SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.10 update with Apple Silicon support and much more!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We as KV331 Audio are proud to announce the v2.9.10 update for our SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player software synthesizers. This free update brings native support for Apple Silicon Macs, major usability improvements and critical bug fixes.

Our registered users can download this latest update from our website

The new features in this update are as follows:

1. Native Support for Apple Silicon Macs: SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player now run natively on Apple Silicon Macs, provided that the DAW is running natively.
2. New Factory Presets: 150 new factory presets by NatLife, Yuli Yola and Selcuk Ergen are now added to SynthMaster’s factory library, increasing the presets count to 2000.
3. New Skins: All SynthMaster 2 iOS skins are now working inside SynthMaster 2. That adds 4 new skins to SynthMaster 2. SynthMaster Player’s skins are updated as well, they’re now in line with SynthMaster.
4. Keyboard and Velocity Zones: Each layer in SynthMaster 2 has now its own keyboard and velocity zones, letting the users to play different layers on different keyboard/velocity ranges.
5. Pitch Quantization using Scales: The pitches of Oscillators or Modulators can now be quantized using a user selected scale. This lets the pitch to stay in tune within that specific scale.
6. Larger Popup Windows for Arps, Sequencers and Multisegmented Envelopes: Due to the small areas allocated for Arps, Sequencers or Multisegmented Envelopes, editing those modules were challenging at times. With the introduction of popup windows, users can now press the zoom button to bring up the larger edit window(s) which take up the entire plugin window.
7. Sequencer Edit Modes: With the introduction of the “Edit Mode”, it is easier to edit steps for a Sequencer:
o Step: This mode is used to add rectangular steps (initial and final values are the same)
o Up: This mode is used add upward steps (initial value is always zero)
o Down: This mode is used to add downward steps (final value is always zero)
o Freehand: This mode allows the user to draw freehand shapes

v2.9.10 1920x1080.jpg

Aside from the new features, there are critical bug fixes in this update:

1. Voices termination algorithm is not working correctly for some presets
2. SynthMaster crashes when arpeggiator generates notes lower than MIDI Note 0
3. Switcing from basic/additive/vector types to wavetable types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster
4. Switcing from wavetable type to basic/additive/vector types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster VST AU AAX iOS Software synthesizer
5. SynthMaster crashes when playing a multisample that contains a region with an invalid wave file
6. SynthMaster crashes when license key file downloaded from KV331 Audio server contains invalid values
7. When a preset is saved under a sub folder under 'Presets' folder, the sub folder name should be interpreted as the bank name
8. SynthMaster doesn't display purchase status of products correctly
9. SynthMaster can not get access token for Google Cloud services
10. Arpeggiator continues recording notes after user switches from Record to Off state
11. In Mono Legato mode, oscillators/modulators don't reset phase/position correctly
12. ADSR Envelopes can generate out of bound outputs when envelope durations are very short
13. Presets using compressor effect with "Layer 1 Dry/Layer 2 Dry" sidechain might sound at different volume levels
14. When loading older presets, Sequencers with retrigger enabled are loaded as Global instead of Mono
15. FM doesn't work for Osc2 when Sync is turned on
16. Notes terminate before the envelope(s) complete release stage
17. SynthMaster doesn't filter incoming MIDI messages by channel number
18. Filter keytracking doesn't correctly glide in mono legato mode
19. Older presets with glide LFOs don't load correctly
20. When Arp view is in record mode, it instantly changes the arp mode to "Sequence"
21. SynthMaster crashes when a modulation amount is changed for a mod matrix entry which doesn't have any visible targets on the user interface
22. Layer voice stealing should be set to "Steal Released Notes" for older presets
23. Layer clipping should be turned off for older presets
24. When Layer 2 is bypassed when a note was playing, and it was turned on again, hanging notes occur

Thank you very much for your continued support folks!

Bulent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kv331 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

This is great news 😁
Works beautifully here on my Mac mini M1 and new 14” MacBook Pro

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:59 am This is great news 😁
Same here. Outstanding work, thanks a lot.

flori89 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:42 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:59 am This is great news 😁
Same here. Outstanding work, thanks a lot.
Thank you very much for your interest and nice messages.

Just released a tutorial video by our own Dr SynthLady, explaining the new features in v2.9.10 update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKJ5pO8z60
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi Guys,

I'm evaluating the demo of Synthmaster 2.9 in FL Studio 20. The UI is broken! When I click on buttons they do not get redrawn correctly, some buttons, like "Settings", "Matrix", seem to be unresponsive, I click on it and nothing happens. Eventually after 10,15 seconds the panel redraws.
Even with the fantastic sale you guys are running, I cannot figure out how would I be able to use your plug-in.

Is there some trick that you guys know to make Synthmaster 2.9 useable in FL Studio?

jocphx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm Is there some trick that you guys know to make Synthmaster 2.9 useable in FL Studio?
Hi, we'll try to reproduce this issue (haven't observed it on FLStudio so far on our end though). Are you on Windows or MacOS?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:06 pm
jocphx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm Is there some trick that you guys know to make Synthmaster 2.9 useable in FL Studio?
Hi, we'll try to reproduce this issue (haven't observed it on FLStudio so far on our end though). Are you on Windows or MacOS?
Windows 10

jocphx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm
Windows 10
Hi,

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this issue. Can you send us a video about this issue?

All the best
Gercek

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:23 am
jocphx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:43 pm
Windows 10
Hi,

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this issue. Can you send us a video about this issue?

All the best
Gercek
Hi Gercek, I appreciate you guys looking into this! I will try to shoot something with my phone, later. In the meantime I made a discovery. FLStudio ships with 4 executables, 2 are in 32 bit, 2 are in 64 bit. Of each bit arch. one version is marked as "(scaled)".
If I run the executable called FL64.exe, all sorts of crazy things happen in the UI.
If I run the executable called FL64 (scaled).exe, then the Synthmaster UI seems to work as expected.

I am still running a bunch of tests, but definitely things tend to go wrong much easier when running FL64.exe. As a matter of facts, yesterday I also experienced a FL Studio crash, when I replaced a sample during playback.

I will report the issue to Image Line.

jocphx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:34 pm
Hi Gercek, I appreciate you guys looking into this! I will try to shoot something with my phone, later. In the meantime I made a discovery. FLStudio ships with 4 executables, 2 are in 32 bit, 2 are in 64 bit. Of each bit arch. one version is marked as "(scaled)".
If I run the executable called FL64.exe, all sorts of crazy things happen in the UI.
If I run the executable called FL64 (scaled).exe, then the Synthmaster UI seems to work as expected.
Hi,

Thank you very much for giving more details to reproduce this issue! :hug: 2 further questions:

1. What is your screen resolution? Is it native resolution or is Windows scaling everything?
2. Which SynthMaster skin are you using?

Thanks!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 am
jocphx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:34 pm
Hi,

Thank you very much for giving more details to reproduce this issue! :hug: 2 further questions:

1. What is your screen resolution? Is it native resolution or is Windows scaling everything?
2. Which SynthMaster skin are you using?

Thanks!

Bulent
Hi,
my native screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 on a Asus laptop. There were all sorts of UI issues with many plug-ins, so I switched to 1920 x 1080. In both cases Scree Scale is set to 125%.
The skin is "Tranquil Blue XT".

Return to “Instruments”