RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

fmr wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am Yes there expansions are expensive,wow
Yeh, never bought one…the synth is good value in the sale but the expansions are too expensive even in the sale!
Indeed. I thought 35 euros was the regular, non discounted price. Yikes. I think I will pass.
In the meantime, check out my banks guys, they are much cheaper, high quality imo :) The most expensive is the newest for just $25, the others are like 15 or less. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am Yes there expansions are expensive,wow
Yeh, never bought one…the synth is good value in the sale but the expansions are too expensive even in the sale!
Indeed. I thought 35 euros was the regular, non discounted price. Yikes. I think I will pass.
In the meantime, check out my banks guys, they are much cheaper, high quality imo :) The most expensive is the newest for just $25, the others are like 15 or less. Cheers
I can vouch for this: I have all the TTU soundsets for the synths I have and they are excellent. TTU's Rapid soundsets are excellent, very clean and powerful.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:24 pm
So when you factor in the sample content the value becomes reasonable especially with the sale price.

Speaking for myself the main reason I would buy an extension would be for the added sample content.
I agree, I was mainly looking for multi-samples and any wavetables to be used in Rapid. I'm not really making a comment on their prices overall, although the extensions are expensive compared to other VST's. If they're high-quality, then that's what really matters to me. I think a developer has the right to charge what they think is fair for them as a growing business. I can then decide if I'm willing to pay that amount or not.

My primary issue here is that I haven't received an email in response to one I sent them a while back. That could have quickly clarified any misunderstanding. And not knowing if I'll be charged an extra 20% or not is a legitimate question. I really enjoy their synth and I have a tremendous amount of respect for companies big or small that match great software with an attentive support strategy for their customers.

**Update - For others in the United States, I just put an extension in my cart and proceeded to checkout. The VAT was shown but was not added to the final total I paid. So I'm not sure what has changed since I bought the instrument last year, but this time I didn't have to pay that extra amount. I do feel bad for anybody who is feeling the economic pinch right now. This year's holiday spending is going to be very strict without any 'impulse buys' like every previous year.

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:30 am
I can vouch for this: I have all the TTU soundsets for the synths I have and they are excellent. TTU's Rapid soundsets are excellent, very clean and powerful.
Thank you sir! Any soundset request for additional synths I haven't released yet for?

I will be releasing Saurus X from Tone 2 and predator soon! Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

It's now on Black Friday sale 40% off.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

morphex wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am ....................

**Update - For others in the United States, I just put an extension in my cart and proceeded to checkout. The VAT was shown but was not added to the final total I paid. So I'm not sure what has changed since I bought the instrument last year, but this time I didn't have to pay that extra amount. I do feel bad for anybody who is feeling the economic pinch right now. This year's holiday spending is going to be very strict without any 'impulse buys' like every previous year.
Hmmm
I bought mine in July 2020, and this is what the invoice looks like....I just put it in the cart and it looks similar in structure.

First line says inclusive of VAT.
Second line says tax of 20% (this is not tax on the cost of the item in the first line, 20% of 116.99 is actually 23.39),
then the next line shows the total still with the tax in it.

If their policy now was to remove tax for non EU it would have 116.99 Minus 19.50 in the second line I think.

Some of us. have been asking this for years, I don't think I have ever seen it answered.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am
Thank you sir! Any soundset request for additional synths I haven't released yet for?

I did pick up TTU's Dreamland Soundset for Rapid and it's got some really nice bass synth specifically well-suited for trance or techno. The presets have a tight low end, are snappy and eq'd to cut through a dense mix without a lot of extra processing. Nice work!!

Have you thought about some patches for Phase Plant? That's certainly a capable synth. I'd love to see a strong pack of rhythmic patches with macros assigned and some deep programming that goes beyond the normal plucks or pads. Maybe some aggressive basses and hypnotic rhythms.

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:35 am
morphex wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am ....................

Hmmm
I bought mine in July 2020, and this is what the invoice looks like....I just put it in the cart and it looks similar in structure.

First line says inclusive of VAT.
Second line says tax of 20% (this is not tax on the cost of the item in the first line, 20% of 116.99 is actually 23.39),
then the next line shows the total still with the tax in it.

If their policy now was to remove tax for non EU it would have 116.99 Minus 19.50 in the second line I think.

Some of us. have been asking this for years, I don't think I have ever seen it answered.
rsp
Please can PARAWAVE explain what is happening, and what are their rules for invoicing EU and non EU customers. :help: :help:

Hmm, I'll check it out. I'm sure its a dope synth. Thanks for brining it up.

Glad you like the presets :) Cheers

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am

I have some soundsets from you, and they are indeed very good (namely the HALion one). :tu:

But specifically, I was after one that I think it's not what you cover in Rapid - Cinematic Exposure. From all those Parawave has on sale it's the only one I would like to have.
Fernando (FMR)

Cinematic, huh, yeah, not really my specially tbh, thought a few sounds might fit the bill in my soundsets;)

With the 40% that seems more reasonable imo opintion. I'd say go for it,

TTU Youtube

morphex wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am **Update - For others in the United States, I just put an extension in my cart and proceeded to checkout. The VAT was shown but was not added to the final total I paid. So I'm not sure what has changed since I bought the instrument last year, but this time I didn't have to pay that extra amount. I do feel bad for anybody who is feeling the economic pinch right now. This year's holiday spending is going to be very strict without any 'impulse buys' like every previous year.
It still shows up for me. I'm not in the EU.

This is not the cart, but the last step of the checkout.

morphex wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am the extensions are expensive compared to other VST's.
Which extensions for other synths that contain sample content and not just presets are less expensive ?

For example Avenger expansions show as 65€ right now.

My point is that it's not fair to compare against expansions for other synths that contain only presets.

I just wanted to make sure people know they are getting additional sample content with Rapid extensions (from the Parawave site) and not just presets.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pierb wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm It still shows up for me. I'm not in the EU.

This is not the cart, but the last step of the checkout.

But the total is still 98.99€ correct ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

yes, precisely, even so,

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”