What's your favourite DAW's feature? I tried to make Reaper do-it-all

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to make my Reaper a super-DAW :D

I don't know if I'd call it a feature per say . But Impact XT plugin for StudioOne and the Atom controller ...it's a basically like drum racks for Ableton in a sense but not quite as feature rich . . I've tried stuff like Battery with Reaper and just didn't get on with it . It seemed very cumbersome compared to ImpactXt . I do use some of Battery and NI samples with Impact XT .

the full modular capabilities of bidule.
good luck :hihi:

Cubase Control room.

The pattern editor/song editor arrangement of FL Studio.

The GUI of Logic. :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

_one_ of the things in Cubase is the quantize window, where any tuplet you can enumerate can be a secondary grid, and that grid can be the tuplet over triplets or dotted values. I don't "overquantize" or apply it after-the-fact so that things conform, but as a guide and a way to sort things I do from impulse that are that kind of thing, out of my praxis.

good luck scripting that one, too

if you can, it can be improved on by allowing eg., project window to use a different quantize display than Key Editor. I have to set Project window differently manually each time. It's one click and a fraction of a section but still an irritant because I'm judgmental.

another is global tracks in Key Editor (the piano roll), so markers, tempo track, ruler appear in there. It might do that one, I have no idea. I don't imagine the dotted pentuplet or 'five in the time of 1/3rd of a triplet' et al is even a notion for REAPER.

nah, I have real specifc reasons I use the thing
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

If you could make Reaper's comping system work like the one in Pro Tools, that would be perfect.

Everything Ableton Live.

Full keyboard control of Renoise
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Why would MY favorite DAW feature impact YOUR Reaper build?

ShawnG wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 pm Why would MY favorite DAW feature impact YOUR Reaper build?
Because often times similar workflows and features can be "built" into Reaper using custom actions, modifications, etc.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:57 pm the full modular capabilities of bidule.
good luck :hihi:
Speaking of, one of my favorite features of Bidule is that it can be loaded as a plugin itself, which can be a lot of fun combined with Reaper's routing capabilities.

Not sure that I'd really have as much use for going the other way around if it were possible (Reaper as a plugin inside Bidule), but I'd give it a try. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Live's Session View and Racks ...

Jkist wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:19 pm
ShawnG wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:23 pm Why would MY favorite DAW feature impact YOUR Reaper build?
Because often times similar workflows and features can be "built" into Reaper using custom actions, modifications, etc.
I was aware of everything you just said prior to posting my question. and the question still stands.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”