Studio One users... You staying or going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was actually thinking of using Studio One more but stopping playing Fender Guitars ;-)

Kidding- My US Tele and P Bass are never going :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Even if the Fender acquisition turns out to be the death knell of Studio One, I don't see how that affects the current version I have installed on my computer. Maybe if/when I need to upgrade I'll switch, but I don't feel the need to buy the latest version of anything just because it's available (I know, I'm a "bad" consumer).

someone would leave a DAW they use and like, simply because a guitar company bought them, without them even announcing that anything would be changed? irrational behavior at its finest. lol

As far as I can see, the sky is still up there. Why would I make a decision to leave if nothing has changed?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

S1 is currently still in a pretty good shape, I still believe it's overall the best DAW, when you don't have a specific need. The next decision I'm going to make is when there is the next paid upgrade, let's see what that brings.

I will be staying (For now) but I geniuenly worry. Studio One is the best daw on the planet now, if you don't mind the dated GUI and you are handy at programming/scripting. Reaper definitely take the cake but for general mass, Studio One just can't be beat. The improvement from each iteration is huge.
I don't care how Fender ruin Presonus's hardware and how they milk them, as long as they don't touch Studio One dev team, I am staying or I will switch to Reaper as my main DAW.

If I were a Studio One user, I would not be concerned until there was evidence that I should be.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm If I were a Studio One user, I would not be concerned until there was evidence that I should be.
Amen.

Why do so many people always panic these days?

i dislike the acquisition so much, im buying it, just to leave it, to register my dislike of the acquisition!
i will also be buying and burning a strat.

I think I overeacted a bit. Will have to see how it plays out. I got an email from a manager at Fender (arizona location). I basically was concerned they just would be focusing on guitar users. He responded-
"I believe your assumption may be somewhat premature. The acquisition was only announced days ago and as I’m sure you can imagine, there is much work to be done.
I gather from your email that you believe Fender will shift it’s focus from one demographic to another, from producers and creators to just guitar players. Nothing could be further from the truth.
We fully intend to maintain the amazing relationships Presonus has with its exiting community, and, in that regard, there should be no cause for concern.

Where Fender sees an amazing opportunity, is in the same way that we saw it with Fender PLAY. Our intention is to introduce the world of music production and creation to a whole new legion of younger and newer players, to help them in the next step in their musical journey – namely recording, producing, and distributing their own music. What cause could possibly be more noble?

Tens of thousnads of kids who have learned to play guitar, bass and other instruments, already own an ipad with Garage Band on it and have no idea that with a few extra items, they could be recording and producing their own music, right in their bedrooms! Imaging the boon to the musical community if we could turn all these kids on to the thrill of sharing their music?"

What does that mean to everyone?

wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:44 pm I think I overeacted a bit. Will have to see how it plays out. I got an email from a manager at Fender (arizona location). I basically was concerned they just would be focusing on guitar users. He responded-
"I believe your assumption may be somewhat premature. The acquisition was only announced days ago and as I’m sure you can imagine, there is much work to be done.
I gather from your email that you believe Fender will shift it’s focus from one demographic to another, from producers and creators to just guitar players. Nothing could be further from the truth.
We fully intend to maintain the amazing relationships Presonus has with its exiting community, and, in that regard, there should be no cause for concern.

Where Fender sees an amazing opportunity, is in the same way that we saw it with Fender PLAY. Our intention is to introduce the world of music production and creation to a whole new legion of younger and newer players, to help them in the next step in their musical journey – namely recording, producing, and distributing their own music. What cause could possibly be more noble?

Tens of thousnads of kids who have learned to play guitar, bass and other instruments, already own an ipad with Garage Band on it and have no idea that with a few extra items, they could be recording and producing their own music, right in their bedrooms! Imaging the boon to the musical community if we could turn all these kids on to the thrill of sharing their music?"

What does that mean to everyone?
What a lot of people already said in the other "Fender bought Presonus" thread (did we really need another one). Fender is looking to expand their focus. Why would they completely change what Presonus does to focus on their existing customers. They are looking for new customers and can see that the future is with younger folks who record or produce music in their bedrooms. Fender knows they don't have the expertise, technology or infrastructure to do that but Presonus does. They have a good development team and they have a good hardware team. Fender wants to be involved in production for start to finish not just where the guitar or bass comes in.

That much should be obvious to people. The only real concern is can they actually execute that. I don't foresee much changing on the Presonus side. I can see them maybe focus more on production instead of live sound which has traditionally been Presonus' wheel house (live mixers, monitors etc).
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

You got an email reply by a manager?

Well... guess you can feel chosen by that. I usually get my emails replied by lower support workers.

Staying..and also have Cubase

After my initial knee-jerk reaction, I decided to stick it out. S1 isn't my main daw (Cubase is) so I'm willing to see what happens in the future. Worst case scenario is I drop S1 and pick up a backup daw. Best case scenario, and the more likely one, is they keep putting more features into S1, in which case I'd probably migrate from Cubase.
Yo.

Going? I will be the last one out, turning off the lights.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”