Easy Listening Folk - Copper Lake - Dreams

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a rough, I need to add variations and especially in the case of the drums. Also I felt maybe I could add an electric bass tastefully applied. It'd be a delicate balance and frankly simplistic so to fit the fluidity.

Furthermore, like I will add some plucks and strums in certain parts accompanied by a few well placed hand noises and churks for emphasis of certain moments. Likely I'll add some pauses in the guitar too.

https://youtu.be/xma99Lkf3kE

Perhaps I may add brown noise in the bg of the vocal to emphasize a natural mystique to the recording, giving it an intimate and live effect. There's nothing as nice sounding as brown noise at - 60 dbfs and it does magic to the effect of quietness. Almost a deadpan effect that consumes silence and creates almost humid night summer air's effect.

I made this track using various dspplug plug-ins, including the free The Norm ffmpeg normalizer that you use with a wav file and in a folder. Just double click caller.bat and it perfectly normalizes your vocals. Make sure to de-noise first, I used rx7. I find RNnoise de-esses and causes some dissonance in the voice at time, and the ability to make out words is hampered as a result.

This track is about following your dreams.

This is where your voice shines. Lower the volume on the lead voice and it will be fine.
Rock and that kind of staccato singing does not suit your voice.
(It's my opinion and it could be wrong.) :tu:

Hmm, thanks. I appreciate your feedback. I will atempt to reduce the volume a bit and play around with it.

Return to “Music Cafe”