Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Dark Fiber wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:07 pm Black Friday discounts voor Korg software!
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2021/111802/
Thanks god not tempting at all…

Full Korg Collection 3: $249
KORG Collection 3 - Upgrade for M1 Le: $199

Triton only: $199 !

Sounds like a joke to me.

Well, i've had my eye on the "M1 v2" that now has 50% off.
That's got to be a good deal, right?

$149 for upgrade from Collection 2 to 3...I already have Triton and Triton extreme. Minikorg and Prophecy for $149...pass.

hey guys, i have the Legacly Collection still and wonder about compatibility of the old M! plugin etc. when i would upgrade to Korg Collection 3, will the old versions get overwritten? cause i fear for my old projects and dont want to loose my old vsts or do they get replaced without any problems and reloading old projects work without hicups?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

JonSolo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:38 pm $149 for upgrade from Collection 2 to 3...I already have Triton and Triton extreme. Minikorg and Prophecy for $149...pass.
I thought the same thing. Just to check though, I logged in to my Korg ID and in the offers there is a coupon code that when you apply it in cart reduces the update to $99. That makes the two missing ones $49.50 each, but I find myself still on the fence about it. Because the price doesn't seem to change if they add another product in the next few months. (such as a Z1 or R3/Radias?) So it feels to me they seem to keep finding ways to make us loyal customers feel shortsighted by buying any update from them too soon. $99 for 2 or $99 for 3 makes a difference over time if they keep doing this. Almost cheaper to keep an unused license of M1le around to update to the most current.

Thanks for reminding me of that. But that is the price it always is...right?

JonSolo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 am Thanks for reminding me of that. But that is the price it always is...right?
I think so.

Yes. No additional money off Special Bundle 1/2 to V3 upgrades this year. Korg no love us :(

MiniKorg nice but unlikely to see much use here. And $100 for the Prophecy seems a little steep for what it is, as I think it loses a lot without the hardware log controller.

PAK wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:43 am I think it loses a lot without the hardware log controller.
It works quite well with the NI Kontrol S keyboards as they have the touch strip…love to see Korg do full NKS for V3 instruments like they did for gadgets.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Korg should rethink their plugin to level up analog emulated sound generator quality to arturia, uhe one, don't you think ?

SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 amIt works quite well with the NI Kontrol S keyboards as they have the touch strip…
Any assigned control will help. But I don't think the touch strip, on the NI controller, is pressure sensitive? (So it can tell how hard you're pushing, as well as the position of your finger).

So it's only 1 axis, where the Prophecy "log" was a 3 axis controller (position, pressure, and modulation) combined into one. An X/Y pad would be a better bet, but pressure sensitivity (Z Axis) still tends to be rare and pricey.. EG Expressive E-touche, or there's Arturia's Morphee on their Polybrute synth. Bit of a surprise Korg's not stepping up to the XYZ challenge given their history with XY pads..

PAK wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:07 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 amIt works quite well with the NI Kontrol S keyboards as they have the touch strip…
Any assigned control will help. But I don't think the touch strip, on the NI controller, is pressure sensitive? (So it can tell how hard you're pushing, as well as the position of your finger).

So it's only 1 axis, where the Prophecy "log" was a 3 axis controller (position, pressure, and modulation) combined into one. An X/Y pad would be a better bet, but pressure sensitivity (Z Axis) still tends to be rare and pricey.. EG Expressive E-touche, or there's Arturia's Morphee on their Polybrute synth. Bit of a surprise Korg's not stepping up to the XYZ challenge given their history with XY pads..
Its not pressure sensitive, but its continently near the pitch and mod wheels so I found myself using it! I do actually have a E-Touche and a Sensel Morph that both will give XYZ but I haven't tried mapping it yet...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:29 amI do actually have a E-Touche and a Sensel Morph that both will give XYZ but I haven't tried mapping it yet...
Lucky you.. Would give it a try then :) I think, without that dimension, it might give some the impression of the Prophecy leaning more towards "pedestrian rompler" type territory than it does with the right control /patches :)

Did they ever get these running in Cubase correctly? Several of the collection were blacklisted well over a year ago and they said they were working on fixes but I have never seen anything more about working versions being posted.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Return to “Instruments”