Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Free demos are now up (PC/Mac). The demo includes the new patch browser with the Genetics function, as well as drag+drop support for the mod matrix. Mac demos compromise both the regular Intel-based VST/AU versions, as well as native M1 versions:

https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html

If you had a previous demo installed, please uninstall, or at least remove the Soundbanks folder. The demo patches are now organized differently and there's more demo patches available to choose from.

Careful with the new Genetics function- the demo version cannot save, so if you end up with an amazing patch by chance, it will be gone for good. Happened to me while testing the demo, just saying ;)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 pm Actually I think a new version is the perfect/best time to do a sale. (u-he does it, Vengeance just did it with Avenger, they are others).
But it isn't my company and Richard surely doesn't seem to have ruled it out.
rsp
Well to be fair Vengeance didn't add as much as they took away the need for CodeMeter which I am very grateful for....

1.8.0 changelog

- Avenger is now working on Apple M1 native
- switched copy protection from Codemeter back to keyfile
- added: when preset search is visible, the prev/next button will cycle through the search results instead of loading the next preset from the "normal" expansion list
- added "FAVORITE" icon to preset search to toggle Fav's during search
- added detection for some specific chord ( min7-3, maj7-3 )
- added ARP triggered incremental mod source

The rest were fixes:
https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... %20Avenger
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:12 pm Waiting for all the new commercial banks 'hand crafted' by the new genetics function :hihi:

(Pretty sure there is one already)
That brings up an interesting point. Is using the Genetics on patches made by someone else then selling the results ethical? I wouldn't do it.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:42 pm ... Mac demos compromise both the regular Intel-based VST/AU versions, as well as native M1 versions:

Richard
I assume you mean comprise :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:17 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 pm Actually I think a new version is the perfect/best time to do a sale. (u-he does it, Vengeance just did it with Avenger, they are others).
But it isn't my company and Richard surely doesn't seem to have ruled it out.
rsp
Well to be fair Vengeance didn't add as much as they took away the need for CodeMeter which I am very grateful for....

1.8.0 changelog

- Avenger is now working on Apple M1 native
- switched copy protection from Codemeter back to keyfile
- added: when preset search is visible, the prev/next button will cycle through the search results instead of loading the next preset from the "normal" expansion list
- added "FAVORITE" icon to preset search to toggle Fav's during search
- added detection for some specific chord ( min7-3, maj7-3 )
- added ARP triggered incremental mod source

The rest were fixes:
https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... %20Avenger

For some M1 and/or removing of Codemeter are huge!!!!

But I digress.

Up to Richard, but I think it would be a great time to do a sale, and I already have them :).
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:12 pm Waiting for all the new commercial banks 'hand crafted' by the new genetics function :hihi:

That brings up an interesting point. Is using the Genetics on patches made by someone else then selling the results ethical? I wouldn't do it.... :shrug:
I don't think so. But will that stop anyone?

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm For some M1 and/or removing of Codemeter are huge!!!!
Oh don't get me wrong removing CodeMeter gave me back the plugin I paid for long ago and I'm very grateful.

But that's kind of like stabbing someone then acting like pulling the knife out is a favor. :hihi:

I want everybody to buy DUNE 3 and get a great deal but I also want Synapse to be compensated for their work so.....

Let's hope a solution that works for everybody is found..... :tu:

When are we getting our BF sale at Synapse !!! Why are they keeping us waiting for so long !! :help: :help: :pray: :pray:

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:29 pm

No probably not. How will you feel if you find some of your commercial presets as part of Genetics patches?

I don't think I would like it....... :?

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 pm Let's hope a solution that works for everybody is found..... :tu:
half price if richard can visit and kick you up the arse. seems fair.

zeph wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 pm When are we getting our BF sale at Synapse !!! Why are they keeping us waiting for so long !! :help: :help: :pray: :pray:
Richard did say....
Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:54 am We'll see about BF once the free demos for DUNE 3.5 are uploaded. The demos (Mac/PC) should be available later today.
Richard
The new demos dropped about an hour ago so....

It's still Wednesday here but I realize in places like Australia it's probably already December.

Patience I guess...not Black Friday yet...... :shrug:

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 pm Let's hope a solution that works for everybody is found..... :tu:
That definitely doesn't work for me and I'm part of "everybody" so.....

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm
That definitely doesn't work for me and I'm part of "everybody" so.....
youve got it, you don't get kicked :)

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm

No probably not. How will you feel if you find some of your commercial presets as part of Genetics patches?

do you think you'd hear it?
sadly there's nothing you can do, as it's not like it retains any identifying data?

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:55 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm

do you think you'd hear it?
sadly there's nothing you can do, as it's not like it retains any identifying data?
You sure? :wink:

Return to “Instruments”