Arturia Black Friday 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:07 am If you get an upgrade, it's probably tied to Analog Lab. So you won't be able to sell it. But the others you should be able to.
I don't see why not.

I bought Analog Lab about 1 year ago and then I upgraded to V8 collection when they had the last deal some months ago and then I sold my Analog Lab license a couple of days ago here in the buy & sell section.

The one thing that might be an issue for some is that if they had a license for Analog lab 4+V, I think they'll only be left with Analog Lab V after they get the V8 collection, if they sell their individual license for AL 4. I've read here and elsewhere that some people prefer 4 over V. For me, it didn't make a difference, so I happily sold mine.

Bought Pigments 3 and it's incredibly, incredibly glitchy :( Moreso than I've seen from any other plugin in the past, and I have/use a ton of them.. Everything from free ones, to pretty heavy plugins with fairly dated interfaces, like Omnisphere. Never encountered anything like this.

I'm disappointed that I'm already diving into the waters of support after only 2 days.. And given what I'm seeing on their forums (multiple people posting the exact same issues that I have, with very few solutions given, and apparently not much help from support), I don't have high hopes that these issues have been/will be rectified. But at this point, I basically have no other choice.

Anyhow, be forewarned: it's possible that the current version of Pigments 3 comes with major issues (performance and otherwise). And I say this despite the fact that I really enjoyed both the sound of the synth and the way that it's laid out. I was really excited to use it more, and I'm bummed that it seems to be half-functional at best.

I have no problems at all with Pigments 3 - what are you finding 'glitchy' ? Mac or PC?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'm no longer on the fence. I bit the bullet and bought v8 and, so far, it's far better than the earlier versions of Arturia plugins I've tried and my concerns about the GUI are mostly gone (except some instruments). But, now that I've got it, my offer for the FX dropped from $99 to $69... :help:
elestud wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 am Bought Pigments 3 and it's incredibly, incredibly glitchy :(
Just curious, are you on a Mac or PC? I just installed the last update on my Mac and it seems to be fine, but I only gave it a 5-minute test run or so.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Yes, no problems with Pigments here either on W10, though I don't use it all that often to be fair. Maybe something specific to some component in the system?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

cryophonik wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am I'm no longer on the fence. I bit the bullet and bought v8 and, so far, it's far better than the earlier versions of Arturia plugins I've tried and my concerns about the GUI are mostly gone (except some instruments). But, now that I've got it, my offer for the FX dropped from $99 to $69... :help:
:tu:

By any chance do you have Chorus Jun-6 in your account?

[Just want to know if it is having any influences on the FX Collection 2 crossgrade price, which probably should not be the case as I think it depends only on V Collection.]

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Synth Master Jedi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:24 pm
twisted-space wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 pm
You're actually getting it cheaper than US customers, then your government is adding VAT.
That is true. Very often when I see euro people and others complaining about prices, they seem to be ignorant to the fact that their price often includes VAT, which makes the product about 1/5 more expensive. They can thank their govts for their price.

And sometimes when prices are shown to US people, the price does not include US tax, though in this particular case, Arturia didn't charge any extra US tax for me.

That is not 100% true. It happens SOME times when the vendor is usually not from the EU. But even then not always.

As you noticed in your case with Arturia the VAT is inlcuded. Same for most companies in Europe.

The ones that do not include VAT for US customers also do not include VAT for EU too.

Keepforest for example that are from Belarus do not include VAT for anyone in the price, Reveal Sound the same.

Spitfire on the other hand do not change the price you pay in the end. But their $ and eu price is the same. https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en ... rged-this-
Cinesamples charges VAT on top of the price you see on their website. They do convert USD to EUR though. While Spitfire does 1EUR = 1USD and a lower price for GBP but tax is included. They used to show the prices for all 3 on their product pages now they only show the price applicable to you.
There should be one rule for all to be fair with the total price you have to pay.

So my initial moan-whine-rant is valid.
Belarus is not part of the EU, neither is the UK.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 am
By any chance do you have Chorus Jun-6 in your account?
No, just the v8 Collection and Pigments.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

BBFG# wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:07 am If you get an upgrade, it's probably tied to Analog Lab. So you won't be able to sell that. Pigments is a separate product from the collection so you'll probably want to keep that too. But the other one will be the one duplicate you can safely sell. Unless it's the previous version. You can still sell it, but you may want to keep it as well.
In fact you´re right. I wrote with the Arturia support and they told me that my current Analog Lab license will be tied to the V collection license once i upgrade to the V collection due to the discounted price i get BECAUSE if the Analog Lab license. SO i can´t seem to sell my Analog Lab license afterwards. Bummer. :(
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm In fact you´re right. I wrote with the Arturia support and they told me that my current Analog Lab license will be tied to the V collection license once i upgrade to the V collection due to the discounted price i get BECAUSE if the Analog Lab license. SO i can´t seem to sell my Analog Lab license afterwards. Bummer. :(
you can split the payment in 4 instalments! This is how I got my V8 upgrade.

waltercruz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:22 pm
adl wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm In fact you´re right. I wrote with the Arturia support and they told me that my current Analog Lab license will be tied to the V collection license once i upgrade to the V collection due to the discounted price i get BECAUSE if the Analog Lab license. SO i can´t seem to sell my Analog Lab license afterwards. Bummer. :(
you can split the payment in 4 instalments! This is how I got my V8 upgrade.
Yeah, it´s not that i don´t have the money, it´s that i don´t want to pay that much. :lol:
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm
BBFG# wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:07 am If you get an upgrade, it's probably tied to Analog Lab. So you won't be able to sell that. Pigments is a separate product from the collection so you'll probably want to keep that too. But the other one will be the one duplicate you can safely sell. Unless it's the previous version. You can still sell it, but you may want to keep it as well.
In fact you´re right. I wrote with the Arturia support and they told me that my current Analog Lab license will be tied to the V collection license once i upgrade to the V collection due to the discounted price i get BECAUSE if the Analog Lab license. SO i can´t seem to sell my Analog Lab license afterwards. Bummer. :(
No idea if it works but you also get the $199 offer with analog lab lite which you can get for free from soundbetter. Maybe you can deactivate analog lab, active lite and work around that restriction

cryophonik wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am I'm no longer on the fence. I bit the bullet and bought v8 and, so far, it's far better than the earlier versions of Arturia plugins I've tried and my concerns about the GUI are mostly gone (except some instruments). But, now that I've got it, my offer for the FX dropped from $99 to $69... :help: ....
Go for it. IMO the FX Collection is definitely worth it.
Probably won't see that price again for another year - if at all.

Just a question that's been bugging me, if you own Analog Lab, can you load presets/banks from Arturia synths you do not own?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 pm Just a question that's been bugging me, if you own Analog Lab, can you load presets/banks from Arturia synths you do not own?
Im pretty certain, IIRC - you can't open the instruments you dont have license for, so you can't access the 'File' menu to import individual instrument patches. You 'can' load Analog Lab presets.. and they may include combi's that include instrument patches for synths you don't own. But - you can't open those synths to edit the patches. Just like the existing AL patches - you can only edit from Analog Lab .. which is limited to what few controls are exposed for those patches within AL. Sounds confusing? It's not. You just can't load individual instrument presets where you don't own the instrument, into AL.

All that said... it kind of sucks -- because you have some of the best presets I have picked up over the years! I have your sets for Lush-101, Zebra2, Peak, and probably more. Contact Arturia - tell them.. your presets would help sell their instruments. :tu:

Cheers -

Joe

Return to “Instruments”