UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm So are they waiting until everyone has spent all their money on all the other sales before they finally start thiers?
LOL exactly. Terrible strategy from UVI to wait until the last moment.

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm So are they waiting until everyone has spent all their money on all the other sales before they finally start thiers?
It’s 2 days to the actual Friday tbf. Gets like Easter where eggs start going on shelves on New Year’s Day.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

pierb wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 pm
I think (based on the many post on this subject!) most people have a list of what they want and just wait for it top go on sale, last week, this week, doesn't really matter.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:06 pm
I think (based on the many post on this subject!) most people have a list of what they want and just wait for it top go on sale, last week, this week, doesn't really matter.
Yes, for the ones who know exactly what product they want. Like me, there's one very specific tool that I'm sure and I'll just wait for the deal since I don't want anything else. But for those who are just willing to shop and and spoil themselves with a cool new toy, this might be a pretty bad strategy from UVI as the shopper might go try something elsewhere and get it instead. Don't know, I'm light years from being a marketing strategist but not sure if that's the best idea...

It’s complicated, generally spoken BF sales have a tendency to move forward, especially if you are a smaller dev. For the big names like UVI you can expect people to hold off if they really want something. Overall the budget problem is real though.

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:06 pm I think (based on the many post on this subject!) most people have a list of what they want and just wait for it top go on sale, last week, this week, doesn't really matter.
I agree, but I doubt that represents the majority of people.

There's so much stuff to get and so many surprises, I imagine the majority are improvising until the cash runs out.

Black friday is black friday, not end of november.
It's sad that some company need to start earlier just to be the first and now you get stuff like black month...
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Oh nice, UVI Plate now with ARM support! Thanks.

otristan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 am Black friday is black friday, not end of november.
It's sad that some company need to start earlier just to be the first and now you get stuff like black month...
That's not how it works. BF is a artificially created date that someone made up to drive sales. The problem is that on that date you are only one fish in the tank of a million and people might already have blown their budget. That's why we are seeing this beeing moved forward, first to black week, now to black month. It's just a logical conclusion at this point.

You can hold out till BF, but you risk that people already bought stuff from Arturia and other developers and simply don't need your stuff anymore.

flori89 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:54 am
otristan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 am Black friday is black friday, not end of november.
That's not how it works. BF is a artificially created date that someone made up to drive sales. The problem is that on that date you are only one fish in the tank of a million and people might already have blown their budget. That's why we are seeing this beeing moved forward, first to black week, now to black month. It's just a logical conclusion at this point.

You can hold out till BF, but you risk that people already bought stuff from Arturia and other developers and simply don't need your stuff anymore.
I'm holding out for Black Year. \m/

"need"? You mean people only buy plugins they need? Who are these people and how can I develop their steely self-control?

flori89 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:54 am That's not how it works. BF is a artificially created date that someone made up to drive sales. The problem is that on that date you are only one fish in the tank of a million and people might already have blown their budget. That's why we are seeing this beeing moved forward, first to black week, now to black month. It's just a logical conclusion at this point.

Well it's not that artificial if you live in the US.
That's the day off between Thanksgiving and the week-end.
I tend to want to keep tradition but that's my opinion.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 am
flori89 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:54 am That's not how it works. BF is a artificially created date that someone made up to drive sales. The problem is that on that date you are only one fish in the tank of a million and people might already have blown their budget. That's why we are seeing this beeing moved forward, first to black week, now to black month. It's just a logical conclusion at this point.

Well it's not that artificial if you live in the US.
That's the day off between Thanksgiving and the week-end.
I tend to want to keep tradition but that's my opinion.
And why would you have a big sale EXACTLY on that day. That's about as natural as Santa Claus, sure at this point it's tradition, but it was made up artificially by a coporation to sell more products.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:06 pm
Yes, for the ones who know exactly what product they want. Like me, there's one very specific tool that I'm sure and I'll just wait for the deal since I don't want anything else. But for those who are just willing to shop and and spoil themselves with a cool new toy, this might be a pretty bad strategy from UVI as the shopper might go try something elsewhere and get it instead. Don't know, I'm light years from being a marketing strategist but not sure if that's the best idea...
Maybe some companies only care about $ over everything else, but other companies might be more interested in playing the long game of trying to attract long term customers, especially if like UVI, they have lots of libraries they can try to sell as well. If UVI follow the increasing trend of constant sales, they may generate more revenue in the short term by preying on people's GAS, but lose in the long term by not being able to up and or repeat sell to loyal customers who are genuinely interested and invested in their products/ecosystems.
Always Read the Manual!

their filter plugin look really intresting.. waiting for a sale

Return to “Instruments”