Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have updated DUNE 3 to version 3.5. This update adds a new patch browser,
drag&drop modulation, and a number of detail improvements:

VST3 version for Apple M1 machines added.
Improved look and feel of the MSEGs.
Maximum polyphony increased from 16 to 24.
Genetics function to create new patches from existing ones.
Support for polyphonic aftertouch via the mod matrix.
New compressor mode, "Punch".
New patches added to the factory library.
Better memory usage. Each new plug-in instance consumes
significantly less memory than v3.4.
The upgrade is free for registered DUNE 3 customers, and can be downloaded
from the Support page. DUNE 2 customers may still upgrade from the Shop page.
https://www.synapse-audio.com/news-dune35update.html

Fantastic update, thanks

black friday half-price sale please :)

The preset browser looks very good, great work! Unfortunately, my own presets disappeared after the update! I can only see the Dune 2 and 3 factory banks.

Windows 10 / BWS 4.0.7

my presets are still there... but it appears there are two "User"-folders now.

gondii wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:51 pm my presets are still there... but it appears there are two "User"-folders now.
Thanks. Under C:\Users\username..\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Soundbanks I can only see one folder called User and it is empty. Could you point me to the second one please?

enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:27 pmThe preset browser looks very good, great work! Unfortunately, my own presets disappeared after the update! I can only see the Dune 2 and 3 factory banks.
Under what location did/do you have your presets stored?

Great work!

intro wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:55 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:27 pmThe preset browser looks very good, great work! Unfortunately, my own presets disappeared after the update! I can only see the Dune 2 and 3 factory banks.
Under what location did/do you have your presets stored?
I´ve searched and found them on my external drive, thanks for the hint :hug:
But strange that they are not showing up anymore in the updated preset browser.

Maybe you have had a resources folder pointed to the external drive before, and the installer when used the default location just changed the reading location (Soundbanks, Wavetables etc.). Just copy all the presets to the "User" folder or other own folder in the "Soudnbanks" and it should be visible in the Browser :-)
Last edited by intro on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm, seems the "new" one in green doesn't actually have a physical location... so I guess the presets are where they've always been. The folder is called USER in all caps. (Documents/Synampse Audio/Dune 3/Soundbanks.

https://imgur.com/a/wgQI8gl

Ah, ok, probably you have "USER" folder on the disk. Close DUNE 3, rename "USER" to "User" and all should be fine here with no double USER folder.

intro wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:07 pm Ah, ok, probably you have "USER" folder on the disk. Close DUNE 3, rename "USER" to "User" and all should be fine here with no double USER folder.
totally worked, thanks !

If you drag the folder with your presets into the Soundbanks folder, they should show up.

No need to put inside user folder...afaik

Patch browser is very welcome - what would be really cool next is NKS export

Return to “Instruments”