Questions for Nexus 3 owners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

--
Seems upgrade price fixed on reFX site now.
Last edited by phreaque on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nope, directly from refX and all good now thankfully, I'll delete that message as in fact the discount on offer was phenomenal

phreaque wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:51 am --
Yep, I noticed that as well when upgrading earlier. I got a ticket to ask them about my personal upgrade and they got back immediately, fantastic service from reFX and yes, if your a nexus 3 owner I'm sure you'll get a great deal!

DJJD2021 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:17 am
Yep, I noticed that as well when upgrading earlier. I got a ticket to ask them about my personal upgrade and they got back immediately, fantastic service from reFX and yes, if your a nexus 3 owner I'm sure you'll get a great deal!
Could one of you please tell me the upgrade price from Nexus3 to Nexus4?

$99

JonSolo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:45 am$99
Thanks. Unbelievable price for what could have been a point update.

edit: wrong forum

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:56 am
Thanks. Unbelievable price for what could have been a point update.
Agree, what an rip off.

I agree.

It's a shame really. I really like the direction Nexus 3 went, and the new refinements - tiny though they are - look good too. But everyone can see this looks shoddy, and I strongly suspect Manuel could see it coming a mile off.

Combined with Avenger 1.8, it now feels like a much clearer direction of travel, away from Nexus. reFX look like they're trying to lock people into annual insubstantial updates, and keep a closed proprietary format, all the opposite of Avenger which - oh yeah - has an excellent full synth thrown in. One of Nexus' selling points was the quality of the designers - well that's not unique any more. Also - still weirdly to me - Avenger's implementation of the recent Hollywood Piano looks as good or better than Nexus', which supposedly has a better multisample engine.

Pretty much the only positive left for Nexus over Avenger is a lighter CPU hit. That's it.

reFX Mike doesn't do discussion or accept criticisms, so we'll just have to see how this turns out for them in the long run. If few buy the newer expansions, their business model will look very shaky. That could yet force a rethink, longer term.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

As usual, always buy with what you earn from music. Then is pretty clear what worth the price and what not

Really? I got it for far less. I think in USD it'd be like 55, although I did get nexus 3 with 12 expansions in the past

DJJD2021 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:17 pm
Really? I got it for far less. I think in USD it'd be like 55, although I did get nexus 3 with 12 expansions in the past
Wow, you're lucky... My update price is $99 US. I don't understand the difference in update pricing. I originally bought Nexus 2 many years ago, then upgraded to Nexus 3 around the release date and I have about 30 expansions.

When did you purchase Nexus 3?

Are you trolling? Are you saying your upgrade price was listed as less than £89? How much did you pay? When did you buy V3?

m-ac wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:46 pm
Are you trolling? Are you saying your upgrade price was listed as less than £89? How much did you pay? When did you buy V3?
He’s not trolling. I saw another user who got a €49 upgrade price. Weird. Mine was around 250$ last night, then $99 US today…

Return to “Instruments”