Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Has anyone noticed if 1.8 use more CPU? I'm not sure but it feels like it.
Some basic presets now use "8-10% as to 4-7%" before.
Try n see!

Vst3 version in 1.8 is also useless - it needs to much time to switch a preset, can you please fix it.
Avenger is the only vst3 version, where i prefer the vst2 version. I really would like to switch to vst3 but it always hangs the system a short time, while changing the preset on a ssd gen4 Samsung 980 pro

mynet wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:54 am Has anyone noticed if 1.8 use more CPU? I'm not sure but it feels like it.
Some basic presets now use "8-10% as to 4-7%" before.
Try n see!
this should not be possible, CM had no influence over the loading time
I really would like to switch to vst3 but it always hangs
sounds not normal. You should contact Rene

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:35 am Version 1.8 is now live!
no codemeter installation
Anti-codemeter user here - I sold my Avenger license with the change to CodeMeter, much to my own regret because I quite liked Avenger.

I reckon there´s no "welcome back" discount offer :hihi: but I´ll just buy it again on sale now... alas: Is it definite you won´t implement CodeMeter in the future again? (personally, I wouldn´t mind iLok, but there would probably be equally many complaints if you guys implemented that)

Is it definite you won´t implement CodeMeter in the future again?
we have absolutely no plans doing this. Wouldnt make much sense either :)

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:20 am
I really would like to switch to vst3 but it always hangs
sounds not normal. You should contact Rene
I was in contact with Rene - I have the problem on both systems on win10 and win11 with ableton live but also with other daw - he said something about permission but I checked everything and wasn’t able to rid of this behaviour - I have more than 1000 plugins and nowhere else problems with vst3.
So I was hoping that 1.8 would fix this issue

Thanks MSVS loving avenger again best synth on the planet!!!!!

Well, there still are those cpu spikes on any start of an osc. I guess that is somehow related how the voice instance will be created, currently it seems to be quite non-performant. I wish you guys would finally address this problem, so avenger turns into the workhorse synth it should be. My 2 cents :)

I remember the mod envelope screen is really fiddly. Is there a way to improve it? When i want to adjust my points and curves and wanna zoom out and in a small step too much it gets unprecise asap.

Also i found the recording function. Which is really nice, is there a way to maybe switch the recorded points to less precise points? Cause if you want to re-adjust the curve you habe to edit a thousand points or re record and dont f×ck it up :D i have to recheck rob papens record function but i think it is pretty cool
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 pm Well, there still are those cpu spikes on any start of an osc. I guess that is somehow related how the voice instance will be created, currently it seems to be quite non-performant. I wish you guys would finally address this problem, so avenger turns into the workhorse synth it should be. My 2 cents :)
I think a little spike on a note on is inevitable. Avenger has much realtime parameters, especially on OSC level, these have to be startet at note on. But "spikes" as such will only occur if your Asio Buffer Size is way too small

Some of us like to play at small buffer sizes (which btw work for every other plugin except plugin alliance effects), so we can play with very rarely needing to ever quantize.
rsp
sound sculptist

yes, but then you need a very powerful CPU

ps, I am a keyboard player and work at buffersize 512 and must say, I still can play very well with that latency

I really can NOT get Avenger to see the factory lib whatever I do!
It appears to install fine when I point it at the content file (orange bar goes across) but then no presets are visible and every time I start up it says 'Missing Factory Library'!
Have tried: plugin uninstall/reinstall, reboot, download data separately, download via VMgr, drag/drop the data file, choose the data file via the 'Select content file', set the path via the <!> button, use regedit to check avenger paths are good... running out of ideas?! It all appears to install ok, there's 4.8GB in my target data folder, but the presets just aint there!

I did have the demo installed previously (in a different location) and remember having fun getting the presets working there too :(

PS: Good news there msvs re: cm!

Matfink wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:11 pm I really can NOT get Avenger to see the factory lib whatever I do!
It appears to install fine when I point it at the content file (orange bar goes across) but then no presets are visible and every time I start up it says 'Missing Factory Library'!
Have tried: plugin uninstall/reinstall, reboot, download data separately, download via VMgr, drag/drop the data file, choose the data file via the 'Select content file', set the path via the <!> button, use regedit to check avenger paths are good... running out of ideas?! It all appears to install ok, there's 4.8GB in my target data folder, but the presets just aint there!

I did have the demo installed previously (in a different location) and remember having fun getting the presets working there too :(

PS: Good news there msvs re: cm!
Make sure you downloaded and are using the latest factory library file for Windows or Mac (there are separate ones). They had updated it a while ago and the older previous one doesn't work.

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:06 pm yes, but then you need a very powerful CPU

ps, I am a keyboard player and work at buffersize 512 and must say, I still can play very well with that latency
Without quantizing?
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”