Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody got this working on a Mac M1 yet? A really old version worked fine through Rosetta translation but the latest version 1.1.9 just hangs when you press single or multi button on the juce screen. Tried 3 different hosts and all crash.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

If I was CEO of Access, I'd be running kicking my own butt to get a Virus C in native form from the original source out to the market, before this thing lands native UIs and the CPUs catch up (not to mention the fact that this emulator will probably see further optimizations down the road).

Virus is hardly an important item on the general market, long time since it's been a status symbol, but a native soft plugin would breathe life into it, bring more people in, and the convinience and CPU friendliness of a native solution would outcompete the free emulator easily -- before the free emulator is convinient and CPU friendly.

Now that even the dumbest hardware fetishist is plainly aware the thing is a softsynth in a box written for a special purpose CPU, I see no reason not to expliot what's left of it's clout.

gearwatcher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:38 am If I was CEO of Access, I'd be running kicking my own butt to get a Virus C in native form from the original source out to the market, before this thing lands native UIs and the CPUs catch up (not to mention the fact that this emulator will probably see further optimizations down the road).
If I was a CEO at Access, I would barely yawn about this. Frankly, this is more for hax0rs than for the common user. Not only, so far, you have to use a GUI less version of the one synth it can run, but, you also have to download ROM archives from obscure websites, in a way which can only be described as legal grey area.

No, as an Access CEO (I doubt they have those, at least not denoted as that position, after all, we're talking about a company with merely a handful of employees), I'd not be concerned at all. Especially when I know that the Virus already has been on the storage siding for, like, 10 years.

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:25 am
gearwatcher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:38 am If I was CEO of Access, I'd be running kicking my own butt to get a Virus C in native form from the original source out to the market, before this thing lands native UIs and the CPUs catch up (not to mention the fact that this emulator will probably see further optimizations down the road).
If I was a CEO at Access, I would barely yawn about this. Frankly, this is more for hax0rs than for the common user. Not only, so far, you have to use a GUI less version of the one synth it can run, but, you also have to download ROM archives from obscure websites, in a way which can only be described as legal grey area.

No, as an Access CEO (I doubt they have those, at least not denoted as that position, after all, we're talking about a company with merely a handful of employees), I'd not be concerned at all. Especially when I know that the Virus already has been on the storage siding for, like, 10 years.
I’m going to go ahead and say its not a legal grey area, it’s illegal unless they’ve opened it up…they being Access.

I dont think this project is moving forward. Development has ceased, check their discord. It seems most of the people working on it stopped due to personal issues.

Where does it say development has ceased? That discord is pretty active. I see that its been on hold for a bit but the last release was like 3-4 months ago.

There's a beta that's not been released publicly yet. Work is still going on as far as I can see.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Ok, let me revise my wording. Its at a stand still at the moment. I hope it continues, its an insane idea. I was actually really looking forward to this.

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:25 am If I was a CEO at Access, I would barely yawn about this. Frankly, this is more for hax0rs than for the common user. Not only, so far, you have to use a GUI less version of the one synth it can run, but, you also have to download ROM archives from obscure websites, in a way which can only be described as legal grey area.
I like how you decided to cut my post just before I said it's inevitable that a VST with a GUI will surface, and chasing ROMs isn't really hard. People do much "darker" things legally - like outright piracy.
chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:25 am No, as an Access CEO (I doubt they have those, at least not denoted as that position, after all, we're talking about a company with merely a handful of employees), I'd not be concerned at all. Especially when I know that the Virus already has been on the storage siding for, like, 10 years.
These also have a general manager, and it's become customary to refer to these as CEOs even in LLCs for decades. Do you even participate in the economy?

Anyway, I also asserted that their hardware products aren't moving any figures, going software with almost zero R&D could potentially breathe some life (and cash) into it.

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:25 am

you also have to download ROM archives from obscure websites, in a way which can only be described as legal grey area.

There is nothing obscure about the website , it's just an ROM archive for dsp based synths .
When I think obscure websites , I think about pop ups and
"congratulations you won a free iphone" banners etc..
That site is as clean as a whistle.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm There is nothing obscure about the website , it's just an ROM archive for dsp based synths .
And you think that is legal?

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:39 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm There is nothing obscure about the website , it's just an ROM archive for dsp based synths .
And you think that is legal?
yea bruh....its fine.

I take your word for it, hehe. :)

Beta v1.2 is cool but why this heavy cpu problem when you play more voices?

Is this finally working as VST please? at least VST without GUI, or if not do you think it will ever be VST plug-in?

I Have Virus in Powercore, it is beast!!! but looking forward to other emulations too thx

Return to “Instruments”