Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Let's be honest, Korg have had one of the most awkward, convoluted websites for software purchases/downloads since they got into the game...personally, I just wish they'd get their arse in gear and release an update to the King Korg librarian that works in Big Sur...

JonSolo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 pm Capracan, this is not a problem with Korg and I doubt they can or will help. You may find several other programs that use a system font to be messed up. I had a similar issue when I allowed a third party driver app to "change" things for "best" appearance and usage. When I get in today I will try to look up what I found to help you revert back to the proper fonts.

Like I said I had this happen several years ago and was able to fix it. It is about your system font defaults being changed. But I will see what I can find to get you more info. Unless someone beats me to it ha.

Meanwhile check this as an option:

http://woshub.com/how-to-restore-defaul ... ndows-8-1/
i appreciate your effort and this link but, excuse me to be careful to tweak the system, for just this case... :?

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am Let's be honest, Korg have had one of the most awkward, convoluted websites for software purchases/downloads since they got into the game...personally, I just wish they'd get their arse in gear and release an update to the King Korg librarian that works in Big Sur...
haha* lol* not only that, do you ever try reading the Fonts on the MS-20 Plugin...that need a bit more effort ! An all around optimization would be a good investment

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am Let's be honest, Korg have had one of the most awkward, convoluted websites for software purchases/downloads since they got into the game...personally,
I want to get the full collection, it's a lot of good stuff for 250$, but this, the no transfer policy and the update price schemes make me doubt.

capracan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 pm haha* lol* not only that, do you ever try reading the Fonts on the MS-20 Plugin...that need a bit more effort !
Just tried the standalone version here out of interest and no problems here:

mcbpete wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:04 pm
capracan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 pm haha* lol* not only that, do you ever try reading the Fonts on the MS-20 Plugin...that need a bit more effort !
Just tried the standalone version here out of interest and no problems here:

I think he was referring to the tiny fonts on the actual synth faceplate by the knobs and jacks, rather than the system fonts.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

capracan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am Let's be honest, Korg have had one of the most awkward, convoluted websites for software purchases/downloads since they got into the game...personally, I just wish they'd get their arse in gear and release an update to the King Korg librarian that works in Big Sur...
haha* lol* not only that, do you ever try reading the Fonts on the MS-20 Plugin...that need a bit more effort ! An all around optimization would be a good investment
Ha! Right!

Even at 130% "Extended" screen size, the tiny fonts by the knobs and the text in the signal flow blocks are nearly invisible. Maybe they should give that synth faceplate its own dedicated page!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The other thing from my perspective is that the discount from purchasing M1 and Wavestation full versions individually is kind of non existent and given that I have an Odyssey clone and a pretty heavily expanded Triton Rack (3 exb, moss board and expanded RAM), US$299 for the remainder is a bit too steep to justify.

owner of Korg legacy, (MS-20, polysix, mono/poly, M1, Wavestation and MDE-X) I find that korg doesn't want me to upgrade for their collection 3. To have it, I have to pay the full version. I got M1 Le coupon long time ago when I bought korg nanokey25.

So I'll pass on this, this year, I'll continue my subscription of Roland cloud instead.

Just purchased the upgrade for this.
Got the Prophecy, miniKorg, and two Tritan versions.
I'm kind of disappointed in these synths.
I like the original legacy analog edition synths I've had for a long time.
The additional ones were uninspiring to me.
The cosmetics aren't good either.

:? Why did you bought it then? It's not like they don't offer demos...

e@rs wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:37 am :? Why did you bought it then? It's not like they don't offer demos...
20 minute demos. Not enough time.
The reduced cost was also enticing.
I think the Triton is just another M1 clone. It has a lot of the same sounds, and editing pages are the same thing.
The Prophecy sounds good, and was the more interesting one of these newer synths. Yet the editing levers are so small, even with the UI size increased. The skins look awful in comparison to their older synths.
The miniKorg is great for retro-gaming sounds, and that's about it. The effects sound pingy.

mcnoone wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 am Just purchased the upgrade for this.
Got the Prophecy, miniKorg, and two Tritan versions.
I'm kind of disappointed in these synths.
I like the original legacy analog edition synths I've had for a long time.
The additional ones were uninspiring to me.
The cosmetics aren't good either.
hey did you got the Legacy Collection as well? maybe you can let me know please if the vsts are fully compatible with old projects? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Demoing Tritons Extreme and m getting static when playing in “classic” and “Studio” mode. Digital mode sounds fine. Anyone else experience this?

chili beans wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:33 am Demoing Tritons Extreme and m getting static when playing in “classic” and “Studio” mode. Digital mode sounds fine. Anyone else experience this?
Think it’s been discussed here before that those other modes have a huge cpu hit.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”