RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm But the total is still 98.99€ correct ?
Yes, including VAT.

So do people in countries that don't have VAT pay less ? My point is the 20% tax shows as an additional charge but the total doesn't change?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

that's not how it works I think, I certainly know that the tax is for the Europe Union thing, can anyone confirm that they pay vat is us
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:43 pm So do people in countries that don't have VAT pay less ? My point is the 20% tax shows as an additional charge but the total doesn't change?
What's happening here is that Parawave is charging the same end price to everyone. I think it could be illegal for a EU company to charge VAT to a customer outside the EU but I'm not 100% sure.

Of course Parawave is in the right to charge anything they want to any country, and they probably want to prevent people lying about their location to get a lower price. But if you're a professional outside the EU, and the Parawave invoice shows you paid 20% of VAT, you probably won't be able to deduce that from your own taxes in your own country.

If you buy from U-He and you're outside the EU the invoice doesn't reflect you paid 20% VAT. That's because U-He is using a third party service for the payments that handles all the complicated worldwide taxing options, and Parawave probably doesn't.

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 pm that's not how it works I think, I certainly know that the tax is for the Europe Union thing, can anyone confirm that they pay vat is us
Or the UK...you have to be registered with the UK Government to collect tax I think (for items less than £135), if you are not doing that you are just charging people 20% more for not being in the EU- some companies just blatantly say they do that (it just happened to me with a hardware purchase - the OXI, the sellers just said it was to hard to have different prices so they are charging everyone the same put paying 20% of that money in tax in the EU!! Madness!!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Well I know nothing about international tax laws. Maybe Parawave will weigh in on the issue again.

I don't remember what I paid for Rapid but it's been worth every penny and this holiday price seems like a great deal.

Of course if someone doesn't like the synth then no price is fair but if anyone likes Rapid and doesn't own it yet seems like this would be the time..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

One synth to rule them all… Rapid vs Omnisphere.. fight!

parawave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 pm We started our Black Friday Sale 2021.

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

All Rapid Extensions are on sale too. If you missed the latest Progressive House XT, now is your chance.

https://parawave-audio.com/products/extensions
What is Rapid normally priced at in € ?

I’n getting €99,81 in the cart right now.. is that with the 45% discount applied already?

Yes that is with the 45% already included.

Normal Price I believe is..179.99 Euros.

rsp
sound sculptist

Cool. I am comparing it to Omnisphere for a bit because I see some similarities. But looks like this has far superior workflow. I will test this baby out!

Different strokes for different folks.. I definitely prefer the work flow in omnisphere.
rsp
sound sculptist

LFO8 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:21 pm Cool. I am comparing it to Omnisphere for a bit because I see some similarities. But looks like this has far superior workflow. I will test this baby out!
Can you import your own samples into Omnisphere ? (I don't know, I don't own it).

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:28 pm
LFO8 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:21 pm Cool. I am comparing it to Omnisphere for a bit because I see some similarities. But looks like this has far superior workflow. I will test this baby out!
Can you import your own samples into Omnisphere ? (I don't know, I don't own it).
You can yes (but not multi samples). I love its sound but the downside to Omnisphere is the page diving you have to keep doing to design a patch.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:35 pm
morphex wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am the extensions are expensive compared to other VST's.
My point is that it's not fair to compare against expansions for other synths that contain only presets.

I just wanted to make sure people know they are getting additional sample content with Rapid extensions (from the Parawave site) and not just presets.
I was talking in general terms, but you're right, the Rapid extensions should be worth more because of the content in addition to the presets. I was interested in the Cinematic Exposure extension because of the additional 148 wavetables and over 4000 one shot drum samples. That's a lot of content. There are some really nice usable sounds in there, too.

Taking that into consideration, I'd say you have a good point. I don't buy presets all that often so I don't know what everyone charges on average. I think they seemed more expensive because I was unclear about their VAT policy and reading a statement about an additional 20% a pop adds up quickly. I think they should update their FAQ page so there's no confusion.

Spent a little time with the demo this morning. So far the workflow is really good! Most of what’s needed to design your patch is accessible right there from the front panel on one page. I like that a lot.

Return to “Instruments”