Why is FL Studio so popular?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excuse me please wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:17 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:06 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm I wonder who those 100 years olds are who use FL Studio...
fruit is healthy, so it keeps them alive longer than cubase.
Yes, but Cubase keeps you q based.
Cubase sounds like a Polish sausage... :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm Was browsing youtube and I'm selling 12, 18 and older use it.
What do you mean? Either you're being very cryptic on purpose, or your spell checker ruined it.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm
wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm Was browsing youtube and I'm selling 12, 18 and older use it.
What do you mean? Either you're being very cryptic on purpose, or your spell checker ruined it.
spy code.

"the geese use fruity early this year"

"red eagles fly with cubase at dawn"

FL is powerful, and very modular. Fruity Peak Controller is a god send, and Maximus is extremely under rated as a MB Comp on the master. They have a great team, and they work closely with users, way more than any company that I know of. Lots of the workflow is catered for producers of todays hit songs you hear all the time (mostly hip hop, EDM, and trap)

Until not long ago, the most creative DAW for electronic music composers.

A lot of now famous EDM producers started on FL so it has built up a reputation of being good for electronic music. It's also kind of self-perpetuating - since it's so popular, it's easy to find tutorials on Youtube for it, which means new producers are more likely to try it out so they can follow those tutorials. It also helps that it's reasonably priced and (unfortunately) easy to pirate. I think it's the best beginner DAW just for the sheer amount of content and community help available. It also looks good, which is not to be underestimated when it comes you Youtube videos. The vector-based interface is crisp and colorful, windows fade in and out, and everything animates fluidly. DAWs like ProTools or Cubase look old in comparison, like a spreadsheet application. If you've never used another DAW, it's intuitive and fairly easy to learn, though it's harder to transition to most other DAWs since FL works so differently and uses different terminology.

It's not my primary DAW, but I've always liked it and the lifetime free upgrades and genuine improvements they make with each new update make it even more appealing. If they ever improve on some of the more idiosyncratic workflow aspects without alienating current users, I could definitely see myself switching.

^^^"The vector-based interface is crisp and colorful, windows fade in and out, and everything animates fluidly. DAWs like ProTools or Cubase look old in comparison, like a spreadsheet application"

vs

Well, I just don't know. :D

ps. or a full screen
so god knows, Ableton Live looks like a spreadsheet application for sure but Cubase looks like a coloring book of Neon City instead
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm Why is FL so popular?
Same reason Teletubbies is popular.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 pm
custard?

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 pm
It's all La-La to me
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

uh-oh

xbitz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:36 pm ^^^"The vector-based interface is crisp and colorful, windows fade in and out, and everything animates fluidly. DAWs like ProTools or Cubase look old in comparison, like a spreadsheet application"
I used Cubase for years and quite frankly the newer versions gave me a headache, My favorite version was 6.5 which is still much easier on the eye in most respects, less cluttered than the latest versions.
But yeah, even with the new GUI updates Cube-Arse still looks archaic.

I had a license for FL since v5 and said to myself I would switch over to it completely if they ever upgraded the mixer and graphics and lo and behold in version 12 they did just that. I am not crazy about the default gray greenish colour of FL though but if FL 21 turns out to be skinable then I will change it to a very dark blue. :party:

h66 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 pm WORKFLOW, big support, LIFETIME FREE UPDATES
cool company, no greed for profit
Yeah right.... :lol:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

syntonica wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm I wonder who those 100 years olds are who use FL Studio...
I had an accident with Pro Tools in Saw Studio and now I've got Nuendo.

Unaspected wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 pm
syntonica wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm
I had an accident with P.
got that far, really hoped it was ending "olish sausage..." with a complete anecdote.
now im sad inside :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”