Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 am Why does Zenology Pro load so slowly whereas legendary instruments load instantaneously? I am using Logic on an M1 Mac.
Indeed. When you load the first instance of the plugin in the DAW you get the spinning wheel for a good 20sec. It's terrible and consequently I have to think twice before loading it. A shame because Zenology Pro is such a great package with all the versatile (and iconic) sounds that Roland is known for.

I'd understand the long load time of Zen Pro if RC had to authorize it. However, RC authentication is done once in 30 days nowadays. There is no reason for Zen Pro to take this much time to load when there's no need for authentication. All my other soft instruments load in a blink of an eye, and I have a lot of instruments.

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:06 am I'd understand the long load time of Zen Pro if RC had to authorize it. However, RC authentication is done once in 30 days nowadays. There is no reason for Zen Pro to take this much time to load when there's no need for authentication. All my other soft instruments load in a blink of an eye, and I have a lot of instruments.
I would say that's because it is loading samples into RAM. Don't know if that's the case because I hardly use it.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:23 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:06 am I'd understand the long load time of Zen Pro if RC had to authorize it. However, RC authentication is done once in 30 days nowadays. There is no reason for Zen Pro to take this much time to load when there's no need for authentication. All my other soft instruments load in a blink of an eye, and I have a lot of instruments.
I would say that's because it is loading samples into RAM. Don't know if that's the case because I hardly use it.
I don't think that's the reason. The total sample size of Zenology including all the EXZ expansions is a small fraction of that of, say, Garritan CFX, which loads much, much faster than Zenology on my M1 Mac.

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 pmI don't think that's the reason. The total sample size of Zenology including all the EXZ expansions is a small fraction of that of, say, Garritan CFX, which loads much, much faster than Zenology on my M1 Mac.
Yeah, you're right. It's too long (of a delay) for that to be the reason. What it could be doing is verifying that you're authorized to use each and every expansion, and preset pack, before it finally opens.

I don't know when I first mentioned this, but it must've been about a year ago now. The delay is big enough that this part of the code should be considered broken by Roland.. Unless the goal is to put people off using the software because it takes so long to complete launching..

It takes my system 20 secs to open Zenology, 13 secs to open Kontakt. If you’re about to play around for a couple of hours is it that big a deal?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I'll be traveling later today through Sunday for the holiday, so I'll be responding to questions early next week, but I wanted to stop by to let you know about these two fantastic new patch collections that we've released.

JUNO-60 Basses, Pads, and Arpeggios by Alin Dimitriu

From November 23rd to December 7th, Test Drive the JUNO-60 Software Synthesizer and our JUNO-60 Basses, Pads, and Arpeggios patch collection for free with a Roland Account! Simply log into Roland Cloud Manager and install the JUNO-60 plugin and "Basses, Pads, and Arpeggios" from your library.

Esteemed sound designer Alin Dimitriu doesn’t disappoint with this encyclopedic collection of tones for the JUNO-60 plug-in. Both contemporary and classic, the sounds of these growling basses, heaving pads, and heavenly arpeggios will bring life and color to songs in any genre.

https://rolandcloud.com/news/now-availa ... -arpeggios

PROMARS Early Synth Pop by INHALT

From November 23rd to December 7th, Test Drive the PROMARS Software Synthesizer and our PROMARS Early Synth Pop patch collection for free with a Roland Account! Simply log into Roland Cloud Manager and install the PROMARS plugin and "Early Synth Pop" from your library.

Revel in monophonic majesty with this tantalizing collection of retro synth pop tones by sound designer and musician INHALT. Great for leads and bass, these PROMARS patches run the gamut from beautiful to bombastic while channeling the flare of the late ’70s and early ’80s.

https://rolandcloud.com/news/promars-ea ... -now-avail

Have a great Turkey Day, y'all. Thanks!

