Fabfilter Volcano 3 Out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Volcano 3

shonky wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:07 am If you're not a pre-existing Fabfilter customer, pm me with your e-mail and I can get you an additional 10% referral discount.

Have asked before so sorry for spamming
you can message me as well :D

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 am For those who waited for the BF sale, it's here. :party:

I just upgraded for 28.61 EUR. :D
£24 for me, didn't even check the demo at that price :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

I haven’t tried it yet, but my first feeling is that it’s an upgrade to nothing judging from the update list.
A GUI overhaul will never be considered as an update to me, a reskinning at best...
I’ll read what people say about it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

After bmanics tip and Dan Woralls video about using Volcano3 more as a EQ, I tried that and actually like it that way too. Quite a contrast between the clean ProQ3. I definitely do not regret updating.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm I haven’t tried it yet, but my first feeling is that it’s an upgrade to nothing judging from the update list.
A GUI overhaul will never be considered as an update to me, a reskinning at best...
Variable drive per band (it being fixed was always a let down imo) and the new bell and shelf filters, allowing colourful EQ great additions imo, making it more than just a reskin. I would say that though because I generally like FF stuff and updates are cheap for me :ud:
Always Read the Manual!

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 am For those who waited for the BF sale, it's here. :party:

I just upgraded for 28.61 EUR. :D
There is nothing about a BF sale on their site ?

EDIT : Ignore that lol I just checked
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

PieBerger wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:55 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm I haven’t tried it yet, but my first feeling is that it’s an upgrade to nothing judging from the update list.
Variable drive per band (it being fixed was always a let down imo) and the new bell and shelf filters, allowing colourful EQ great additions imo, making it more than just a reskin. I would say that though because I generally like FF stuff and updates are cheap for me :ud:
Oh OK, thanks for this. I’ll try it then. :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Also existing filter algos have been improved, there's also new modulation options and level/pan per filter

Ploki wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:15 pm Also existing filter algos have been improved, there's also new modulation options and level/pan per filter
and oversampling, if that's something one needs/cares about
Always Read the Manual!

I just was waiting for upgraded algos for the distortion/drive :( oh well
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:31 pm I just was waiting for upgraded algos for the distortion/drive :( oh well
They are upgraded. They’re refined and sound better than in v2

I pulled the trigger on this, but haven't had time to use it yet. Just resized all the plugins to my screen and that was it lol
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

You did more than enough if you ask me. :hihi:

Does everyone have v3 presets? I only got a v2 folder

Kinh wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 am Does everyone have v3 presets? I only got a v2 folder
I have them (Windows 10)
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Effects”