Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

gondii wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 am Good to hear that no one else is having this issue. Puzzling. I guess it's something their support has to sort..
Probably not related, but my browser didn't want to download all the files from the Vengeance website at first giving me a notice that the connection is not secure and might be hijacked or something along those lines. Never had that before with anything IIRC.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

I'm also having troubles. V-Manager refuses to download the factory content. So I decided to manually download it through Firefox and I immediately get a "SECURITY RISK!" warning, prompting me to manually confirm the download. I suspect this is why V-Manager refused to download it on it's own.

This is on Mac M1, Big Sur.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

metaside wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:04 pm
gondii wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:56 am Good to hear that no one else is having this issue. Puzzling. I guess it's something their support has to sort..
Probably not related, but my browser didn't want to download all the files from the Vengeance website at first giving me a notice that the connection is not secure and might be hijacked or something along those lines. Never had that before with anything IIRC.
Same here. Never had this warning ever before.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I suspect the company is trying to destroy all our computers. That’s why they’re called Vengeance.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

gondii wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am I'm having some trouble - Bitdefender is detecting viruses with the new V-Man file. And my system crashed. I just opened a support ticket (new support system is very nice).
Same here - no crash, but Bitdefender is reporting "Potentially malicious behavior" and quarantines V-Manager.exe.

Bitdefender detected potentially malicious behavior and blocked all applications involved.
Detection ID: SuspiciousBehavior.B50143A0411C6923

It happened twice, but I then restored V-Manager.exe from Bitdefender's quarantine and ran again. This time it did not get blocked and I was able to download and install.

Installed Avenger OK and downloading expansions now.
Windows/Mac | Studio One, Live, Logic | Push 2, Maschine MKIII, Atom SQ | Presonus Quantum 2, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, | Fender, Godin, Taylor

Seriously, I freakin’ love the two new expansions ! Will be my next purchase.

And thank you so much for leaving Codemeter, now I won’t be afraid that Avenger might stop working some day for no reason !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I forwarded the false positive warning to Rene, maybe he can look into it. / register it somehow

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:29 pm I forwarded the false positive warning to Rene, maybe he can look into it. / register it somehow
Any news on my "No license Found" issue? thanks

I am no support unfortunately, so I have no solution for you here, sorry. Either open a ticket or contact Andre directly at support@vengeance-sound.com. He can help quickly

danielh02 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 pm
gondii wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am I'm having some trouble - Bitdefender is detecting viruses with the new V-Man file. And my system crashed. I just opened a support ticket (new support system is very nice).
Same here - no crash, but Bitdefender is reporting "Potentially malicious behavior" and quarantines V-Manager.exe.

Bitdefender detected potentially malicious behavior and blocked all applications involved.
Detection ID: SuspiciousBehavior.B50143A0411C6923

It happened twice, but I then restored V-Manager.exe from Bitdefender's quarantine and ran again. This time it did not get blocked and I was able to download and install.

Installed Avenger OK and downloading expansions now.

Rene from keilwerth Audio reported the issue already to Bitdefender.

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm I am no support unfortunately, so I have no solution for you here, sorry. Either open a ticket or contact Andre directly at support@vengeance-sound.com. He can help quickly
Thanks, I did open a support ticket and it has now been resolved. :tu:

Now for some fun looking at the new expansions - sooo tempted! :party:

First of all I want to give a huge thanks to Vengeance for allowing us to install and use Avenger without the need for CodeMeter. I can now use Avenger again with confidence knowing I have the latest version. :tu:

It installed and authorized with no problems on this system and the factory content installed without the need for the VManager (which by the way the .exe scans clean with Bitdefender here).

So now I want to move the new files to my studio computer which still has the old pre-CM 1.4 version installed. I wonder if it would be better to uninstall the old version rather than installing this new version on top?

I think I'll probably uninstall and do a fresh install. Looking forward to using Avenger again and see what's new since version 1.4. :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Uninstall the previous version and also codemeter and install the recent version and run vman authorization

and see what's new since version 1.4.
uhh, quite a lot :)

One thing I noticed with Avenger 1.8 is the boot time is a little longer, on the other hand preset loading is much better, and overall Avenger is more fluid.

Return to “Instruments”