Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

They are not the same thing. I personally quite like IKM Syntronic as it's got a more beefier modern sound to it. I haven't heard Syntronic 2 yet tough.

I find Syntronik to be extremely limited. A sample-based sample platter of what the real synths can do.

Also, the Syntronik Solina doesn’t even sound like a Solina. Arturia is the only one who has ever gotten the Solina right, though many have tried.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

flori89 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:30 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:13 pm VC8 by a gigantic margin. I have VC8 and Syntronik. Syntronik has some cool sounds, but it's basically a super simple rompler with only a few editing capabilities.
That would change a lot with V2, there are a lot more editing capabilites now. They still don't model the orginals but you know have a bunch of oscillators, envelopes etc.

So in S2 you could now mix a Jupiter 8 with a Microwave and run the result through a Moog filter. Now that's nothing that you might want if you want to stick as close as possible to the original, opens up interesting options though.

That said, they are really two very different approaches, if you want presets that you can't tweak much you can also go for S2 & Analog Lab V. Then you get basically both :)
I'm aware of the new features of Syntronik 2. I'm using an M1 Mac, so I could use S2's full M1 support. I can upgrade to S2 Max for $149 but will pass mainly because I hate IKM's choice of the new color scheme, which I find hard to read.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:37 pm I still kind of regret getting almost all Syntronik synths with that crazy group buy. Though the one Sampletank pack I paid for was ok. Its not even worth the hard drive space Syntronik occupies vs. the Arturia collection… I am simply not a preset junkie…
I've removed everything including the installers for everything IK MultiMedia from machine, including backups. The software is very unstable and I don't like the shop thing or the authorization manager. Why do I get flashbacks of steinberg a bit? just with more of a web page feel, and promos of crap I don't want being stuffed into my eyeballs...

I would def' rather go with V8, but while I do like what V8 has to offer, I think I'm going to take a pass on both of them...

I think the best thing for me is to go with a selection of other various other stuff...
Last edited by MegaPixel on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 pm I'm aware of the new features of Syntronik 2. I'm using an M1 Mac, so I could use S2's full M1 support. I can upgrade to S2 Max for $149 but will pass mainly because I hate IKM's choice of the new color scheme, which I find hard to read.
I found the same, but just resize the window a little bit bigger and it's a lot better....

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:23 pm Arturia V8
Nothing to add - besides this ^^^^

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 pm Also, the Syntronik Solina doesn’t even sound like a Solina. Arturia is the only one who has ever gotten the Solina right, though many have tried.
Have you heard the GeForce Strings Machines plugin? It's all sample-based (and is basically an audio encyclopedia of string machines). While I agree that the Arturia Solina sounds fantastic, the GeForce version is quite good as well and has a killer built in phaser (plus the ability to layer different string machines).
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 pm I find Syntronik to be extremely limited. A sample-based sample platter of what the real synths can do.
Sometimes samples are the way to go if you want absolute realism. After all, the synth patches in Omnisphere are 80% sample-based (for the raw "oscillators") and it sounds great. It was only after Eric (Persing) got all butt hurt that people were calling Omnisphere a "ROMpler" did Spectrasonics start adding a bunch of so-so VA and granular patches to the core library.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Arturia V8

I do not have Syntronik 2 Max, and I don't know much about it, but I do have Syntronix Deluxe 1 and I do have Arturia V8.

They both have their use and I have used both of them in my songs before, but if I had to make a choice between the two and only keep one then the answer would be V8, because it's far more versatile for my needs.

If I happen to find a preset in Syntronik that sounds ok and works ok in my track then I'll use it, but I see it more as a preset machine, not that there's anything wrong with that.

While V8 does have plenty of presets, you are also able to get down and dirty and tweak to your heart's desire, creating a patch from scratch if that's what you fancy.

I see them as two different things basically.

No contest. Arturia hands down and all day long. And I have owned both. Sold Syntronik a few years back and used the money to buy the V Collection, and I'm now on V8. The Arturia collection just has so much more soul. I think it's well worth that asking price.

Agree 100% with Synth Master Jedi, that these are two different things. I also have both Syntronik Deluxe, and now Arturia's V collection 8. Syntronik is a rompler.. and if you can find the tones you're looking for... terrific. Arturia instruments are soft synths, that you can create patches with deep control of the timbres generated. Importantly, Arturia has really stepped up the game with their recent synths, and updates. The updated instrument timbres sound head and shoulders above their earlier versions. It really is striking, how great they sound. The lines have blurred fairly significantly between ITB and OTB, tone and capability wise.

Anyway - V Collection 8 ftw..

For what it worth, Syntronik has real synth samples in it, with all implications and stuff.
Most of these machines are hard to obtain/maintain artifacts, so the product to me makes more sense than at least let's say... Nexus :)

I assume scoremakers would benefit the most from it
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:37 am For what it worth, Syntronik has real synth samples in it, with all implications and stuff.
Arturia has even a modeled Pianos in the collection, which I would as well prefer over a sampled one. Though the Pianoteq ones are better (and more expensive…)

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 am
Dencheg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:37 am For what it worth, Syntronik has real synth samples in it, with all implications and stuff.
Arturia has even a modeled Pianos in the collection, which I would as well prefer over a sampled one. Though the Pianoteq ones are better (and more expensive…)
i think it was Venus Theory, who said that Piano V2, has Pianoteq coding in it, or licensed, or something.
i tried google; found this:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/is-arturia ... 5-6.38433/

of course, it isn't that extensive as Pianaoteq, but i myself, i never did a comparision (don't have Pianotec, i am not a real piano player...), i really like Piano V2, mostly i use it to practice.

aha found the quote of Venus Theory: "Piano V is actually based on the Pianoteq engine if I remember correctly!"

well, some inside information.....

Return to “Instruments”