Logic Pro Plugin Search Application

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:58 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:55 am Still no word. I'm not impressed. He is in Holland, so he is in my timezone.
Yeah, that is a bit shit. Communication is key!

I have an current email conversation with him. I'm happy to mention it, if you like :shrug:
That would be kind of you, thanks. :tu:
Ok. But just so I'm clear: Did you already pay by CC, but have yet to receive the license? Or is it that your CC just isn't being accepted?

The latter. It is a valid cc.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:19 pm The latter. It is a valid cc.
Just dropped him a note.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:58 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:55 am Still no word. I'm not impressed. He is in Holland, so he is in my timezone.
Yeah, that is a bit shit. Communication is key!

I have an current email conversation with him. I'm happy to mention it, if you like :shrug:
That would be kind of you, thanks. :tu:
He's just had it fixed, and will probably contact you soon :tu:

Thanks! :party: :tu:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Done. Again, thanks for your help!
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:09 pm Done. Again, thanks for your help!
He said he'd contact you, but that I could also share with you. Perhaps he just thought I'd do it, and that you would just try again.

:tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm
He said he'd contact you, but that I could also share with you. Perhaps he just thought I'd do it, and that you would just try again.

No, he got back to me a moment after I wrote this. I asked him that his next project would be an 'Instant Rock God' plugin.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:28 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm

No, he got back to me a moment after I wrote this. I asked him that his next project would be an 'Instant Rock God' plugin.
He's working on it. I'm an Alpha-tester. Progress is encouraging :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7-aduHx5bo

Glad it's sorted.

I've always wanted to plug in to a wall of Marshall stacks. :o :-o
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:51 pm I've always wanted to plug in to a wall of Marshall stacks. :o :-o
I'd be interested in feeling the physical force, and how that kind of energy translated into playability. But these days I've too much respect for the state of my ear-health to get close enough to feel the above effects :scared: Boring, I know.

A quote from David Gilmour:

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hi, as I am Software Dev with 20 Years of experience and I am converting to Logic from Ableton, I can say it is in general unpleasent to use too much 3rd party applications that try to come along with solutions that the main application is supposed to do. So my main question, why did Apple Logic guys not already come up with plugin search as it is a basic fundamental feature of a DAW nowadays?

As nice as this might be, I just have all my plugins sorted by categories and in an order that makes the most sense to me. By the time I've option-clicked, typed, then clicked on the plugin I was searching, I'd already have found it :shrug:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Logic is pretty awful on searching for plugins or anything else that is not an Apple-supplied Apple Loop.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”