Arturia V Collection 8.2 Up - M1, Faster, Better GUIs etc

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apple M1 compatibility
V Collection’s instruments can now run smoothly with native support for Apple’s next-generation M1 processors, ensuring flawless performance on the latest macOS machines. Check out our FAQ for more info.

More microtuning
Clavinet V, Stage-73 V, Piano V, and DX7 V now feature microtuning thanks to compatibility with ODDSound’s MTS-ESP, a versatile microtuning software utility designed with the help of Aphex Twin.

GUI & animation upgrade
We’ve upgraded the visual performance of all V Collection instruments using the JUCE 6 framework, meaning our 4K interfaces respond quickly and smoothly, no matter how hard you push them.

Preset loading
Presets from V Collection instrument’s factory libraries now load up to 2 x faster, meaning quicker sound switching, easier project navigation, and a smoother creative flow.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /update8_2
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Arturia make a long term commitment to their software. Another case in point.

Yup- there are plenty of other dev's would have charged for an update like that....I'm sat watching my 30 Arturia instruments update ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm Yup- there are plenty of other dev's would have charged for an update like that....I'm sat watching my 30 Arturia instruments update ;-)
Who would ....cough cough ... Waves ... cough cough ... IK Multimedia ... do such a thing ?! :neutral:

mcbpete wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm Yup- there are plenty of other dev's would have charged for an update like that....I'm sat watching my 30 Arturia instruments update ;-)
Who would ....cough cough ... Waves ... cough cough ... IK Multimedia ... do such a thing ?! :neutral:
They all charge for updates it just depends on where you are in the cycle. I've paid for Arturia updates on several occasions usually when I don't want to afford the cost to jump up to a new collection series. If I perceive value I don't mind the cost. What makes me happy is when generational improvements keep the product competitive sonically and / or graphically. Some vendors release, provide compatibility updates but don't otherwise evolve the product.

Well I got updates to newer versions with enhanced features without having updated to the newest collection. Most notably the Synclavier update some time ago. Finally I did upgrade to get the extra instruments as well... I wonder if V7 owners get the updated versions as well. It seems a good practice to do so, as thankful customers are more likely to get over the fence to upgrades...

Or complain about having to do it and repeatedly remind you they are doing it for free.
Bravo Arturia.
rsp
sound sculptist

Brilliant from Arturia. Thanks for the heads-up.

mcbpete wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm
Just saying, but IK just updated ST4 and Syntronik for free to M1 just now. So far they have updated three products to M1 now and not charged for any of those updates.

That said, I'm going to buy the V Collection now, because 199€ ist just to good to pass for this awesome collection.

Great, opened ASC and 30 updates waiting

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:09 pm Well I got updates to newer versions with enhanced features without having updated to the newest collection. Most notably the Synclavier update some time ago. Finally I did upgrade to get the extra instruments as well... I wonder if V7 owners get the updated versions as well. It seems a good practice to do so, as thankful customers are more likely to get over the fence to upgrades...
Sometimes you pay for an update with Arturia. I paid for updates for Jupiter 8V (V4), Stage 73 V, Piano V2 and Analog Lab 5. I wasn't on the latest collection when they updated them and they weren't automatically upgraded. As stated, it depends on what you own and other variables that Arturia decides. In Arturia's case if there is a fee is is usually around $10 to 20 USD and worth it in my opinion unless you are in a position to upgrade to the latest collection which I did this last Black Friday.

Lovely! FYI - Pigments has an M1 update too.

When I first opened the DX7 in Cubase it was the size of a battleship, but resize down from 200% works just fine.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I thought these features would be available in V9. Awesome, Arturia!

I get an error on installing Wurli V2. re-install, same problem. Does it work for other people?

Honestly this makes me want to buy the FX collection, not for the particulars of the effects themselves, but just to have a quality set of effects plugins that are this well supported and maintained. Arturia in 2021 feels like what Reason Studios used to be in the old days.

Return to “Instruments”