but does it make the output of a mip mapped, or lower sampled instrument, into an oversampled sample, or does it convert mipmapping into oversamped output? not sure how it would do that?

Return to “Instruments”