A Tantra 2 video overview

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

If you are interested in Tantra 2 but not sure what it’s about or how it works, check out this video:

https://youtu.be/wKL1VD7mm9o

I really like it, and you may too.

With my existing Tantra loyalty upgrade code, and my PA voucher I was able to save on the new version deeply. Both codes work at once.

Great job Dmitry! Thanks for a great plugin.

I was expecting something different.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I think the majority here said it wasn't an improvement and tbh that GUI is just awful. And for the price PA were offering it, nah i'll wait months down the line for a 29.99 offer, or it won't be coming here.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Nice tutorial, thanks.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 am I think the majority here said it wasn't an improvement and tbh that GUI is just awful. And for the price PA were offering it, nah i'll wait months down the line for a 29.99 offer, or it won't be coming here.
I was feeling the same way about the UI, but it’s easier to use to me? YMMV of course. The plain-ness of the UI i can overlook for the speed it’s offering. I do feel you though. The original UI is beautiful.

Would a comparison video be desired here? I have both versions.

grymmjack wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 pm Would a comparison video be desired here? I have both versions.
Yes definitely.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

grymmjack wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:48 pm With my existing Tantra loyalty upgrade code, and my PA voucher I was able to save on the new version deeply. Both codes work at once.
I didn't see a way to input two voucher codes.
Do they care if I use someone else's voucher?

Musical Gym wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:37 am I didn't see a way to input two voucher codes.
I don’t know. I feel like I’ve shared my unused vouchers before and have used shared ones with me for sure before.

LeVzi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 am
grymmjack wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 pm Would a comparison video be desired here? I have both versions.
Yes definitely.
OK I will put one together.

grymmjack wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:26 am
Musical Gym wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:37 am I didn't see a way to input two voucher codes.
I don’t know. I feel like I’ve shared my unused vouchers before and have used shared ones with me for sure before.
Vouchers are shareable. I may be able to use the crossgrade voucher for the product and a loyalty voucher for the cart...not sure.

LeVzi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 am
Yes definitely.
+1

From change log:

version 2.0:
  • Redesigned user interfaces
  • Added new "intelligent" randomizer
  • Added new filter models
  • Added native Apple Silicon architecture support
  • Added multi-core layer processing option
  • Added global playback speed control
  • Added modulator shift left/right options
  • Plugin Data folder can be relocated on Windows now
  • Added various optimizations, improvements and fixes
  • Added VST3 plugin format
  • Factory Expansion 1, 2 and 3 added to the factory presets library
  • Dropped 32bit support for both Windows and Mac
I will still probably create the video but this should suit for comparison. I actually find new v2 UI a lot easier to understand but miss the skin of v1. That design is sick. Bummer they did not get to keep/reuse.

Things I did note missing in v2 not mentioned in list above:

v1 Phase meter not present in v2
v1 Sequence randomizer options missing in v2 (maybe intelligent randomizer replaced)
v1 Global Modulation Matrix Bypass button
Last edited by grymmjack on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Musical Gym wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:36 am
grymmjack wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:26 am
Vouchers are shareable. I may be able to use the crossgrade voucher for the product and a loyalty voucher for the cart...not sure.
That is what I did.

Thanks for voucher info, will try after I get another voucher.
I think I may have noticed Factory Expansions preset names from v1 in v2.
Are they the same? If so, do they load and sound the same?

Return to “Effects”