Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I'm confused about how they advertise the Zenology Pro: Analog Icons. They market it as a lifetime Zenology Pro along with lifetime expansions (jx-8p, 106, 101 and jupiter 8). But aren't those expansions in Pro? So if you have Zenology Pro lifetime for $229, you'd be covered with the expansions anyways? What am I missing here?

sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:18 am I'm confused about how they advertise the Zenology Pro: Analog Icons. They market it as a lifetime Zenology Pro along with lifetime expansions (jx-8p, 106, 101 and jupiter 8). But aren't those expansions in Pro? So if you have Zenology Pro lifetime for $229, you'd be covered with the expansions anyways? What am I missing here?
AFAIK, The Zenology Pro doesn't include ANY expansion. As I see it, they aim to transform it in a kind of Kontakt. Except that Kontakt is much better and has much more (and cheaper) choices - including lots of free ones.
Fernando (FMR)

Does anyone know how to delete or initialise patch banks? I've got the XV5080 and the Sky House patch pack has wiped out most of the patches. I've tried uninstalling both it and the XV5080 and they just won't go, even after a reboot. Alternatively, do people know where Roland Cloud puts things, besides in the usual plugin folders?

OK thanks. It's a bit confusing as they say Legendary only in the main description, but then it just say "Zenology and Zen Pro are excluded" in another.

gunark wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 am Does anyone know how to delete or initialise patch banks? I've got the XV5080 and the Sky House patch pack has wiped out most of the patches. I've tried uninstalling both it and the XV5080 and they just won't go, even after a reboot. Alternatively, do people know where Roland Cloud puts things, besides in the usual plugin folders?
In the XV-5080 click the Patch button and then click New to create a new initialized bank.

On my PC its Bin files are here:
C:\Program Data\Roland Cloud\XV-5080
Last edited by Examigan on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:53 pm I hope the JX-8P is going to be released as a separate software synth like the JD-800. I will buy a lifetime key in a heartbeat.
^^ THIS ^^

I would as well - especially if an alleged JX-8P pluging uses ACB and can be installed onto my System 8! :party: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

qube123 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:07 pm Often when you get CPU spikes its down to insufficient I/O on your drive so the CPU is waiting for information. Make sure the drive the project is on is decently quick and isn't the main drive on the computer.
That’s not the issue in my case. Roland’s ACB plugins don’t use samples and don’t have any reason to access the disk, and even if they did, I have them on an incredibly fast SSD. If you mean the DAW or my current project, it’s not that either. This happens in every DAW, even with a totally blank project and one ACB plugin loaded (and nothing else). There’s something about their DSP emulation that causes random CPU spikes. I have hundreds of plugins and none of them have this behavior. It’s only the ACB ones.
Stormchild

EnochLight wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:53 pm I hope the JX-8P is going to be released as a separate software synth like the JD-800. I will buy a lifetime key in a heartbeat.
^^ THIS ^^

I would as well - especially if an alleged JX-8P pluging uses ACB and can be installed onto my System 8! :party: :lol:
I highly doubt there will ever be an ACB version of the JX-8P. The new “standalone” JD-800 plugin is just the exact same Zenology model expansion wrapped in a different UI, and if they make a standalone JX-8P plugin (a big ‘if’), they would almost certainly do the same thing.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:11 pm I highly doubt there will ever be an ACB version of the JX-8P. The new “standalone” JD-800 plugin is just the exact same Zenology model expansion wrapped in a different UI, and if they make a standalone JX-8P plugin (a big ‘if’), they would almost certainly do the same thing.
Oh I totally suspect that’s the case. I was merely saying I’d buy an ACB version that can run on System 8 in a heartbeat. Full price. It’s a travesty that Roland didn’t follow through and make one - but I fear System 8 has been put out to pasture.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

System 8... great idea, too green, too short (49key, no aftertouch), too aria... Jupiter X/Xm and ZC hardware seems to be the way to go with Roland

SebAV wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:47 pm System 8... great idea, too green, too short (49key, no aftertouch), too aria... Jupiter X/Xm and ZC hardware seems to be the way to go with Roland
I mean, the Zencore/Jupiter X/Xm is clearly Roland's new flagship platform. But you'll have to drag my System 8, Aria theme and all, from my cold dead hands. :wink: :lol: It's still an incredible synth, and arguably sounds more realistic when emulating analog compared to the Zencore stuff. But that's a topic for another thread... :hihi:

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:56 am
sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:18 am I'm confused about how they advertise the Zenology Pro: Analog Icons. They market it as a lifetime Zenology Pro along with lifetime expansions (jx-8p, 106, 101 and jupiter 8). But aren't those expansions in Pro? So if you have Zenology Pro lifetime for $229, you'd be covered with the expansions anyways? What am I missing here?
AFAIK, The Zenology Pro doesn't include ANY expansion. As I see it, they aim to transform it in a kind of Kontakt. Except that Kontakt is much better and has much more (and cheaper) choices - including lots of free ones.
Zenology Pro for sure has model expansions. I have Zenology Pro now, my one year subscription runs out in 6 days.
zenology.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have a lifetime Key for z pro and the model expansions are not included.

If i want them i have to buy each separately.
Wish there where a discount on the Analog collection for us Who bought z pro before they started the z analog collection offer.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have a lifetime Key for z pro and the model expansions are not included.

Wish there where a discount on the Analog collection for us Who bought z pro before they started the z analog collection offer.
Did you subscribe monthly prior to the lifetime key, and if so, did you get the expansions then? Maybe that's where the catch is: expansions come with the subscription but not the lifetime key.

sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have a lifetime Key for z pro and the model expansions are not included.

Did you subscribe monthly prior to the lifetime key, and if so, did you get the expansions then? Maybe that's where the catch is: expansions come with the subscription but not the lifetime key.
Yes, WHEN AND WHILE YOU HAVE A PROPER SUBSCRIPTION you can access the expansions. But that's not what was asked. What was asked was IF a license for Zenology Pro includes the expansions - which it doesn't. You wrote: "Zenology Pro for sure has model expansions" - which it doesn't. You have access to them ONLY when and while you are subscribed. The Lifetime Key doesn't include them. So you were spreading misinformation
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”