Arturia Black Friday 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:09 am
mykvr wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:01 am OT. What type of product verification does Arturia use? Serial #, dongle, internet, etc...? Thanks in advance.
https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/asc
ASC is really nice. It pops up and tells you when there are new updates and installs them for you. This is the way to make software authorization a net positive for paying customers.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'm thinking that instead of the Arturia FX bundle for 99euro i could get Audiothing Outer Space and Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven standard for total £110.
Your thoughts? Am i being mad? I read that Audiothing Outer Space is better than Arturia.

jamcat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:45 pm ASC is really nice. It pops up and tells you when there are new updates and installs them for you. This is the way to make software authorization a net positive for paying customers.
It even updates the demos I've got, as well as my V collection. Pretty slick.

Can somebody who has the FX collection (or part of) answer this question please:

When it says "you'll actually use" what does that actually mean? I mean WHY or HOW do you actually use the things?

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am Can somebody who has the FX collection (or part of) answer this question please:

When it says "you'll actually use" what does that actually mean? I mean WHY or HOW do you actually use the things?
OK, I'll bite...

It's just marketing. The idea is that the effects are so good that "you'll actually use" them.

The collection is comprised of compressors, delays, reverbs, filters, and preamps that work like effects are expected to work. You put them on clips/tracks/busses, select presets, tweak parameters, etc. to shape the sound.

telecharge wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 am
Spring Goose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am Can somebody who has the FX collection (or part of) answer this question please:

OK, I'll bite...

It's just marketing. The idea is that the effects are so good that "you'll actually use" them.

The collection is comprised of compressors, delays, reverbs, filters, and preamps that work like effects are expected to work. You put them on clips/tracks/busses, select presets, tweak parameters, etc. to shape the sound.
Thanks mate.

You see i have compressors which i don't use (komplete ultimate), cos i'm finding Koletnikov easier atm (i admit i'm a novice at such things). You see Arturia's marketing is so effective that it nearly had me thinking that these are "magic" plugins. I'm ok with delay and reverbs, but i admit i struggle a bit with compressors. So i understand that Arturia's FX collection might not actually help me. I like filters but i already have Softube's Mutronic Mutator i think it's called. I probably could use other filters. I'm stumped what i'd use a pre-amp plug for.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 amI'm stumped what i'd use a pre-amp plug for.
A preamp plugin could bring a good bit of real "magic" to your mix.

What you'd use it for is to make your audio tracks sound like they passed through a (hopefully) high-quality preamp on their way to your recorder.

Boosted up a bit it can give some dynamic distortion. Imagine a vocal part where the louder you wail, the more crunchy it gets. A preamp plugin can also make your audio sound more dynamic, more present, and more upfront.

The real magic happens when you put one on every audio channel. The entire mix sounds like it has more depth, focus, and clarity. It sounds like you recorded on more expensive equipment in a proper studio.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:10 am
Spring Goose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 amI'm stumped what i'd use a pre-amp plug for.
A preamp plugin could bring a good bit of real "magic" to your mix.

What you'd use it for is to make your audio tracks sound like they passed through a (hopefully) high-quality preamp on their way to your recorder.

Boosted up a bit it can give some dynamic distortion. Imagine a vocal part where the louder you wail, the more crunchy it gets. A preamp plugin can also make your audio sound more dynamic, more present, and more upfront.

The real magic happens when you put one on every audio channel. The entire mix sounds like it has more depth, focus, and clarity. It sounds like you recorded on more expensive equipment in a proper studio.
Thanks for the explanation. :) I did think last night "100 for 3 filters and 1 reverb (Intensity) is still a good deal, and then get compressors and stuff free".

I thought I'd pull this up as I just got an email from Arturia with their Black Friday deal which started early. I know the upgrade cost has been a little controversial lately, with the upgrade paths not being priced as well as they used to in the past. I was pleased to see I could upgrade from v6 to v8 for just $99, which for 8 to 10 new instruments, not sure exactly how many, that seemed like a good enough deal to me.

For those like me, waiting for enough new instruments to be in the latest set to make it worth the upgrade cost, this might be the deal you were hoping for.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:32 pm I thought I'd pull this up as I just got an email from Arturia with their Black Friday deal which started early. I know the upgrade cost has been a little controversial lately, with the upgrade paths not being priced as well as they used to in the past. I was pleased to see I could upgrade from v6 to v8 for just $99, which for 8 to 10 new instruments, not sure exactly how many, that seemed like a good enough deal to me.

For those like me, waiting for enough new instruments to be in the latest set to make it worth the upgrade cost, this might be the deal you were hoping for.
i didn't get an email but logged in. FX collection is $99 for me and to go from V6 to V8 of V Collection is $199. so that's a no for me.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:50 pm I'm thinking that instead of the Arturia FX bundle for 99euro i could get Audiothing Outer Space and Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven standard for total £110.
Your thoughts? Am i being mad? I read that Audiothing Outer Space is better than Arturia.
I can only comment on Outer Space, which is really nice and offers lot´s of tweak options and does a great job on the "Space Echoe" Delay part. Where it falls short in my opinion is the spring reverb part, it just doesn´t sound convincing or "good" to me. I never used the Arturia Space Echoe, just heard that the IK Multimedia one is really good, so maybe try to get that one instead.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

FX Collection V2 was 69USD for me and I have never bought any FX (had a freebee I think)
I do have V Collection 8 if that makes a difference!
PS- I bought it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I only own Analog Lab V, and my BF prices are showing as $199 V Collection, $99 FX Collection, $69 Pigments. I am wondering if Arturia does any tiered crossgrade pricing, meaning if I wanted to purchase all three, would I get a better deal if I bought them individually in a specific order?

nvm
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FX Collection for 69.99 Euros. What a steal. Thanks Arturia. :tu:
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”