SSL FlexVerb - "mix-ready sound in a quick and intuitive way"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Solid State Logic has announced the launch of FlexVerb as part of a new SSL Native v6.1 software release.

FlexVerb is a brand new fully-featured SSL reverb plug-in designed to deliver a professional mix-ready sound in a quick and intuitive way. FlexVerb's versatile split early-late reflection interface allows you to add the natural body and tone of different early room reflections, complimented by the richness of a variety of expansive reverb tail options.

FlexVerb features a 6-band EQ, High and Low Pass Filters, 3-band reverb time multipliers and input sidechain compressor to help you craft reverb that sits perfectly in your mix. FlexVerb's algorithmic architecture gives you the depth, character and detail of a professional reverb in a simple interface, say SSL.

SSL Native V6.1 also includes improvements to the preset management system for all plug-ins in the SSL Native range, as well as dedicated additional MCU plug-in control mapping for Apple's Logic Pro and Steinberg's Cubase, and the addition of over 80 producer presets for the SSL Native plug-in range.

For all existing Duende Native and SSL Native customers, v6.1 is a free update. Existing iLok licenses that say 'SSL Duende Native' in their iLok License Manager account will continue to authorise with v6.1. FlexVerb can be used with an existing Duende Native X-Verb iLok license; a free crossgrade for existing X-Verb customers. Existing and new SSL Native subscription holders will automatically receive a FlexVerb iLok license for the duration of their subscription as part of the SSL Native plug-in suite.

Available now on a $14.99 subscription or to purchase outright from the SSL web store.

SSL Native v6.1 plug-ins are available in AAX, VST3/VST2, and AU formats.
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/ssl-relea ... v6-1-42936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-XBinp1rE

"mix-ready sound in a quick and intuitive way", one of the most important features in a reverb.

Does Elton John use reverb or is he just a delay slut?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

£179 = 229 US :tu: :phones:

Not often you get to necrobump your own post from 3 years ago... :party:

Was $229. then $279... and Now $29! until 1 Dec 2021... see you in 2024! :party:

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... e-flexverb

This reverb is evil ! At least as good as Valhalla reverb. Don t miss the deal this is a pure bargain
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 pm This reverb is evil ! At least as good as Valhalla reverb. Don t miss the deal this is a pure bargain
Could you tell me something about Valhalla and this? I own Vintage Verb but looking for a nice short/room verb.

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 pm This reverb is evil ! At least as good as Valhalla reverb. Don t miss the deal this is a pure bargain
I‘m tempted, but it says you need a physical iLok dongle. Is that true?

flori89 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pmI‘m tempted, but it says you need a physical iLok dongle. Is that true?
It does not say that on the product page, it says:
SSL Native plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles. Please ensure you are running SSL Native 6.3 or above to use the machine-based licensing method.
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... =documents

Note - "machine-based licensing, *or* iLok 2/3 dongles". All the SSL Native plugins I have are authorised on my machine, no dongles required.

beely wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:03 pm
flori89 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pmI‘m tempted, but it says you need a physical iLok dongle. Is that true?
It does not say that on the product page, it says:
SSL Native plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles. Please ensure you are running SSL Native 6.3 or above to use the machine-based licensing method.
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... =documents

Note - "machine-based licensing, *or* iLok 2/3 dongles". All the SSL Native plugins I have are authorised on my machine, no dongles required.
Ah yes on the SSL page there is a different info, thanks!

Quite pleased with this at the $29 price, versatile and useful. Love the compressor, hadn't thought to do that myself in my DAW but it's a neat way to do things.
Last edited by Agreed on Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevel wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:13 pm
Could you tell me something about Valhalla and this? I own Vintage Verb but looking for a nice short/room verb.
I love valhalla plate a lot and i consider it as a standard , i have the same feeling with flex verb , this is a very good verb and usable.i love the modulation section
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

I’d flexverb the one Martin Lind of Relab coded? I thought he did an SSL verb just not sure if it was this or a legacy product.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 pm I’d flexverb the one Martin Lind of Relab coded? I thought he did an SSL verb just not sure if it was this or a legacy product.
Maybe he did X-Verb, the precursor SSL reverb plugin, which was quite highly regarded? People who loved that one, didn't so much like Flexverb, which was coded by SSL afaik.

I passed on this, but instead bought Reverb Foundry's new Tai Chi (Lite), for about the same price. It's sounds flippin' gorgeous... Oh, also bought LiquidSonics Reverberate 3. With those and the other stuff I already have, I'm done for reverbs... :oops: :tu:

Edit:
The SSL X-Verb Plug-In software only runs on SSL DUENDE Units that have been ... X-Verb was developed by Solid State Logic in collaboration with Relab...
From the X-Verb manual:
We had all the ingredients, we needed a recipe! To help us put this together we worked closely with the very talented team at Relab Development ApS. Several thousands of hours of development and testing later, it was done.
Last edited by beely on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

beely wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:49 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 pm I’d flexverb the one Martin Lind of Relab coded? I thought he did an SSL verb just not sure if it was this or a legacy product.
Maybe he did X-Verb, the precursor SSL reverb plugin, which was quite highly regarded? People who loved that one, didn't so much like Flexverb, which was coded by SSL afaik.
That sounds right.

Return to “Effects”