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:02 pm It takes my system 20 secs to open Zenology, 13 secs to open Kontakt. If you’re about to play around for a couple of hours is it that big a deal?
I know it's meant to replicate a workstation keyboard, but maybe replicating the boot time is taking it a bit too far? ;)

If every plugin took that long to launch it'd create a not-so-good experience, so I don't think it's something Roland should get to ignore. Eventually, some portion of users will lean towards alternatives simply because they don't take so long to launch. I think the longest it's kept me waiting might be upwards of 30 secs.. (And Cubase is programmed such that it's "locked up" that entire time.. )

I experience long loading times with all Arturia products. Arturia have told me that this is directly related to the amount of presets. Something they hope to fix at some point. You can bet that my Arturia products are the least used.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I cancelled my Roland Cloud subscription because I kept getting too many "you are not connected to "Roland Cloud" messages. These were happening FAR more frequently than every 30 days. In fact I was unable to use my Roland Cloud plugins every other day. I tried logging in and out of my account (starting with the log out option without Roland Cloud Manager and then logging back into the browser website (which is in and of itself an insane way of doing things).

I like Zenology Pro and especially that I have access to all the XV-5080 expansion sets if I am willing to pay $20 per expansion. But this ongoing online "check-in" nonsense (when all I want to do is buy lifetime licenses for the plugins) is a MAJOR turn off.

I'm not coming back.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Roland says the slow loading time of ZENOLOGY is due to the fact that all the presets need to be loaded. I understand. However, Arturia's Analog Lab, which has way more presets than ZENOLOGY, loads in less than 5 seconds on my M1 Mac. Fortunately, I haven't had connections/authorization issues, so overall I'm happy with RC.

Chrisk-K wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:33 pm Roland says the slow loading time of ZENOLOGY is due to the fact that all the presets need to be loaded. I understand. However, Arturia's Analog Lab, which has way more presets than ZENOLOGY, loads in less than 5 seconds on my M1 Mac. Fortunately, I haven't had connections/authorization issues, so overall I'm happy with RC.
Yeah. Overall (on the positive side) once loaded Zenology is not sluggish in use - the preset switching tends to be much smoother, than something like HALion, for example, and it doesn't skip a beat as it switches between the various models. This bit of the code is actually very well done by Roland.

Likewise, GUI recall time (closing the instrument window, then re-opening it) generally takes under 2 seconds - where many similar instruments (EG Korg's Triton) can take much longer to bring their GUI back.

But, as you correctly say, there's other intruments with as many (or more) presets which don't have those sorts of initial launch times. So hopefully they'll figure out how to improve it at some point.. :)

ROLAND CLOUD IS BY FAR THE WORST PLUGIN I HAVE EVER USED OUT OF HUNDREDS. WORKED FOR LITERALLY ONE DAY THEN STARTED GETTING RCM AUTHORIZATION ERROR, CLOUD COMPLETELY STOPPED OPENING WOULD DOUBLE CLICK AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN (NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE IN MY 30 YEARS OF USING COMPUTERS), STUCK IN DEMO, NO PRESETS LOADING ON TOP OF TAKING FOREVER TO LOAD. LIKE IT IS EMBARRASSING THERE ARE 247 PAGES AND 3,000 PLUS COMMENTS ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THIS PRODUCT IS. THEY SHOULD REMOVE IT AND ISSUE REFUNDS UNTIL THEY GET IT RIGHT. THE DEVELOPERS SHOULD BE BLACKLISTED FROM THE INDUSTRY FOR ACTUALLY THINKING THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE PLUGIN WAS UP TO RELEASE STANDARDS. FOR REAL GO CHOKE ON TURKEY ROLAND CLOUD DEVELOPERS.ULTIMATE USER, YEAH MORE LIKE WOULD ULTIMATELY RATHER OFF MY SELF THEN USE ROLAND CLOUD.

It's 'Roland' not 'ROLAND'
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

For real people AVOID ROLAND PLUGINS like the plague. Money is much better spent going with Arturia or Korg plugins. Literally any analog emulations that make sound are better than Roland.

I'm assuming that is a weak attempt at trolling. ROLAND is the same as Roland.But incase you are not that bright, I intentionally capitalized my whole post to convey frustration/shouting. You can grammatically capitalize a word, sentence or name to add emphasis or to convey shouting. That is an actual literary style/voice. Adding a link is pointless at this time. Don't have time for this though, MUTE.

Return to “Instruments”