Studio One users... You staying or going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since the announcement of Fender buying Presonus are you staying or going? Wondering what would be different if a company similar to Verdane (reason) bought Presonus vs a actual music company in Fender.

Staying. Even if they change things for the worse: I probably can stick with my current license for the next couple of years. And can consider consequences without a hurry.

No need to speed up decisions.

Same here. I just updated to 5 from version 3. The state S1 is in now, it pretty much has all that I need and more so I figure I'm good for some time. Time will tell if this move was good or bad for S1 users, but it is way too early to jump to any conclusions.

I couldn't care less who owns who. It makes zero difference for me as a user.

Depends on if the developers are willing to code our requests or not, if they continue to add features we're not asking for I'm out. That's regardless who owns the company.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:22 pm Depends on if the developers are willing to code our requests or not, if they continue to add features we're not asking for I'm out. That's regardless who owns the company.
You are aware though that most of the features Presonus Software implement into Studio One are based on the most voted features requests on their answer base thingie though? For good or worse. :roll: Not sure when users became the authority on software design. Especially the ones who always ask the devs to build in half of Bitwig in any software.

:roll: Right, and that's why they implemented the Show page?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Unless it stops working I'll keep using it- works great now and I don't need it to do anything else so....

In fact they can strip 30% of the features out and I would still be happy, my main concern is the bloat being added by DAW manufacturers to justify 'update' charges.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:26 pm...Not sure when users became the authority on software design. Especially the ones who always ask the devs to build in half of Bitwig in any software.
It's to ensure "balance" in the world, as most Bitwig users also ask their devs to implement half of other DAWs in there :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Going... But then I've been going for a while, ever since I found Nuendo. YNMMV!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:26 pm
Especially the ones who always ask the devs to build in half of Bitwig in any software.
I had a look through the list you linked to and clicked "most voted" and am not seeing any Bitwig like requests. What Bitwig features did you have in mind that are being asked for in Studio One ?

If PreSonus suddenly offers Studio One, Life-Time Upgrades/Updates for $200... then probably going.

I'm not falling for that... again. (thanks, cakewalk/gibson) :dog:

trusampler wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:36 pm :roll: Right, and that's why they implemented the Show page?
That's why I said most, not all.

Sometimes they do have the most glorious own ideas. Like... implementing a "Show" page. :P

dellboy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:26 pm
Especially the ones who always ask the devs to build in half of Bitwig in any software.
I had a look through the list you linked to and clicked "most voted" and am not seeing any Bitwig like requests. What Bitwig features did you have in mind that are being asked for in Studio One ?
Just browse through a random DAW thread here, and you'll know.

Mostly it's the modulation stuff in Bitwig which is being asked to be implemented in DAW's. Actually, I even half way understand that, because, Bitwig really has some cool stuff in that regard.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Worst case scenario I’ll stick to 5 Artist until it doesn’t work any longer but it should be a few years before that. I’m hoping everything will be fine under the new Fender overlords.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”