Arturia V Collection 8.2 Up - M1, Faster, Better GUIs etc

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Examigan
KVRAF
6310 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 am

zipb wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 am
I get an error on installing Wurli V2. re-install, same problem. Does it work for other people?
It updated Ok for me here on the PC.

tappert
KVRist
237 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:21 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 am
I wonder if V7 owners get the updated versions as well. It seems a good practice to do so, as thankful customers are more likely to get over the fence to upgrades...
V7 owner and I have 20 updates pending so thank you Arturia. I didn't plan to upgrade to V8 but will do it so yes, it's a good practice to take care of the old customers.

User avatar
Niowiad
KVRian
968 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 am

It's also in their own interest to provide the updates for earlier VCollection owners.
It makes customer support easier, with less cases of older software versions.
Good on them in any case :party:

I'm a VC7 owner hoping to resist until VC10 :hihi:

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
6529 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:12 am

Niowiad wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 am
It's also in their own interest to provide the updates for earlier VCollection owners.
It makes customer support easier, with less cases of older software versions.
Good on them in any case :party:

I'm a VC7 owner hoping to resist until VC10 :hihi:
Might be hard if they come up with more gems in V9…

User avatar
Niowiad
KVRian
968 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:16 am

exactly :borg:

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

8373 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 am

I'm not so sure- they haven't really done anything with drums since Spark...you could see 2 or 3 drum machines in this package....just sayin' ;)
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

nirm123
KVRist
450 posts since 7 Sep, 2012

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 am

zipb wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 am
I get an error on installing Wurli V2. re-install, same problem. Does it work for other people?
I had the same issue (MacOS Big Sur).

adl
KVRian
1330 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:29 am

My only gripe would be that Arturia installes a shortcut for EVERY synth of the V collection (30!) on my desktop. WHY?? You also can´t turn that off in the preferences, so i have to every single one of those 30 icons.
Other than that i really like the V Collection. Used Analog Lab before upgrading and to have such a variety of synths to choose from is just overwhelming.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4526 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:40 am

SLiC wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 am
I'm not so sure- they haven't really done anything with drums since Spark...you could see 2 or 3 drum machines in this package....just sayin' ;)
Yes, I hope they add Spark 2/3 (back) in V Collection 9. Would be a nice and much-needed departure from synths. :tu:

Synth Master Jedi
KVRist
179 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 am

adl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:29 am
My only gripe would be that Arturia installes a shortcut for EVERY synth of the V collection (30!) on my desktop. WHY?? You also can´t turn that off in the preferences, so i have to every single one of those 30 icons.
Other than that i really like the V Collection. Used Analog Lab before upgrading and to have such a variety of synths to choose from is just overwhelming.
I just got the V8 collection a few months ago, but I must've been lucky because that didn't happen to me when I installed everything. I didn't get any icons on my desktop. I didn't check off anything special in the preferences, I just did a standard install using the defaults.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4526 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am

Synth Master Jedi wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 am
adl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:29 am
My only gripe would be that Arturia installes a shortcut for EVERY synth of the V collection (30!) on my desktop. WHY?? You also can´t turn that off in the preferences, so i have to every single one of those 30 icons.
Other than that i really like the V Collection. Used Analog Lab before upgrading and to have such a variety of synths to choose from is just overwhelming.
I just got the V8 collection a few months ago, but I must've been lucky because that didn't happen to me when I installed everything. I didn't get any icons on my desktop. I didn't check off anything special in the preferences, I just did a standard install using the defaults.
I think you get that option for the very first install or if you are doing it manually rather than from ASC. Once installed, the future updates seem to take that into consideration automatically. It happens to me on every update. Not a big deal though. There are some things way more worse than this.

Synth Master Jedi
KVRist
179 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:02 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am
I think you get that option for the very first install or if you are doing it manually rather than from ASC. Once installed, the future updates seem to take that into consideration automatically. It happens to me on every update. Not a big deal though. There are some things way more worse than this.
I see. When I first installed everything, I did it from the ASC, as that seemed to be the easiest and most convenient way.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4526 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Synth Master Jedi wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am
I think you get that option for the very first install or if you are doing it manually rather than from ASC. Once installed, the future updates seem to take that into consideration automatically. It happens to me on every update. Not a big deal though. There are some things way more worse than this.
I see. When I first installed everything, I did it from the ASC, as that seemed to be the easiest and most convenient way.
Indeed. I did the same, but when doing that I think I selected "create desktop icon" for the first install. Ever since then I have just been updating with minimal download/install option in preferences and it does it all automatically/smoothly but while creating icons. :)

First install either through ASC or disabling the minimal download option in ASC preferences or anytime manually downloading from Arturia website should give the option to deselect creation of desktop shortcuts.

(I have created a V Collection folder on desktop where I simply drag (and overwrite) these shortcuts once everything is installed/updated.)

adl
KVRian
1330 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:44 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:07 pm
Synth Master Jedi wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am
I think you get that option for the very first install or if you are doing it manually rather than from ASC. Once installed, the future updates seem to take that into consideration automatically. It happens to me on every update. Not a big deal though. There are some things way more worse than this.
I see. When I first installed everything, I did it from the ASC, as that seemed to be the easiest and most convenient way.
Indeed. I did the same, but when doing that I think I selected "create desktop icon" for the first install. Ever since then I have just been updating with minimal download/install option in preferences and it does it all automatically/smoothly but while creating icons. :)

First install either through ASC or disabling the minimal download option in ASC preferences or anytime manually downloading from Arturia website should give the option to deselect creation of desktop shortcuts.

(I have created a V Collection folder on desktop where I simply drag (and overwrite) these shortcuts once everything is installed/updated.)
I see. Could really be that, not sure of i did check something like that the first time i installed it, but i obviously did. I used the ASC from the every beginning, but unfortunately there´s no option within that to NOT install the icons. Weird choice to make that permanent from the first installation for forever. Anyway, thanks guys for pointing out why that happens for me!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Chrisk-K
KVRist
293 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:11 pm

When I opened ASC today, it auto-updated to the M1 version and prompted me to "reactivate" my Arturia instruments (VC8 & Pigments). No problem, I thought. Instead of showing 5 activations left (all my instruments are on my M1 Mac only), ASC is showing only 4 activations left. My account at Arturia is showing that 1 activation was used for Pigments & VC8 on my M1 Mac.
What is going on?

Return to “Instruments”