Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 am Where do you create this new folder and what do you call it?

I think it would be better to just be able to set default preset author for new patches either as a global setting or add that info in each patch (as in u-he synths)
Yes, this is a very strange way to do it.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am
carrieres wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:02 am The browser is very nice, great job!! However, the user guide doesn't say how to add AUTHOR when saving presets, any idea?
Create a new folder and drop a config.ini file inside:

; Soundbank configuration file for Synapse Patches Browser

AuthorCode = CC
AuthorName = Christophe Carrieres

; The defined categories will be added to the category list
; Please use common names, such as Bass, Sequences etc.

AddCategories = Drones,Analog
Is there a template file available for a complete noob like me?? :D
I think that is a template file? :)

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 am Where do you create this new folder and what do you call it?

I think it would be better to just be able to set default preset author for new patches either as a global setting or add that info in each patch (as in u-he synths)
You create the config file in your User bank folder.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:02 am The browser is very nice, great job!! However, the user guide doesn't say how to add AUTHOR when saving presets, any idea?

AuthorCode = CC

Thanks again! I have worked out how to do it now, and it works! A bit convoluted for such a simple task, though. You also can not update existing sound banks that don't have a name prefix/suffix (e.g Big Pad NL), without changing the preset names to add the prefix/suffix. Is there a solution to this??

Awesome stuff! :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Here's what I have done: Find a "Configuration.ini" (search your system for a Dune file).

COPY IT SOMEWHERE (don't overwrite it)

Rename it to: Config

Delete the text in the file and replace it with

Code: Select all

AuthorCode = NL
AuthorName = New Loops
Use your own details obviously. Save the file in your sound bank folder.

To connect the patch to the author, the last 2-4 characters on the end of the patch name are used. DUNE 3 contains a built in list of authors whose patches are delivered with the factory libraries (such as KS, RH etc. - please refer to the "Appendix. Sound Design Reference" chapter in DUNE 3's Manual).

For example:

"Avalon RH" - the code is "RH", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Richard Hoffmann" in the browser's list
"Adrenaline KS" - the code is "KS", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Kevin Schroeder" in the browser's list
etc.

To add a new author's code and name to the list, put a file "config.ini" inside the Soundbank's folder (or simply to the User folder). Here is the template attached with some comments inside:
config.zip
The config.ini allows to add custom categories as well. DUNE 3's import feature respects the config.ini and copies it to the newly imported Soundbank, so please include the config.ini file with any soundbank you share to preserve your author name and your categories for the Soundbank.

Note 1: The author is displayed on the list when at least 1 patch contains the author's code.

Note 2: The config.ini placed in the "User" folder is copied to any new Soundbank's folder created by the browser (when using the "Create new Soundbank..." feature below the Soundbanks list).

Note 3: When editing config.ini while DUNE 3 is open, remember to use the "Reload Soundbanks" option from the MENU to refresh the browser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by intro on Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 am

AuthorCode = CC

Thanks again! I have worked out how to do it now, and it works! A bit convoluted for such a simple task, though. You also can not update existing sound banks that don't have a name prefix/suffix (e.g Big Pad NL), without changing the preset names to add the prefix/suffix. Is there a solution to this??
you can do it from the new browser with right click or use a tool like Ant Renamer (Win10)

carrieres wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:13 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 am

AuthorCode = CC

you can do it from the new browser with right click or use a tool like Ant Renamer (Win10)
It's easy to rename patches. But renamed patches can cause problems for people if they use a previous patch in a project, then overwrite it with an updated version (new name). This is a can of worms.

intro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 am To connect the patch to the author, the last 2-4 characters on the end of the patch name are used. DUNE 3 contains a built in list of authors whose patches are delivered with the factory libraries (such as KS, RH etc. - please refer to the "Appendix. Sound Design Reference" chapter in DUNE 3's Manual).

For example:

"Avalon RH" - the code is "RH", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Richard Hoffmann" in the browser's list
"Adrenaline KS" - the code is "KS", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Kevin Schroeder" in the browser's list
etc.

To add a new author's code and name to the list, put a file "config.ini" inside the Soundbank's folder (or simply to the User folder). Here is the template attached with some comments inside:

config.zip

The config.ini allows also to add custom categories to the Categories list. DUNE 3's import feature respects the config.ini and copies it to the new imported Soundbank's folder, so please attach the config.ini file with any Soundbank you will share to preserve own author and categories for the Soundbank.

Note 1: The author is displayed on the list when at least 1 patch contains the author's code.

Note 2: The config.ini placed in the "User" folder is copied to any new Soundbank's folder created by the browser (when using the "Create new Soundbank..." feature below the Soundbanks list).

Note 3: When editing config.ini while DUNE 3 is open, remember to use the "Reload Soundbanks" option from the MENU to refresh the browser.
Some good tips, thanks.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 amIt's easy to rename patches. But renamed patches can cause problems for people if they use a previous patch in a project, then overwrite it with an updated version (new name). This is a can of worms.
no, the preset is saved inside the project file, you don't need the preset file anymore.

carrieres wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 amIt's easy to rename patches. But renamed patches can cause problems for people if they use a previous patch in a project, then overwrite it with an updated version (new name). This is a can of worms.
no, the preset is saved inside the project file, you don't need the preset file anymore.
So you are saying that if someone uses a dune 3 preset in a project in Reaper, Live, Cubase, DAW X, etc… then overwrites the preset with an updated dune 3 preset with a slightly different name, dune will load the original preset "as it was"? Even though the original preset had gone?

If so, that would be fine, then! :D

Hey guys, thanks for all the help with this. I've just updated New Loops - Atmospheric Textures (Dune 3 Edition) to make use of the new preset browser. https://newloops.com/products/atmospheric-textures

The free demo presets are also updated. :D

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:25 pm
carrieres wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am
So you are saying that if someone uses a dune 3 preset in a project in Reaper, Live, Cubase, DAW X, etc… then overwrites the preset with an updated dune 3 preset with a slightly different name, dune will load the original preset "as it was"? Even though the original preset had gone?

If so, that would be fine, then! :D
The host should save current state... some hosts may have a setting for this

I am just getting a little deeper into Dune and trying what should be a simple mod - I have attached the filter env to the FX1 Distortion amount, set the value to 100% (tried -ve values as well) - but it doesn't seem to have any effect i.e. the Distortion always stays at the level set in the FX rack - I assume I am doing something wrong, but not sure at all.

Any ideas anyone?

Return to “Instruments”