Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

Dreamland for Rapid Now Available 88 Unique Multisample content: 128 Presets

$25-40

https://soundcloud.com/tj-tj-223036505/ ... d-showcase

https://www.touch-the-universe.com/rapi ... mland.html
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I emailed Parawave to ask why I was being charged an additional 20% in VAT even though I'm in the United States. I still haven't heard back from them. I've searched over their website and read their statement on VAT - "VAT is applied based on the customers residence". I'd like to get some extensions so I'm curious if anyone else has received clarification on this issue. Thanks in advance.

But putting that aside, Rapid is very fun to use. Its ability to quickly layer sounds is one of the reasons why I use it for evolving textures, atmospheres, and special effects. Eight layers with three oscillators each means huge stacked leads and aggressive basses ideal for dance music. Even the arpeggiator is easy to set up to drive the synth into all kinds of rhythmic mayhem. Good, clean fun for the whole family!!

I'd buy this synth if I wasn't charged VAT. They have my address, c'mon.

Edit: nevermind, it shows a vat charge but in the grand total the car isn't added in. Weird. Bought the synth.

The expansions cost 35 euros with the 30% or is the 30% applied on payment?
Fernando (FMR)

During their sales they usually show the sale price, so yes the 35 euros is with the 30% off.

I think the expansions are usually: 49.99 Euros.

rsp
sound sculptist

Yes there expansions are expensive,wow
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

What's the deal with VAT?

I logged in, wrote my address and it's still applying the VAT although I'm outside the EU?

On Reddit, Parawave said:
If no European VAT can be applied, a standard worldwide 20% tax / fee is used for price equalization, transaction fees and other things related to international costs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... 5/gdcj159/

This is probably illegal. I'm surprised a German company would pull up such bs.

Someone a few posts up does this too ....

pierb wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am What's the deal with VAT?

I logged in, wrote my address and it's still applying the VAT although I'm outside the EU?

If no European VAT can be applied, a standard worldwide 20% tax / fee is used for price equalization, transaction fees and other things related to international costs.

I agree. I am really tired of being charged VAT by this company and others.

Parawave, why do you charge VAT when I do not live in the EU? :( :( :(

"a standard worldwide 20% tax " Parawave - are you paying the VAT to the relevant countries authorities???? :? :? :?

Non-EU citizens should feel sorry about us living in EU instead, who always have to put up with sales tax, plus often paying the same amount in EUR that others are paying in USD.

Even some non-EU based resellers are charging sales tax because EU is forcing them.

😤😅
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

zeph wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:58 am
pierb wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am What's the deal with VAT?

I agree. I am really tired of being charged VAT by this company and others.

Parawave, why do you charge VAT when I do not live in the EU? :( :( :(

"a standard worldwide 20% tax " Parawave - are you paying the VAT to the relevant countries authorities???? :? :? :?

Believe me… us EU citizens are also tired if paying VAT! :lol:

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am Yes there expansions are expensive,wow
Yeh, never bought one…the synth is good value in the sale but the expansions are too expensive even in the sale!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am Yes there expansions are expensive,wow
Yeh, never bought one…the synth is good value in the sale but the expansions are too expensive even in the sale!
Indeed. I thought 35 euros was the regular, non discounted price. Yikes. I think I will pass.
Fernando (FMR)

Just to let you know that I am having a BF sale over at my site Resonate Sound Design - there is a Rapid pack called Chiasa - use the code BF2021 to get it for £5, reduced from £20.

Cheers

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 am
We should all keep in mind that the Extensions come with additional Sample Content not just presets.

For example the Electronic Energy extension comes with 1.2 Gig of sample content:

62 Wavetables
92 Multi-Samples
284 Oneshot Drum Samples (44.1 kHz, Stereo, 16-bit WAV)

https://parawave-audio.com/electronic_energy_list

So when you factor in the sample content the value becomes reasonable especially with the sale price.

Speaking for myself the main reason I would buy an extension would be for the added sample content.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”