One Synth Challenge #153: K1v by Nils Schneider (Vovaman wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kylebenjamin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:18 pm Anyone else having issues with the resize tab not working on this synth? I'm using the VST3 version in Reaper on a Mac.
If you have the possibility, use VST 2. VST 3 has at least problems with saving presets, plus what is bothering you, and it is not known whether its problems end there.

IV! wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:59 pm
kylebenjamin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:18 pm Anyone else having issues with the resize tab not working on this synth? I'm using the VST3 version in Reaper on a Mac.
If you have the possibility, use VST 2. VST 3 has at least problems with saving presets, plus what is bothering you, and it is not known whether its problems end there.
Good to know. Thanks, brother!

hey guys new comer here. my name is umberto and i'm from chicago. was recently told about this challenge by a new friend named Kyle Benjamin. hopefully i followed the rules correctly but here is my track...

https://soundcloud.com/umbertron/osc153-submission-k1v

I tried to keep it as simple as possible and only used 1 patch from the K1V vst.

started with some original chords and dismantled them into some sort of custom arp.

i used:
ableton 11
133bpm
K1v - ID-3 Vybes
ableton fx:
Dripping Grains
A bit typsy
A Standard multiband comp
Limiter - Slow

that's it!

umbertron wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:31 am hey guys new comer here. my name is umberto and i'm from chicago. was recently told about this challenge by a new friend named Kyle Benjamin. hopefully i followed the rules correctly but here is my track...
First of all, welcome to OSC! :party: Kyle Benjamin gets +5% to his points for bringing a friend! :lol:
You caught an interesting idea and implemented it perfectly, besides with a beautiful melody! I especially like the middle, where everything goes back to the base, but only half. But when the first feelings for your track pass, think about developing this idea further, if time allows you. For example, add wide string pads, a deep bass line, atmospheric perсussiоn, a solo part on the transition...
:hihi:
In fact, add what you want, or leave it like that, in any case, it's already beautiful! I'm just saying that I feel there is a rich potential for development in this idea, and there is still more than half a month ahead! :wink:

AudioBabble wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:28 pm
Eauson wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:19 pm Thought I’d get it over & done with
Not sure I’m gonna hav much time & it’s always better in the raw :D

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/el-e-mental

15-20 instances
Reaper
I used fx ;)
Good stuff, love it :)
Many thanks,
Although, with more listens it gets worse :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

here's my entry.

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/hopeless-shadows

DAW = Reaper 6.41

Instruments

16 instances of K1v

Effects

2 x OrilRiver
6 x Fracture
6 x OTT
1 x ReaComp
1 x ReaEQ
1 x ReaLimit
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

IV! wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:10 pm
umbertron wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:31 am hey guys new comer here. my name is umberto and i'm from chicago. was recently told about this challenge by a new friend named Kyle Benjamin. hopefully i followed the rules correctly but here is my track...
First of all, welcome to OSC! :party: Kyle Benjamin gets +5% to his points for bringing a friend! :lol:
You caught an interesting idea and implemented it perfectly, besides with a beautiful melody! I especially like the middle, where everything goes back to the base, but only half. But when the first feelings for your track pass, think about developing this idea further, if time allows you. For example, add wide string pads, a deep bass line, atmospheric perсussiоn, a solo part on the transition...
:hihi:
In fact, add what you want, or leave it like that, in any case, it's already beautiful! I'm just saying that I feel there is a rich potential for development in this idea, and there is still more than half a month ahead! :wink:
Oh keep it. For two reasons: Its a one instance piece we love that…
And you take advantage of the special rules of this month by doing the sound design in your fx.

If you would enhance it with more tracks and classic production tricks it would loose its uniqueness and core idea… Great piece, love it… Some things shine in their simplicity more than if you’d start to polish…

My entry
https://soundcloud.com/liqih/transphoria

I stayed true to the lo-fi sampler sound of this synth, no resonant filter effects used, neither chorus or similar.
Vocal effects made using K1 koto sample and pitchBend.

11 x K1v in
Abelton Live and its usual delay reverb compressor EQs
Last edited by liqih on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's a thing. Enjoy.
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... fb22612e48

My entry into the KVR OSC #153

One instance of K1v in VCV Rack.

I did many things to one instance of the synth. The drums were made with using envelope generators and filters on the verb output.
The last minute is just the delay tail. It's a mad little mess.

Loudmax on the output.

