Cherry Audio Releases Quadra Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:13 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.

Instead of doing that, I'm just gonna mess around a bunch more with the second preset on the synth, "A Bit Choppy". At some point I'll get around to demo'ing the other hundreds of presets, but this one is working wonders for now so I might just stay on it for like 20 more minutes. Finding things to complain about while viewing graphs in Plugin Analyzer like sounds less fun and sounds less conducive to making actual music, but to each their own.
Strange post really. You said this earlier: "Strange how you imply that others are heavily biased in their opinions, when your post is absolutely dripping with an almost pathological impartiality. Huh."

And now, because only a few people don't like this new plugin you react as if one of your parents is insulted? You're telling that there are "others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain"?

Is your main hobby hanging out in Cherry threads telling how wonderful their plugins are?

To me you seem like a fanboy who cannot deal with critique on your favorite brand. Please, don't be so defensive and let other people have a different opinion.
I didn't even read any else's posts in the thread, the post you're quoting isn't directed at you, unless you're in every cherry thread incessantly badmouthing them. I assumed there might be badmouthing because there is at least one poster who is in every single Chery thread who seems to have severe issues. But, to your points:

Other people are free to have their own opinions, I just think it's funny the amount of time some people spend badmouthing things they don't like and wont buy.

Yes I post in threads for products I own and use. That's normal behavior.

I can deal with critiques on Cherry, who are not my favorite brand (that's U-He for analog synth emulation). I agree with some of the critiques. We can relitigate your comment I originally replied to if you wish, since you seem to have a renewed vigor for arguing, after previously handwaving away my arguments and saying "I'm not after endless discussion". I will then describe precisely the things I cannot deal with.

You appear hurt by my earlier post directed at you. Everything will be fine.

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am Bought immediately (via Synth Stack 2, which was only $21 because I already have everything else).
How did you get the discount for this, as I have the others except for PS-20. Does a discount get added when you go through checkout? :?:
You probably need to be logged in to see the discount though I'm logged in, have all instruments and it says $199 for me :)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am Bought immediately (via Synth Stack 2, which was only $21 because I already have everything else).
How did you get the discount for this, as I have the others except for PS-20. Does a discount get added when you go through checkout? :?:
If you're on the cherry website and not a 3rd party, I'm assuming you're either not looking at the Synth Stack 2 product page, or not signed in.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:53 am
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:38 am
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
Certainly everybody has junk email addresses for such accounts? If it's a company I probably won't do business with I just tell them my name is Nunya Bidness and give them a fake physical address.
that won't work, it needs an internet connection to register... and re-register.. and to deleted registered plugins on systems you don't use anymore, or have been updated.
And ? It's 2021, everything is connected to the internet even your refrigerator.

I understand some people still want their DAWs off the internet I just don't see why these days. :shrug:
it was an reaction, only to stipulate that an account is needed, and i don't mind this, internet connection, well, my canvas (desktop for my studio) is connected to the internet. and a lot of 'logins'.

so in this case an account with a fake address won't work. because Cherry Audio, downloads even afterwards, when you have used the installer, the plugin for instance, or modules etc. and updates them...

so, no prob for me. only to mention, wel i said it 3 times.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm
If you're on the cherry website and not a 3rd party, I'm assuming you're either not looking at the Synth Stack 2 product page, or not signed in.
Nope. I'm signed in, added it to basket and it quotes me $116, when considering I have all the others except Quadra and PS-20, seems wrong :help:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:53 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm
Nope. I'm signed in, added it to basket and it quotes me $116, when considering I have all the others except Quadra and PS-20, seems wrong :help:
Did you buy them all from CA direct or third party resellers? No idea, but may make a difference.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm it was an reaction, only to stipulate that an account is needed, and i don't mind this, internet connection, well, my canvas (desktop for my studio) is connected to the internet. and a lot of 'logins'.
so in this case an account with a fake address won't work. because Cherry Audio, downloads even afterwards, when you have used the installer, the plugin for instance, or modules etc. and updates them...
To be clear I'm not talking about using a "fake" email account but I assume everybody has alternative accounts from Zoho, Proton, etc they can use without giving up their main email account and just use a fake name if they are concerned about creating an account like this person:
BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
So my point is that creating an account does not need to be a "big no no".

I use junk mail accounts all the time when they are required for freebies etc. If I find I want to buy from the company then I can set up an "official" account with one of my main working email addresses.

If someone is concerned about the need to have an account to use the plugins once you buy them well that's the way it works with CA so if that's a problem they'll just have to move on.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm it was an reaction, only to stipulate that an account is needed, and i don't mind this, internet connection, well, my canvas (desktop for my studio) is connected to the internet. and a lot of 'logins'.
To be clear I'm not talking about using a "fake" email account but I assume everybody has alternative accounts from Zoho, Proton, etc they can use without giving up their main email account and just use a fake name if they are concerned about creating an account like this person:

I use junk mail accounts all the time when they are required for freebies etc. If I find I want to buy from the company then I can set up an "official" account with one of my main working email addresses.

If someone is concerned about the need to have an account to use the plugins once you buy them well that's the way it works with CA so if that's a problem they'll just have to move on.... :shrug:
ow ok, i keep to my 'official' accounts, well because of overview, and email newsletters you can disable, if not my my in-boxes were the new flood... i use KVR... when i want to, and of course newsletters from companies that i really want to follow...

more clear, now, for me, sorry...

happy BF...... the new temptation! o well, the only thing i really want does not go, it seems, on BF sale. so....

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 pm You appear hurt by my earlier post directed at you. Everything will be fine.
No hard feelings on anything directed at me, but i'm allergic of people that try to squash other people's opinions by saying things like:
I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.
So unnecessarily dramatic. But thanks for elaborating.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm

I have "lesser" e-mail accounts. And more "serious" ones. But i won't create an account to demo a vst. Just my personal preference.
Yes of course.
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you log into the store, then go to Store > Bundles, the Synth Stack 2 item should show your discounted price right away.
Stormchild

BrokenTrance wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:52 pm I have "lesser" e-mail accounts. And more "serious" ones. But i won't create an account to demo a vst. Just my personal preference.
Certainly you are allowed to have your personal preference. I had to create an account just to download a freebie today and I simply gave them a junk email. Not a big deal to me. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:52 pm I have "lesser" e-mail accounts. And more "serious" ones. But i won't create an account to demo a vst. Just my personal preference.
Certainly you are allowed to have your personal preference. I had to create an account just to download a freebie today and I simply gave them a junk email. Not a big deal to me. :shrug:
That is absolutely fine. I wouldn't do it though. But more because i don't want a lot of accounts here and there. :)

Almost every company that sells plugins ends up needing you to create an account so you can get the stuff you paid for. The only exception I know of is u-he, which still needs you to register your email so it can tie your purchases to it (in other words you still have an account; you just can't log into it…instead, they will send you your serial numbers by email on request).

I understand the hestitation about registering an account just to demo something, but surely the whole point of trying a demo is to decide if you want to buy it, and if you do decide to buy it you'll need the account anyway.
Stormchild

yeah, complaining about having to use an email account is insane. If making a fake email is too difficult then don't demo plugins. If you suffer from paranoia get that checked out, its probably more important to deal with that than worry about some plugin. I use my regular non-business email for all plugin stuff, if I don't want more emails from a company I just unsubscribe from their newsletter or don't click the subscribe checkmark when making an account in the first place. It's really, really not a big deal for me.

Return to “Instruments”