obtuse angels and inverse demons [electronic] UPDATE: now -14 LUFS :D

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello all,
i changed the final loudness to -14Lufs (before it was -18,5). i don't know if it changes anything.
now it is louder... track started out as a copy of a LORN track and mutated to a "Hans Zimmer on acid" (thanks for the comment htcnext :) )
for me this is the final version.

:P

- more infos later
- technical advices are always welcome -
- have a nice day -

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... rse-demons
Last edited by tomtom1 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

hey! been a while
i recognise that title! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:52 pm hey! been a while
ha hey!
yes it's been a while. first work, then i was ill, then my daughter, and then there was the Nintendo Switch :D ... and somehow i lost suddenly any interests in music (besides my music which i have to do for my work and earnings). i still feel somehow that way... i have some sketches but nothing finished.
but i watched from the distances... this brings me to the title :wink:

yeah someone mentioned it, somewhere in a forum :D and i really liked it. i hope you are not "angry" about it. it's not my best work, but i hope not the worst either.
myself in 2022

Welcome back. Nice and dark. I like it.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:59 pm Welcome back.
ha thanks. but i am not sure if i am really back, or will be back. i lost somehow a lot of interest to make (pop) music in my freetime. we will see.
eassae wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:59 pm Nice and dark.
Thanks for listening. I think it is a bit too dark, and the mix sounds like a big thick, black wall in front of the speakers (or at least that are my fears - on my system it is pretty acceptable) but it is not a happy track so maybe it fits the mood.
myself in 2022

tomtom1,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: it sounds good. I can picture this as background music for a TV show, a movie, or a video. Mathmatically speaking, is the inverse of a demon a good angel? And an obtuse angel is more than 90 degrees, but less than 180 degrees, but never gives you the third degree?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

tomtom1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:30 pm i lost somehow a lot of interest to make (pop) music in my freetime. we will see.
Well, Time to compose a symphony then:)
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:30 pm i lost somehow a lot of interest to make (pop) music in my freetime. we will see.
Well, Time to compose a symphony then:)
tbh... would be way to much work :D
myself in 2022

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:42 am tomtom1,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: it sounds good. I can picture this as background music for a TV show, a movie, or a video. Mathmatically speaking, is the inverse of a demon a good angel? And an obtuse angel is more than 90 degrees, but less than 180 degrees, but never gives you the third degree?
tbh i don't know what an obtuse angel is... or what an inverse demon...
we have to ask VURT. it is his idea. he mentioned the title as an idea for an KVR-contest, but i think the others didn't want it. i really liked the title - so i used it.

Vurt if you are reading this: what did you think by inventing the title?? would be a great album title. :D ... maybe some weed was involved :P
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:38 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:52 pm hey! been a while
ha hey!
yes it's been a while. first work, then i was ill, then my daughter, and then there was the Nintendo Switch :D ... and somehow i lost suddenly any interests in music (besides my music which i have to do for my work and earnings). i still feel somehow that way... i have some sketches but nothing finished.
but i watched from the distances... this brings me to the title :wink:
glad to hear youre all better whatever it was!!
daughter? how old if you dont mind? ballpark figure will do, no need to reveal anything you dont wish, i just know how distracting both sons and daughters can be. i dont have any daughters, but my granddaughter distracts my son so much he never calls any more :o :lol: thats toddlers for you, dont half keep you busy and tired :lol:
ah a gamer! my mate got a switch, rarely speak to him now :hihi: they do seem quite addictive.

i guess, doing music as work, can take the joy out of it for fun, and so long as youre doing other things, then its all good, life is about having fun, relaxing and time with family and friends.
would be different if you were sat around not making music but not doing anything, then id be worried, but life has a lot of different things to offer :D so enjoy them :D
yeah someone mentioned it, somewhere in a forum :D and i really liked it. i hope you are not "angry" about it. it's not my best work, but i hope not the worst either.
ha, course im not angry!
if anything, given the fact youve not been interested in making music, then im happy if a title helped inspire a little something :D

and i see you wonder where it came from?

yes, there was probably weed involved, i was awake :hihi:
but, in the band name thread, i suggested "obtuse angels" as a misspelled "obtuse angles"
then it just grew from that. nothing clever or meaningful :lol:

oh, i havent listened yet, as i havent managed to get to the computer with the speakers, and i did start on my phone, but the frequencies dont play so well on my crap phone. i get a lot of problems with anything with a bass.
but i will listen!

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm glad to hear youre all better whatever it was!!
daughter? how old if you dont mind? ballpark figure will do, no need to reveal anything you dont wish, i just know how distracting both sons and daughters can be. i dont have any daughters, but my granddaughter distracts my son so much he never calls any more :o :lol: thats toddlers for you, dont half keep you busy and tired :lol:
ah a gamer! my mate got a switch, rarely speak to him now :hihi: they do seem quite addictive.
daughter is 4. all children are "often" ill because they didn't get trained last year (because of all that social distancing) - and if the children are ill - the parents are ill too... some days later :D
switch: i played zelda breath of the wild... what a great game. sucked me in. but the biggest time-thief are always the kids... :lol:
vurt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:37 pm oh, i havent listened yet, as i havent managed to get to the computer with the speakers, and i did start on my phone, but the frequencies dont play so well on my crap phone. i get a lot of problems with anything with a bass.
but i will listen!
please give me a feedback, when you listened - anything. if something isn't your taste, if he bass is too loud, if the kick is too quite (i have a heart for soft/unaudible kicks :D)... if the mix is muddy...
myself in 2022

4? im surprised you have time for anything if she's at that age :)

lovely time of life though being a parent of someone of that age, teach you to see the wonder in everything again :D enjoy the ride :tu:

i will of course listen and comment 8)
just being distracted by pain from doing any music stuff, same every year as it starts getting really cold. ill get used to it again soon and be back at it though :D

It's dark-ish, but not too much. I liked the sounds used and the melodies, which did lighten in places. I though this would be a good piece for use with the opening credits in a vampire/zombie TV series.

Good work :)

definitely no complaints here!
the "not aphex type beats" suited the track here, so i would not suggest any beefing up the kick :hihi:
and the mix was great too, everything in its place, and not stealing the limelight, allowing the other bits time and space :tu:

definite agreement with seismic here, tv theme for a dark world type show, scifi horror, future vamps :evil:
maybe even the marvel "zombies" if they did that :D

Return to “Music Cafe”