RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Excellent reference, thank you BluGenes!

So, one of these, right?:

FF 06 len text Marker
Normally in a format 0 track, or the first track in a format 1 file. The name of that point in the sequence, such
as a rehearsal letter or section name ("First Verse", etc.)

FF 07 len text Cue Point
A description of something happening on a film or video screen or stage at that point in the musical score
("Car crashes into house", "curtain opens", "she slaps his face", etc.)

RC omits chord analysis when chord names are written as MIDI markers in MIDI files. Not sure which software can do that, other than Scaler and RapidComposer.

I apologize that the subject is still substantially opaque to me. I'll try to ask some hopefully very simple yes/no questions.

Q1: By "MIDI marker" Attila, do you mean a 'FF 06 len text Marker' message embedded in an incoming (to RC) MIDI file (SMF)?

Q2: Scaler writes such messages into SMFs which it exports?

Q3: RC writes such messages into SMFs which it exports?

Q4: By "omits chord analysis" do you mean that the actual notes in the SMF tracks are ignored by RC at import time in favor of the detected MIDI marker labels, which are then used to populate RC's chord track?

BTW, I have Scaler, which is an excellent program. If these changes are about enhancing interoperabiity between RC and Scaler, I think that's great!

sj1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 pm If these changes are about enhancing interoperabiity between RC and Scaler, I think that's great!
It does exactly that. Another win for RC! :clap:

Possible bug in v4.3b14

Whe using the * key to duplicate a track that has a vsti loaded.
- The track does not duplicate
- RC hangs

This is not a problem where soundfonts are used and I've tried different vstis.

Cheers.
Mike.

Not sure if I missed something related to mouse wheel scrolling. Just updated to v4.3b14 and I have 1 track with a guitar vst and I entered 8 chords in the master track. Then I drag and drop a generator onto the track, does not make a difference of what I drag into the track. When I try to scroll the piano up or down it does not make a difference, the phrases always seem to drop down out of sight and even if I try to scroll up to make the phrases visible they always drop below out of sight. Seems to be something wrong with scrolling. Is this a known bug in Windows 10? Is there a setting I might be missing? Thanks!

Clicking on a phrase also seems to make the phrase jump up an octave or two.

Scrolling the scrollbar on the right side of the window changes the keyboard range - for example, now I have B18, C19, not sure what is going on but RC scrolling seems broken in v4.3b14.

RC Keyboard 4.3b14
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

I'm experiencing Track and Phrase windows very often opening behind the main window (and thus invisible) rather than on top of it. (Windows version)

I'm also observing this with the 'Composition Changed' dialog at close time, which behavior comes across as RC refusing to close. (Actually though, it will close when/if you find the hidden dialog and deal with it.)
Last edited by sj1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q: Is there a way to have the information on tracks from imported MIDI files go onto existing tracks (overwrite) in the Composition on a per-MIDI-channel basis?

IOW, in my composition I have defined tracks and instrument on those tracks and each is associated with a MIDI channel. Say for example I have set up my Bass Instrument on CH 1 on Track 1. I want the incoming CH 1 info (notes) from the MIDI file to be put onto Track 1, thus using my Bass instrument definition (etc.) w/o redefinition being required.

The goal is to load a template (e.g. tracks set up as a Jazz band) and then load a MIDI file "right into" that template and be ready to go.

+1 I totally agree, it was very correct.

sj1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:41 pm Q1: By "MIDI marker" Attila, do you mean a 'FF 06 len text Marker' message embedded in an incoming (to RC) MIDI file (SMF)?
Yes.
sj1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:41 pmQ2: Scaler writes such messages into SMFs which it exports?
Yes.
sj1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:41 pmQ3: RC writes such messages into SMFs which it exports?
Yes.
sj1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:41 pmQ4: By "omits chord analysis" do you mean that the actual notes in the SMF tracks are ignored by RC at import time in favor of the detected MIDI marker labels, which are then used to populate RC's chord track?
Yes.
I am so positive today :)
The hardware accelerated UI on macOS works like a charm! Expect a new beta version soon.
First I'll address the bugs you have reported here...

Yes, indeed. Thanks Mike, it is fixed now.
Attila
Mykyndryd_ wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm Whe using the * key to duplicate a track that has a vsti loaded.
- The track does not duplicate
- RC hangs

Return to “MusicDevelopments”