VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

No issues here thanks Manuel
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Was reading the release notes and couldn't believe my eyes! I'm late to the party I guess, but holy crap:

- switched copy protection from Codemeter back to keyfile

:clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party:

is the redownload of the XPs from before 1.8 (1.4) needed?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:45 pm is the redownload of the XPs from before 1.8 (1.4) needed?
No.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:06 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:45 pm is the redownload of the XPs from before 1.8 (1.4) needed?
No.
tx!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 pm Yes the 1.8 update went very smoothly on my studio computer as well. However I have been getting crashes in FL Studio:

FL Crash 112121-1.png

However I'm not blaming it on Avenger at least yet. I've been having crash issues in the last few versions of FL Studio with other plugins as well. FL was always rock solid here up until recently.

Has anyone else had issues with 1.8 in FL Studio ? I'm going to open a support ticket with Image-Line but their support people will see Avenger mentioned in the crash report and will automatically blame it in defense of FL Studio. I'm not the only one who has reported stability issue with FL in recent versions but IL doesn't want to take into consideration there may be something wrong with FL at this point. :?

I'm going to keep working with Avenger in FL and see if I can get some more information (yes I have tried Fixed Size Buffers on/off). So far Avenger has not crashed any of the others DAWs I have installed and that's the same pattern I had with other plugins that are or were crashing FL Studio. Work fine in four other DAWs but crash FL.
yes had this too, just open a new project file and load Avenger and this message doesnt pop up. dunno why it popped up

Did something change regarding system requirements (CPU) since version 1.4.10? Version 1.8.0 fails to be seen by Studio One and Renoise sees it, but gives an error message when trying to load either VST2 or VST3.

I also encountered error in Reaper amd FLStudio - in my environment, the plugin does not open (or load) at all. Email has been sent to support.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm yes had this too, just open a new project file and load Avenger and this message doesnt pop up. dunno why it popped up
Thanks but it's not a message it's a crash report. But I switched to the VST 3 version and so far it hasn't crashed. The crashes only happened in FL Studio.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dune_rave wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm I also encountered error in Reaper amd FLStudio - in my environment, the plugin does not open (or load) at all. Email has been sent to support.
Did you send the email to Image-Line support ? I'm going to open a ticket with them but not until after the holiday.

Last time I had to send multiple crash reports and screenshots etc so I just don't have the energy to go through that right now.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I know it's silly and purely psychological, because I had Avenger installed and authorized with CM and could use it just the same, but just loading up v 1.8. feels different, like the shackles have been broken and it's free now. Having a lot of fun making patches.

Nice version, so far very stable here on macos 10.14! Thanks, guys. Btw. also nice redesign of the backstage webpage. Keep up the good work.

No problem with the AU in Logic on MAC OS 11.6.

As someone who has very vocally criticized VPS for the CodeMeter situation, I wondered if I'd have any desire to use Avenger again. But I just reinstalled it without problem and played around with it for the first time in two years, and it is a terrific synth. I'm happy VPS has reversed course, and hope CM has been left behind for good as we move forward with making music!

I want to chime in and say a big thank you to VPS for reverting the authorization method. I'm on vacation so I can't install the latest version but I, too, skipped the code meter versions and I'm now excited to see what this version brings.

Win10, Reaper and Bitwig - no issues. Install new version of Avenger, run new V-Man, authorise - all is right with the world again. One less CP system running, happy days - thanks Vengeance!

An interesting factoid (maybe...)
Avenger 1.7 - 92.8 MB
Avenger 1.8 - 67.0 MB

Pretty chunky that Codemeter CP code, eh? :)

Return to “Instruments”