Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Send me a pm for used :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Nexus 3 hasn't even been out very long and they're already moving on to 4 :bang: ,I just bought Nexus 3 a couple months ago, now they want to hit me up for 99 bucks again?? OMFG....

And on top of that, the two newest expansions they just released are only usable on Nexus 4, so you're forced to pay the upgrade to nexus 4 in order to use new expansions.

I'm at a loss for words.

I saw here on KVR several good deals on Nexus 3 + Exp, but it depends on what genre do you need. Nexus 3 is fast and easy tool to add some goodies to your arrangement.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 am Stan Navi: Agree. Now it feels more of a shock than surprise. Not sure if people were even looking forward to or are bothered about the changes.

I want to buy Nexus but not sure if I should buy Nexus3 (used) or buy Nexus3 used and Upgrade to Nexus4, or just buy Nexus4 directly from reFX. There's no sale on the Starter unfortunately. Perhaps buying Starter + some discounted Expansions together might be better deal if I could keep it under $399. Still a bit too steep.

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:39 am I saw here on KVR several good deals on Nexus 3 + Exp, but it depends on what genre do you need. Nexus 3 is fast and easy tool to add some goodies to your arrangement.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 am Stan Navi: Agree. Now it feels more of a shock than surprise. Not sure if people were even looking forward to or are bothered about the changes.

I want to buy Nexus but not sure if I should buy Nexus3 (used) or buy Nexus3 used and Upgrade to Nexus4, or just buy Nexus4 directly from reFX. There's no sale on the Starter unfortunately. Perhaps buying Starter + some discounted Expansions together might be better deal if I could keep it under $399. Still a bit too steep.
Yeah, I am in touch with the sellers. Since Nexus4 is out now I want to make sure I start with the latest especially since I don't own Nexus3 yet. So trying to see the best way to get there. The 10 latest Expansions deal is not great as most of those Expansiosn are not for me.

It's a poor deal.

First, it's a point update through and through. Something about the "enter the fourth dimension" blurb really irritates me - it's just a handful of refinements, not the second - or fourth - coming.

Second, the main value in it is 260 presets - not "free", that's essentially what the update actually is. Most banks are 120-150 presets, so it's sorta 1 2/3rd expansions. At Christmas rates - which they now are - an expansion in the UK costs £45. So purely on presets - and assuming they're useful to you and who knows - that's worth about £75. Nexus 4 - UK price - is £89. So even on this criteria, it doesn't represent value, though it's edging close to sorta break-even if you factor in a handful of tweaks to the player itself.

Third, compared to the colossal leap between N2 and N3 - whose upgrade cost was the same - this looks positively impoverished.

Fourth, VPS Avenger is now revitalised, renewed, Codemeter-free and full of life. Since it covers almost all of Nexus' ground and infinitly more besides, it makes a whole lot more sense to back that particular horse going forward.

reFX are notorious at ignoring (or worse) customers who complain, so there's zero point in petitioning them. The thing to do is obvious - just don't buy into it. Yet. I'll be more than happy to wait a year for a better deal. Or if they find they have single-digit upgraders or anything - what they COULD do is revitalise their Christmas expansion with a really bumper crop, and make it N4 only. That could persuade a few.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

new:

Front panel
The reverbs gained a "shimmer" effect.
Output scope is now synced.
Added new spectrum analyzer.
Added new spectrum analyzer (bars).
Added new spectrogram.
Added new vector scope.
Added new stacked spectrum analyzer.
The skins can now be selected from the three-dot menu.
Hovering over your avatar reveals sync state and statistics.
Your avatar now has a sync and online indicator.

Librarian
The search-field works for folders too now.
Folders can be added to favorites.
Folders are separated by headers, for a clearer overview.
The librarian has a history now, so if you get lost, you can go back easily.
The results are also separated by headers now, when sorted by category.
The preview on/off toggle is now next to it's volume dial, for quicker access.
The tag-display has been modernized.

Arpeggiator
The arpeggiator gained an fully interactive, zoomed out overview at the top.
A new option to "follow" has been added, so when zoomed in it follows the playback.
New editing options have been added (duplicate).

Modulation
The LFOs gained a view of their current shape and output value.
The Mod-matrix sources can now be "shaped" for more accurate control.
The Mod-matrix sources fields are now wider, allowing to read macro-names.

Effects
Effects can now be re-arranged by drag'n'drop.
Added "glitch" FX.
Added "ott" compressor FX.
Added "magnetic" insert FX.
Added "noise" insert FX.
Added "razor" insert FX.
Added a fifth insert FX slot.
The whole FX chain can be saved and loaded.
Each effect has a small set of presets, serving as starting points.

System
NEXUS has never been faster and better!
Preset loading times and CPU performance have been vastly improved.

Instance
Added option for "arp-sync". Defines how the arp plays when releasing all keys.
Added "microtuning" option with lots of presets. Can also load any .scl file your throw at it.

Preferences
Added "unbounded" mouse, which allows adjustments even for values close to screen edges.

Presets:
adds 260 new factory presets, which equals 2 expansion packs alone
Automatically store your favorites, bookmarks, user presets, and settings in the cloud.
Getting back your content when installing NEXUS4 on a new computer has never been easier.

more improvements under the hood, so that the new expansions can be even better and more complex

https://refx.com/nexus/version/

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:06 am
Does having any Nexus3 Expansions reduce the upgrade price of Nexus4? Or $99 is flat upgrade price irrespective of any Expansions?

afaik, its the fixed update price, yes.
Of course your N3 expansions will still work in N4

I still have my nexus2 license but im worried with 2 things

Will it stop working in june 2022?
auto uploading presets in N4 is unacceptable
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There’s no upgrade price from version 2 to 4 on the website? Looks like I have to begin with the starter pack as a minimum?? Anyone confirm?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:20 am afaik, its the fixed update price, yes.
Of course your N3 expansions will still work in N4
Thank you.

m-ac wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:29 am Are they seriously trying to charge us again just 12 months after paying for the update to V3 and for what, OTT in the effects and an arp timeline overview that I've never heard a single person request? :help:
Is the upgrade from v3 to v4 mandatory?

Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:30 am auto uploading presets in N4 is unacceptable
What's that? Does it upload our own presets and share them with others? Or just upload them for cloud backup or something?

X86 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:31 am Nexus 3 hasn't even been out very long and they're already moving on to 4 :bang: ,I just bought Nexus 3 a couple months ago, now they want to hit me up for 99 bucks again?? OMFG....

And on top of that, the two newest expansions they just released are only usable on Nexus 4, so you're forced to pay the upgrade to nexus 4 in order to use new expansions.

I'm at a loss for words.

You're not forced to buy anything...

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:40 am You're not forced to buy anything...
Isn't it amazing that people have to be told that? :lol:

Talking about to be at a loss of words...

Return to “Instruments”