MOK Waverazor

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
r_mok
KVRist
41 posts since 25 Nov, 2015 from Berlin, Germany

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 pm

BBFG# wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:39 pm
I find myself asking what is the future plans of Waverazor?
I can't really comment on our exact future plans for Waverazor, other than to say it is our first child, very dear to our hearts, and will continue to be supported for the forseeable future. I made a lot of nifty little additions and improvements in our engine and UI during the Miniraze development, and I am looking forward to rolling a lot of those things back into Waverazor as soon as I get some breathing room. It is on our minds at MOK to keep Waverazor alive and fresh.

Hopefully this is also evidenced by the large number of updates we have made since Waverazor v1.0 (2017) and have not ever charged for an update.

Miniraze, although born from the Waverazor engine, is a different approach to our synthesis, intended to be easier to understand and much faster for programming sounds. Waverazor is super deep and patch programming takes a fair bit of time, as you have a myriad of options to choose from at every step. Our hope is that these two approaches to our synthesis are complimentary, and each user will find the route that suites them best.

All the best. Rob / MOK

BBFG#
KVRAF
6630 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:20 pm

r_mok wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 pm
BBFG# wrote:
I can't really comment on our exact future plans for Waverazor, other than to say it is our first child, very dear to our hearts, and will continue to be supported for the forseeable future.
Rob / MOK
That actually doesn't instill confidence in buying right now for me.
When do you think you will be able to comment on its future plans? (Exact or approximate?)

r_mok
KVRist
41 posts since 25 Nov, 2015 from Berlin, Germany

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 pm

BBFG# wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:20 pm
r_mok wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 pm
BBFG# wrote:
I can't really comment on our exact future plans for Waverazor, other than to say it is our first child, very dear to our hearts, and will continue to be supported for the forseeable future.
Rob / MOK
That actually doesn't instill confidence in buying right now for me.
When do you think you will be able to comment on its future plans? (Exact or approximate?)
I am not sure what you want to know. You seemed to be asking if we would continue to support and develop Waverazor. The short version of my previous answer is, yes.

BBFG#
KVRAF
6630 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Just the fact that you're answering seems to give me more confidence than the answer itself. Of course, the big plus that this has over Miniraze for me is that there's a version for all three OS. (Esp. Linux.) Been playing with it after watching the videos and am having fun with it. Can't wait to see what else you implement into it.
Do you know of any one doing more sounds for it yet?
Thanks!

Well, unique and fun enough to have bought it now. Please keep this going!
Wondering if there might be a Karplus-S in its future as well?

Trader One
KVRist
30 posts since 3 Sep, 2021

Post Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:43 pm

How do you set arp note length to ( 1/16 ) there is just tempo.

yellowmix
KVRAF
1866 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Post Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Trader One wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:43 pm
How do you set arp note length to ( 1/16 ) there is just tempo.
Above the Arp On/Off there is a drop-down selector that ranges from 1 bar to 1/64 with different note orders, as well as 3 unique sequences.

concon
KVRist
33 posts since 1 Mar, 2021

Post Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Having just bought Waverazor, I'm glad to read here that the product will continue to be supported!

Return to “Instruments”