Hi all,

Here's my submission for this month

https://soundcloud.com/milksterx/8-byte-magic

I decided to learn Bitwig this month, so this was made in Bitwig 16 track using lots of :party: FX.

DAW: Bitwig 16 Track
31 instances of K1V

Native FX - EQ5, Multiband, Tool, Blur, Bit-8, Compressor, Reverb, Peak Limiter,

3rd party FX - Chow Centaur, Convology XT, Ruina, Supercharger, STFU, Wider, Rift-Filter-Lite, Supermassive, mda-leslie, A1-Triggergate, Fuzz Plus 3, Dr Phase, Tal Chorus LX, Tone Deluxe V2, TDR Kotelnikov, Loudmax 64, Limiter No6.

Annoyingly some of the pressure -> vibrato used for the slower guitar bends goes up instead of down on different playthroughs, it isn't always the same each time so i might try and export it again.

*quote mistake*

MilksterX wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:54 am Hi all,

Here's my submission for this month

https://soundcloud.com/milksterx/8-byte-magic

I decided to learn Bitwig this month, so this was made in Bitwig 16 track using lots of :party: FX.

DAW: Bitwig 16 Track
31 instances of K1V

Native FX - EQ5, Multiband, Tool, Blur, Bit-8, Compressor, Reverb, Peak Limiter,

3rd party FX - Chow Centaur, Convology XT, Ruina, Supercharger, STFU, Wider, Rift-Filter-Lite, Supermassive, mda-leslie, A1-Triggergate, Fuzz Plus 3, Dr Phase, Tal Chorus LX, Tone Deluxe V2, TDR Kotelnikov, Loudmax 64, Limiter No6.

Annoyingly some of the pressure -> vibrato used for the slower guitar bends goes up instead of down on different playthroughs, it isn't always the same each time so i might try and export it again.
How did u use 31 instances when there's a 16 track limitation? Just curious...
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

+ Submission +

https://soundcloud.com/chavapoulos/savanna-nights

I'm coming back from the darker side of my last two tracks with Savanna Nights:

K1v x 30

DAW: Ableton 10

Ableton Effects:
Convolution Reverb x 5; Glue Compressor x 11; Vocoder x 4; Saturator x 3; Phaser x 2; Erosion x 1; Auto Filter x 4; EQ8 x 11; Reverb x 11; Utility x 3; Corpus x 1; Limiter x 2; Chorus x 2; Grain Delay x 2; Echo x 1; Frequency Shifter x 1; Autopan x 1; Amp x 1; Spacious Wah x 1; Overdrive x1; and Filter Delay x 1.

Third Party Plugins/Effects: Max for live Envelope Follower and LFO, and Youlean Loudness Meter Free version.
Last edited by MalToné on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

3lu5iv3 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:54 am How did u use 31 instances when there's a 16 track limitation? Just curious...
I had a couple Drum machine devices one for snares and Tom's and another for hats crashes and riser sounds and instrument rack device with instances grouped.

Thinking about it now I could have had all drum machine sounds inc kick on one drum machine and freed up more tracks. The way the routing and mixer works is the same as Ableton each pad can have it's own chain of FX.

One instrument had 6 instances and LFOs assigned to the on/off to give a thicker and tighter sound. Another had the bass line and the sub bass channel playing off the same midi clips. In theory if all patches shared a midi clip you could automate the on /off for each instance and have them all on the same track :)

The big bummer with 16 track is the limited number of devices / only 2 aux sends and unable to use some functions. waiting patiently for BF sale :hyper:

MilksterX wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:07 pm
3lu5iv3 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:54 am How did u use 31 instances when there's a 16 track limitation? Just curious...
I had a couple Drum machine devices one for snares and Tom's and another for hats crashes and riser sounds and instrument rack device with instances grouped.

Thinking about it now I could have had all drum machine sounds inc kick on one drum machine and freed up more tracks. The way the routing and mixer works is the same as Ableton each pad can have it's own chain of FX.

One instrument had 6 instances and LFOs assigned to the on/off to give a thicker and tighter sound. Another had the bass line and the sub bass channel playing off the same midi clips. In theory if all patches shared a midi clip you could automate the on /off for each instance and have them all on the same track :)

The big bummer with 16 track is the limited number of devices / only 2 aux sends and unable to use some functions. waiting patiently for BF sale :hyper:
Ah i see. Bitwig is an interesting DAW.
SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”