All things pedal related.

August 2019 is the first KVR Guitar Month so here's a new forum for discussion of all things guitar!
User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4421 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from South Yorkshire

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Donner
Black Friday 20% OFF SITE-WIDE, Code:BF20
Guitar Effects: buy 2 get 1 free ,code:P1
https://idonner.eu/collections/guitar-effect-pedal
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4421 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from South Yorkshire

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Donner Special-Ⅰ Professional Passive DI-Box £16.80 with code BF20
SKU: EC1281
https://idonner.eu/products/donner-spec ... lanced-xlr
CUSTOM MADE LAB-S1 TRANSFORMER
The Donner LAB-S1 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is made even better with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
Image

Would it work in reverse for re-amping?
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86148 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 pm

should be fine, it's just wires acting as an adapter in a box.

although the xlr might be tricky to send out to, do you have something with xlrs as outputs? (only the jack's output on my audio interface)

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4421 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from South Yorkshire

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 pm
should be fine, it's just wires acting as an adapter in a box.

although the xlr might be tricky to send out to, do you have something with xlrs as outputs? (only the jack's output on my audio interface)
I have various XLR to TRS adapters. I would be using line out on TRS > cable > gender changer > DI.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86148 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:39 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 pm
should be fine, it's just wires acting as an adapter in a box.

although the xlr might be tricky to send out to, do you have something with xlrs as outputs? (only the jack's output on my audio interface)
I have various XLR to TRS adapters. I would be using line out on TRS > cable > gender changer > DI.
it should in theory be fine, it's passive so is basically adding an extra adapter in your chain. not sure there would be any point tbh?

User avatar
KVRAF
4295 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Updated the modular grid... I seem to be into distortions and delays :lol:

Image

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4421 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from South Yorkshire

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:58 am

Donner New Circle Looper Guitar Effect Pedal with Time Progress Bar Display Drum Machine
£43.5 £86.9912am UK
Discount Code: B24
https://idonner.eu/collections/guitar-e ... um-machine
Image
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
KVRAF
4295 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 pm

^^ Those Donner guys don't offer US adapters for their power supplies and stuff. I dunno how good they are but they are super cheap.

User avatar
KVRAF
12761 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 pm

cptgone wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 am
Rats! Literally. My Rat quest seems never ending (I first got a Poco Rat; then a 2nd one from b-stock, for my synths pedalboard; then JHS modded ones became available in Europe so I got one; then it turned out many clones sound better than the original from Poco; then Wampler released the mighty yet tiny Ratbane; and then...)
Sorry, no, don't do it. Invest in one with an LM308 or LM301. It's a completely different pedal without it. The Zendrive and Tim pedals are literally just modded Rats, and they don't sound Rat-like at all. It's all in the opamp.

User avatar
KVRAF
12761 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:53 pm
TC Electronic Wiretap Riff Recorder £24.99
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... gImdvD_BwE
Image
Want

User avatar
KVRAF
12761 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:20 pm
Would it work in reverse for re-amping?
Works. Radial recommends using active DI's since they don't change the sound as much. Behringer DI100 would probably be better. The DI100 is excellent.

User avatar
KVRAF
12761 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:15 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:58 am
Donner New Circle Looper Guitar Effect Pedal with Time Progress Bar Display Drum Machine
Does it sound good? I hate the sounds of the Digitech Trio, Digitech SDRUM, and MXR Clone Looper. The Clone Looper adds some weird digital noise, like static or something. It's absolutely awful. The Trio and SDRUM sound harsh and unpleasant, although they do work surprisingly well, all things considered.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86148 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:24 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 pm
The Noodlist wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:53 pm
TC Electronic Wiretap Riff Recorder £24.99
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... gImdvD_BwE
Image
Want
check the reviews, its supposedly a pain in the arse to actually use.
getting the files from it and such.

User avatar
KVRAF
12761 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm

vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:24 pm
check the reviews, its supposedly a pain in the arse to actually use.
getting the files from it and such.
Thanks! I'm not creative enough to need an idea recorder, anyway. ;)

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86148 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:50 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm
vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:24 pm
check the reviews, its supposedly a pain in the arse to actually use.
getting the files from it and such.
Thanks! I'm not creative enough to need an idea recorder, anyway. ;)
ah, its probably great if youre not recording anything...

:lol:

Return to “Guitars”