Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

It's all in the title... Which would you go for?

Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

Arturia V8 Collection for €199
or
IKMultimedia Syntronik 2 Max for €149.99

What's the peoples thoughts?

which would you buy if they were full price?

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:52 pm which would you buy if they were full price?
Well statistically you get a lot more in syntronik 2 max than v8 and even when prices return to normal V8 would be twice the price of syntronik 2 max and 1/2 the stuff...

But the V8 collection is modeled and I think syntroniks stuff is all sample based like uvi's synth anthology 3....

This be why I asking the people for their advice...

VC8. Next question, please. :D

VC8 by a gigantic margin. I have VC8 and Syntronik. Syntronik has some cool sounds, but it's basically a super simple rompler with only a few editing capabilities.

IK Multimedia Syntronik is nothing else but sample player, hence huge gigabytes download.
Arturia creates virtual representations of analogue synths that are more true to originals.
Stay away from IK if you want the real deal

Not even in the same ball park,

Syntronik is 1 VST, its a Romper with with very limited ability to change the sampled sounds (you can just layer them, filter them and modulate them)

V8 is 30 separate VSTs with dedicated GUIS and Controls, circuit models synths from east coast to west coasts, keyboards (pianos, mellotrons, Rhodes) to vocoders....with every original control available to tweak! You 'also' get the Lab as a master GUI for layering the individual plugs and finding sounds from all of the separate VSTs etc.

V8 Obviously...over just about anything- well worth the full price.
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:13 pm VC8 by a gigantic margin. I have VC8 and Syntronik. Syntronik has some cool sounds, but it's basically a super simple rompler with only a few editing capabilities.
That would change a lot with V2, there are a lot more editing capabilites now. They still don't model the orginals but you know have a bunch of oscillators, envelopes etc.

So in S2 you could now mix a Jupiter 8 with a Microwave and run the result through a Moog filter. Now that's nothing that you might want if you want to stick as close as possible to the original, opens up interesting options though.

That said, they are really two very different approaches, if you want presets that you can't tweak much you can also go for S2 & Analog Lab V. Then you get basically both :)

flori89 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:30 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:13 pm VC8 by a gigantic margin. I have VC8 and Syntronik. Syntronik has some cool sounds, but it's basically a super simple rompler with only a few editing capabilities.
That would change a lot with V2, there are a lot more editing capabilites now. They still don't model the orginals but you know have a bunch of oscillators, envelopes etc.
They are still just samples of the oscillator sounds from the synths though, so nothing you can't do with any sampler (which will normally have envelopes, lfo, filter etc)...you cant 'really' change the sounds much and all of the graphic GUIs for the different synths are basilcay just the same 'sampler' controls laid out differently over a different GUI....I think you actually get more control options if you load those samples in SampleTank?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

V8......Lots of new things coming

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:34 pm
flori89 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:30 pm
They are still just samples of the oscillator sounds from the synths though, so nothing you can't do with any sampler (which will normally have envelopes, lfo, filter etc)...you cant 'really' change the sounds much and all of the graphic GUIs for the different synths are basilcay just the same 'sampler' controls laid out differently over a different GUI....I think you actually get more control options if you load those samples in SampleTank?
I mean you can load up to four different oscillator sounds + 2 sub oscillators and run those through a filter of your choosing with 4 envelopes (amp, pitch, filter, user) and assign multiple LFOs in a modulation matrix.

That's not as extensive as some of the old synths they sampled, but more then my Modal Cobalt 8 has and there you can alter the sound a lot.

While I checked this again: It looks to me that you can't mix the waveforms of different synths, that least that's what Erik says in the video. If that is the case, that's a massive missed opportunity. I'm going to ask peter about that.

Well I just installed Syntronic 2 CS (free)... Plugin keeps crashing lol... Classic IKMultiMedia...
For the time it stays working, it doesn't sound too bad, but it doesn't have any of the new v2 content in the CS edition, so I have no idea if MAX is any good. UVI's is probably a better deal from a stability, gui/ui design, company and more feature wise point of view...

V8 is looking like the better option then...

MegaPixel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm Well I just installed Syntronic 2 CS (free)... Plugin keeps crashing lol... Classic IKMultiMedia...
For the time it stays working, it doesn't sound too bad, but it doesn't have any of the new v2 content in the CS edition, so I have no idea if MAX is any good. UVI's is probably a better deal from a stability, gui/ui design, company and more feature wise point of view...

V8 is looking like the better option then...
Yea I feel that is a missed opportunity. They should have put something into CS so you can really demo the new functions. Something that really pushes the options.

I still kind of regret getting almost all Syntronik synths with that crazy group buy. Though the one Sampletank pack I paid for was ok. Its not even worth the hard drive space Syntronik occupies vs. the Arturia collection… I am simply not a preset junkie…

Arturia V8
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”