Arturia Black Friday 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:12 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 am
By any chance do you have Chorus Jun-6 in your account?
No, just the v8 Collection and Pigments.
Great, thanks.

jdoo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:55 am
Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 pm Just a question that's been bugging me, if you own Analog Lab, can you load presets/banks from Arturia synths you do not own?
Im pretty certain, IIRC - you can't open the instruments you dont have license for, so you can't access the 'File' menu to import individual instrument patches. You 'can' load Analog Lab presets.. and they may include combi's that include instrument patches for synths you don't own. But - you can't open those synths to edit the patches. Just like the existing AL patches - you can only edit from Analog Lab .. which is limited to what few controls are exposed for those patches within AL. Sounds confusing? It's not. You just can't load individual instrument presets where you don't own the instrument, into AL.

All that said... it kind of sucks -- because you have some of the best presets I have picked up over the years! I have your sets for Lush-101, Zebra2, Peak, and probably more. Contact Arturia - tell them.. your presets would help sell their instruments. :tu:

Cheers -

Joe
Thank you. Ok that is interesting. I am working on a pigments bank now. I wonder if I can save my pigments bank as analog lab presets so people who don’t own pigments can still use the presets.

If anyone has analog lab but does not own pigments and you’d like to help me test this, can you pm me? Thanks.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

elestud wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 am Bought Pigments 3 and it's incredibly, incredibly glitchy :( Moreso than I've seen from any other plugin in the past, and I have/use a ton of them.. Everything from free ones, to pretty heavy plugins with fairly dated interfaces, like Omnisphere. Never encountered anything like this.

I'm disappointed that I'm already diving into the waters of support after only 2 days.. And given what I'm seeing on their forums (multiple people posting the exact same issues that I have, with very few solutions given, and apparently not much help from support), I don't have high hopes that these issues have been/will be rectified. But at this point, I basically have no other choice.

Anyhow, be forewarned: it's possible that the current version of Pigments 3 comes with major issues (performance and otherwise). And I say this despite the fact that I really enjoyed both the sound of the synth and the way that it's laid out. I was really excited to use it more, and I'm bummed that it seems to be half-functional at best.
I bought Pigments when it first came out. I have never had any issues with it at all. On any on my systems.

When I go to the store in Analog Lab V the prices of the preset banks you can buy are crossed out yet next to the crossed out price it lists the exact same price as the price that was crossed out :help:

I was going to pick up the Prince tribute pack but now I think I’ll wait to see if they actually go on sale this week.

If I upgrade V7 to V8, do I own both? If yes, would I be able to sell V7?

BJ wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:24 am I was going to pick up the Prince tribute pack but now I think I’ll wait to see if they actually go on sale this week.
Not from Arturia, but this preset pack is nice, has a lot of Prince presets and it's in promo :)

https://reverbmachine.com/sounds/legend ... a-presets/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8GDil_deRg

memrise wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm If I upgrade V7 to V8, do I own both? If yes, would I be able to sell V7?
I don’t think so. That’s why it’s call an upgrade; it’ll be marked “can’t be sold separately”
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Nice 8.2 M1 update out if anyone is interested.

viewtopic.php?p=8276154
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Dencheg wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 pm
memrise wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm If I upgrade V7 to V8, do I own both? If yes, would I be able to sell V7?
I don’t think so. That’s why it’s call an upgrade; it’ll be marked “can’t be sold separately”
Quite - no resell. But technically you do own still v7, even if it's just a subset of v8. I only mention it because I still have v4 which has Spark in it, dropped in v5.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

darkogav wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 am
elestud wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 am Bought Pigments 3 and it's incredibly, incredibly glitchy :( Moreso than I've seen from any other plugin in the past, and I have/use a ton of them.. Everything from free ones, to pretty heavy plugins with fairly dated interfaces, like Omnisphere. Never encountered anything like this.

I'm disappointed that I'm already diving into the waters of support after only 2 days.. And given what I'm seeing on their forums (multiple people posting the exact same issues that I have, with very few solutions given, and apparently not much help from support), I don't have high hopes that these issues have been/will be rectified. But at this point, I basically have no other choice.

Anyhow, be forewarned: it's possible that the current version of Pigments 3 comes with major issues (performance and otherwise). And I say this despite the fact that I really enjoyed both the sound of the synth and the way that it's laid out. I was really excited to use it more, and I'm bummed that it seems to be half-functional at best.
I bought Pigments when it first came out. I have never had any issues with it at all. On any on my systems.
I bought it 2 years ago and the UI had tons of bugs with scaling and hiDPI on Windows. After a couple of emails with support I got a refund.

I bought it again on this BF and the scaling issues were resolved, but I found the UI performance to be mediocre even on my powerful PC. DSP performance was not great either.

Played with it for a couple of days and ended up selling it on Knobcloud. It's definitely a fun synth and can produce a wide range of timbres, but there are some workflow design decisions that I found frustrating. It's like Arturia is limiting Pigments on purpose.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:10 pm
BJ wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:24 am I was going to pick up the Prince tribute pack but now I think I’ll wait to see if they actually go on sale this week.
Not from Arturia, but this preset pack is nice, has a lot of Prince presets and it's in promo :)

https://reverbmachine.com/sounds/legend ... a-presets/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8GDil_deRg
That looks interesting thanks for the suggestion.

nvm

So been trying to resist the $69 offer for FX Collection 2. Might eventually get it because of FOMO, but until then a question for those that own it: What according to you are the standouts in this collection that are better than the competition?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:08 pm So been trying to resist the $69 offer for FX Collection 2. Might eventually get it because of FOMO, but until then a question for those that own it: What according to you are the standouts in this collection that are better than the competition?
do you own any of the plugins in this collection? beside the freebies...

WasteLand wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:23 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:08 pm So been trying to resist the $69 offer for FX Collection 2. Might eventually get it because of FOMO, but until then a question for those that own it: What according to you are the standouts in this collection that are better than the competition?
do you own any of the plugins in this collection? beside the freebies...
Only the Chorus Jun-6, but that's isn't influencing this crossgrade price if that's what you wanted to know.

Return to “Instruments”